All reviews ben thanh market great location no window ice coffee family room walking distance order eggs without windows street market noodles pho fast wifi the hotel staff big market central post office cleaning staff saigon square
Reviewed May 25, 2016

The first night we arrived in Ho Chi Minh was quite late. We had arranged a hotel pick up. The guy was already waiting for us outside the airport. He didn't speak a word to us along the journey.

When we checked into the hotel, one of the male reception asked for passport and said that it will take 20 mins to fill in the details and he will send it up to our room. We had booked for 2 rooms. My mother in law room was opposite us. While the bellboy took our luggage to the room, my husband ask if they accepted tip and when my husband gave him 50,000 dong, he pointed to the 100,000 dong in my husband's wallet.

My husband just handed him the 50,000 dong. That was a lesson learned. After 30 mins we weren't handed in our passports yet. I got really worried and I called the reception and he said to come down and pick up. (I was so sure he said, he will bring it up to the room) But when i went downstairs, it was a different receptionist. Weird.

Yes, we had a room on the 4th floor facing the roads with a window. However it was our first time visiting Ho Chi Minh We just like looking out and see the busy roads. As everyone said. You can hear the beeping and the noise of the streets. Also the walls are quite thin so you can hear ppl talking outside the door way or whatever sounds coming from the next room. (So... not really a kids ideal hotel or for the light sleeper).

However I must say we were really not bothered by the loud noises from the roads. we slept quite well because we were usually quite tired from our tour. People said that you can hear the housekeeper talk at 6am, we didn't even hear anything. The housekeepers were really awesome. We usually go down for breakfast around 8:30am. By the time we return, the beds were all made and everything has been replenished.

Breakfast is quite filling. Eventhou there isn't much selection but it has a pretty good selection. They change a few things everyday, Eggs were usually make to order and ice coffee and noodles. Service was good enough.

The one thing that i love about the Luxe and like everyone said is the Doorman/uncle. Who greets us everything we go, he helps us get a taxi and look after us. I wish i ask for his name because he is truly an ASSET to the hotel or to any Hotel.

The hotel is a walking distance to The Benh Than market, a lot of restaurants around and to Saigon Square and a few of the tourist attractions.

I will still come back and stay at The Luxe Hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

Been here for 4D3N stay. We were given a very spacious and beautiful room. We expect to have sleepless night since reviews said so but it was proven otherwise. The sound from d traffic didnt disturbed our sleep at all. We stayed at 9th floor. Everyone was friendly especially bellboy Mr Gia Hung. I will miss his politeness and care to tourist safety. This hotel is nearby to ben thanh market so a plus point to the stay.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank carolcarrot
Reviewed May 12, 2016 via mobile

Staffs are great and offered excellent services.

I have been here for my Asia Escapade and its location is very near to tourist spots and staffs helps me a lot for directions. However, please improve the cleanliness and change the breakfast menu.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Walking B
Reviewed May 9, 2016

We stayed at this hotel during Chinese New Year. The location is great and everything is within walking distance. The rooms are very small but they're clean. After booking the hotel online I sent an email to the hotel to confirm our reservation, I received a reply stating that we didn't need to worry about anything and that upon arrival they would provide us with a list of all of the tours and sights and help us book them. Well, other than the front doorman being helpful no-one else was helpful as promised in the email. We were disappointed with the lack of assistance at the front desk, they were polite but were not helpful at all and didn't seem to know anything. We were also not too impressed when we asked what the cost would be to extend our checkout time by 3 hours and were told we would have to pay for the full rate for a night.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2016

Booked 02 twin deluxe and 01 deluxe double for 08 adults. The deluxe double is quite spacious without window, but nobody cares coz all we want cozy night sleep. The twin deluxe has window but only can see the next building. The room attendant start work at 7am and due of the thin wall, you can heard they or other patrons talking. Breakfast ok, all food were ready at 630am. The middle age doorman was good, as he ensure that you will get a taxi, help you to cross the road and also went to help carry heavy luggage up to the lobby.. and he always smile. Wifi is good.. same goes with pillows and bed.

Room tip: corner room is good..quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled with family