“Truly a new Saigon experience”
Review of EON51 Sky Dining

EON51 Sky Dining
Ranked #184 of 3,597 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: French, Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: EON51 is reaching new heights in dining. With unobstructed views of the sprawling city below, you will enjoy the most delectable fine cuisine in a modern, sophisticated environment. Located on the 51st Floor of the Bitexco Financial Tower, our Executive Chef will provide you with a menu that is inspired from global cuisines - all prepared for you in our open theatre kitchen. Experience our kitchen, up close and personal! Our wine room, with over 300 wine labels, provides an easy-to-select range of complements to the Chefs culinary delights. Every table enjoys a view, but for those wishing for a more private and less interrupted experience, be sure to reserve one of our mezzanine floor tables. Join us at EON51 for a memorable dining experience that will quite simply, take your breath away!Lunch seating starts at 11:30am with last seating at 2:00pm. Dinner seating begins at 5:00pm and the last seating is at 10:00pm
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I read some mixed reviews but was determined to experience this restaurant myself. There are many fine Vietnamese and French restaurants in HCMC worthy of their rankings. Cirrus is new and would thrive equally well in New York, London or Sydney. Its truly 5 star cuisine in a stunning location. The chef has all the credentials you would want and has prepared a fantastic selection of tastes and experiences. After talking to him during our meal I commented on the generosity of the portions, he agreed that leaving a restaurant hungry was a failure on the restaurants behalf. Well we "rolled" out of there vowing to eat there as often as possible on our next Saigon trip. Well done to the staff, management and chefs. Take a bow...and save me a table... I feel a "beef cheeks" moment coming on...

1  Thank 54Sinkers

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Took a lift to the 50th Fl then transferred to another lift to the 51st fl.
There was great sense of privacy, they carefully locate different group of guests and let them have their own private space and not interrupting others.

The bread was great, warm and soft.
The starter was good, though I forgot to take a photo since I was too hungry.
The main was a bit of the shortfall, nice but felt could have been better.

It was a great experience and I think its a perfect spot for both dating and friend gathering.

1  Thank wendy k
Tony S, Owner at EON51 Sky Dining, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Hi and thank you so much for your post.

We do have private areas and not-so-private areas, so I'm pleased a space to your liking. Even in the busy (more 'public') area of the kitchen, we have taken great care to space tables far enough away from each other so that every table has its own element of privacy - something that we feel is very important (not like some fine dining places I have been to in Paris where they really do cram you in side-by-side).

I am curious as to whether you remember the main course that you had (which you said was "a bit of the shortfall") - we would be eager to learn how we could improve the dish. If you can remember, please drop me a line to tonyshadwell@gmail.com - I'd appreciate it.

Again, thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Kind Regards,
Tony.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Some credentials as I am astonished by some poor reviews here: I am a food & beverage editor of Saigoneer.com and F&B reporter for the Guide (biggest selling lifestyle magazine in Vietnam), hospitality trainer and consultant (England), so I guess I know a bit about restaurants and Cirrus is probably the best I have been to in Vietnam, and I have been to a few! I have no links with the restaurant, staff or owners.
Some said "it is expensive for vietnam", ok is not cheap to eat there if you compare to the food you can get in the street or local restaurants ($1 a meal) but you are not eating the same, feeling the same. In other words a $80 meal in Cirrus would easily be $400 in London or NY.

Here is a reduced version of my review (just published in Saigoneer.com):

While I usually place my conclusion at the end of a restaurant review, today I will do the opposite as I do not want you to miss out: this new restaurant is likely to become one of Vietnam’s best, and should earn a few Michelin stars along the way. If you like fine food, try to visit before their waiting list starts to fill up!

Cirrus quietly opened its doors two months ago, and they have been limiting their booking to a maximum of thirty guests per night in order to ensure that the experience is amazing. Mission accomplished.

Located on the 51st floor of the Bitexco Financial Tower, and offering seating with a 360 degree view of the city, I thought that the views from this restaurant, which are amazing at night, would be its main selling point. However, the views turned out to be the least impressive element of my visit. The unique personalised service starts the moment you reach reception at the ground floor of the Bitexco Tower, where one of Cirrus’ receptionists accompanies you and your guests to the lift and all the way up to the restaurant.

The Norwegian salmon is home cured for two days with citrus, dill and vodka, giving it a great taste. It was served with roe, crème fraiche (also homemade), black pepper and dill. The taste and flavours are very distinctive and bring freshness and intensity without being overwhelming.

The signature dish is the pan-roasted Pigeon breast with arugula, cauliflower puree and Phu Quoc pepper puree. This is a rather unusual but very delicious dish. The pigeon breast was very tender and tasty, and was served with rocket salad with an amazing homemade vinaigrette.

I had the opportunity to try two main courses. The first one, Braised beef cheeks, was absolutely exquisite. Great flavours and the meat was so soft that, after being braised for five hours in the oven, you don’t even need a knife to cut it. Great presentation and astonishing flavour, this was probably my favourite dish of the night.

The crispy roasted pork belly was splendid. Forget the image that you may have of pork belly as a rather fatty dish. The one prepared in Cirrus had a very small amount of fat, just enough to enhance the taste without compromising your own belly! Served with vegetables and crispy pork skin, it was nice and light.

1  Thank alfredoy2k

Dear Alfredo,

Thank you so much for your very kind words, and we hope that others will also enjoy their experience as much as you did.

We are humbled by your comments - thanks again.

Warm Regards,
Tony.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The food, service, staff, view, and atmosphere at Cirrus 51 was incredible. Chef Gabe Boyer gave my taste buds a ride, and is unmatched in his creativity with each dish. I went there for dinner, but I got an artistic experience from the highest level of Chef. Please, love yourself, and go to the fine dining.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Cirrus is a Fine Dining experience located on the 51st floor of The Financial Tower in Saigon. In quality, the only other place I've been which was similar was Claridges in London. I don't normally go for this sort of thing, but it was a special occasion, and the chef, his team and service didn't let us down. Don't know who the chef is, but he was from Chicago and he came over personally to ask us how the meal was and deliver a birthday cake which they'd made. The kitchen is in the middle of the restaurant so you can see the chef and his team at work. The care and attention taken in the plating up of the food is quite interesting to watch and each dish looks like a work of art. Everything about Cirrus is geared to make the diner feel special. The surroundings, the view, the decor, the staff and of course the food. Yes, it is more expensive than most restaurants in Saigon, but you get what you pay for - stunning food and a stunning view. I'd have to do my impression of one of chef's crew if he had asked, "Did you enjoy you're visit to Cirrus ?" because the reply would have been a barked "YES CHEF !"

1  Thank Major_Jb
Tony S, Owner at EON51 Sky Dining, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Major_JB,

Wow, we have never been compared to Mr Ramsay before (perhaps I might have heard a few superlatives recently that remind me of him though) ... :)

Thanks for choosing to spend your? birthday with us, we really do love celebrations. I'm so pleased that everything seemed to go well for the special day, I know how important these things can be.

Many, many thanks for your kind remarks, and did we enjoy your post? "Yes CHEF!"

Warm Regards,