“Such an accommodating hotel”

Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa
Ranked #49 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Alagon is a beautiful hotel situated in such a convenient location. The breakfast is yummy and the staff are amazing. One gentleman in particular was very helpful, his name is Bryan Nguyen. He was always happy to assist with anything that we needed or wanted to do.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I've been to Ho Chi Minh several times and this time was my most memorable stay in this city. Especially the great hospitality of all the staffs in Alagon Hotel and one staff need my special mentioned is 'Miss Ruby Trang'. I've no language barrier in this hotel as she speaks good English and her patience in explaining to me all the destinations that i need to travel in HCM. I instructed her the room service I needed and every night I come back to my room with 'home feeling'. I would highly recommend this hotel and special thanks to Ruby.

Room Tip: Stay in the new wing, everything is new and clean.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I used one of the hotel booking web sites to book this hotel- when I noticed that they could not guarantee me a room with a window I cancelled it and booked at the hotel Hoang Hai Long Hotel. When I arrived to check in at the Hoang Hai Long Hotel I became aware by pure coincidence that these two hotels (Alagon and Hoang Hai Long) are connected, managed by the same company, but one is supposed to be four star and the other three. Upon check in at the Hoang Hai Long Hotel I was allocated a room without windows,,,,which I refused to accept. The front office manager was kind enough to understand my predicament and he was able to allocate me a room at the connecting Alagon Hotel. The room was big,with a big double bed and views of the back of the neighboring buildings (no view unfortunately and rather filthy) and by chance had two bathrooms…one with a full bathtub and the other with a shower! Besides some confusion one morning with the breakfast voucher and one of the waiting staff, my stay was a great one. The location is excellent walking distance from the main Saigon market. Superb wifi connectivity. Excellent value for money!

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms do not have windows. Do not book them if you are claustrophobic as I am!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2013

we stayed at Alagon for 3 nights. The hotel is perfect location for walking tours of the city, clean and staff very friendly and helpful. Excellent service. We love Alagon and Ho chi min city.We will go there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel, its my second time here and everytime I visit it gets better and better. The staff are prompt and very friendly. Mr.Anthony is always helpful and friendly. The hotel is also very central to everything in the city. The price range is also excellent. I would stay no where else besides Alagon Hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2013

location was near everything. staff was friendly and helpful. we had an enjoyable time at the hotel.
breakfast buffet was awesome too!
shout out to guest service officer Bryan Nguyen for being so nice and passionate about his job!
well done!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in December. The hotel is in perfect location for walking tours of the city's major sites. The hotel's own guest service operator, Bryan, was very helpful - booking train tickets for Mui Ne for us after exploring several travel options. Overall a good hotel at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2013
#25 of 476 in Ho Chi Minh City
Sunland Saigon Riverside Hotel
Sunland Saigon Riverside Hotel
#66 of 476 in Ho Chi Minh City

Been to Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa

Address: 289-291 Ly Tu Trong Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City 70000, Vietnam (Formerly Alagon Hotel Saigon)
Location: Vietnam > Ho Chi Minh City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Airport Transportation
Ranked #49 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Price Range: $48 - $90 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa 3*
Alagon Hotel Saigon features elegant and modern rooms with free Wi-Fi in the centre of Ho Chi Minh City. A 5-minute walk to Ben Thanh Market, it offers a 24-hour restaurant and room service.Alagon Hotel Saigon is just a 3-minute walk to the 23/9 Park and a 7-minute drive to the Opera House. It takes 20 minutes by car to reach Tan Son Nhat Airport.All rooms are air-conditioned and come with turn-down service. Each room is equipped with a flat-screen satellite TV, seating area, and tea and coffee making facilities. Private bathroom includes a shower.An elevator serves the hotel, which provides airport transfer, laundry and dry cleaning services at an extra charge. Guests can relax at the hotel’s spa bath or check their emails at the business centre. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.