“Support this place or we'll lose it!”
Review of Wine Embassy - CLOSED

Wine Embassy
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
“Support this place or we'll lose it!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was introduced to this relatively new venue in Ho Chi Minh City by friends. I'm so grateful for the introduction. Great concept, very 'out there' for Saigon and great vibe. But what makes it is the really well trained staff who know a lot about the wines they are serving. I was able to discuss a tasting plan with the woman serving us who even was able to recommend a series of wines based on the side plates of cheeses and meats we'd ordered to snack on. A different series of wines was recommended for each of the four of us, based on questions about our tastes and in discussion with us. The establishment has invested in two of those expensive dispensing machines that keep the wine sealed and fresh.

I was disappointed that it was so quiet at 7pm on Saturday night when we were there but I'm assured by others that at times it's full of customers. I'll be going back for sure in the hope that they can sustain this little gem in Saigon!

• Visited October 2013
francoiscarteau, Owner at Wine Embassy, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Sean R ,
Thank you for message and support. I wish to share my passion about wine and food pairing to everybody, I always wanted to have any person work in my place the ability to talk about the wine, how to enjoy it, what to eat with ....in order to create a certain interactive atmosphere and , by any chance, discovering or learning a little while relaxing with a glass of good wine.
See you soon at Wine Embassy.

Bangkok, Thailand
“My wine oasis in Saigon”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I am currently studying for my WSET diploma degree and have found a wonderful place to do my "research" at Wine Embassy. The owner, Francois, is a delight to talk to and the people he has working for him are very helpful and knowledgeable. Definitely something you won't find at the wine bars here in Saigon. I love the well curated selection of wines and the small plates that go with them. I am looking forward to doing a lot more "studying" at Wine Embassy in the next few months. Cheers!

Visited October 2013
Dear travellingmama1 ,
thank you for your message. This is a great reward for us to know our guest enjoy our atmosphere and wine selection. I carefully select wines to insure we always have something for discovery, a classic or friendly wine. It all about sharing and have a good time. See you soon.
Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa, Japan
“Reasonable price!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We enjoyed only wine but for food, but the staff kindly introduced their recommendation as our request. We had 2 glasses of wine each and it was just 600,000 đồng! I believe that the reason why the atmosphere is sophisticated is because the staff is so!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank hashnao
Dear hashnao,
Thank you for your message, we are glad to know you at a good time in our Wine bar. As you wine selection is updated every month, please feel free to pass by again to discover some more.
Regards,
Upland, California, United States
“Drink wine and be merry”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This place was a slice of heaven and breath of fresh air. The one thing I crave while I'm abroad in Asia is a nice plate of cheese and a couple glasses of wine.

I'm not talking wine to drink and cheese to stuff in my face, but a chance to really slow down, relax and TASTE what you're eating. Their menu is short, but covers all the french necessaries and has artichoke dip!

The staff is very knowledgeable about wine. We spent time with Marcelle, one of the owners, on a quiet Tuesday evening talking and sharing about the wines, the restaurant and life in general. Not just Marcelle, but the local staff knew their wines too. I was impressed!

This is really a special spot, an oasis in the busy city of HCM.

• Visited September 2013
Dear Carolyn L,
thank you for your message. Like you said, we do not have an large food menu, but we do have a pairing for each of our wine by glass. We wish to make every guest discovery the great experience you can have while pairing the food with the wine. Our wine selection is updated every month to always have something to discover.
thank you again and hope to see you again soon.
London
“Nice choice of wines by the glass”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

A solid wine bar with a decent selection of wines by the glass. Slightly pricey though but great location and relaxed atmosphere with a mostly upmarket crowd.

• Visited August 2013
francoiscarteau, General Manager at Wine Embassy, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear tonyonholiday,
Thank you for your message. We are happy to know you had a pleasant time in our bar. Our selection of wine [over 24 wines by the glass] start with our great value wine up to some amazing wine from high end origins [Mecurey 1er cru, Super Tuscan from Italy, Grand Cru Classe from Bordeaux, Fine wine from Australia]. We wanted to propose also great wines by the glass as nobody is doing it in Vietnam. I hope to welcome you again soon. Thank you