“Dim Sum Lunch!”

Yu Chu
Ranked #442 of 3,347 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Translated as “Emperor Kitchen,” Yu Chu is InterContinental Saigon’s signature restaurant located on the first floor. The restaurant marries contemporary style, polished surroundings and culinary spectacle with authentic Cantonese and Peking cuisine. As diners look on, our skillful chefs prepare hand-pulled noodles, fresh Dim Sum and hot wok dishes within the open, impeccably designed show kitchen.
Los Angeles, California
“Dim Sum Lunch!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Folks, you come to Yu Chu for the all you can eat Dim Sum lunch! This is quite possibly the best dim sum experience I've had (definitely top 3).

For approximately $20US, you can order as much as you want off their menu, and they will cook to order. For those used to carts rolling around, this isn't it. It takes a bit of getting used to, having to time your orders so that you don't have dead time waiting for your next course.

Those who aren't used to the level of personnel... get used to it, it's a SE Asian thing. They're there to serve you.

Between my dad and I, we pretty much went through one side of the menu, then the other. We enjoyed everything we ordered, except for the baked meat pastry (too dry). If I had to pick highlights:

- Braised pork spare ribs
- Xiao long bao (juicy dumplings)
- Potstickers (some of the best I've ever had)
- Chicken feet

DO NOT pass on the mango pudding for dessert... I wanted to forgo it after being stuffed, but the friendly server insisted I try it, as it was a little bowl. I agreed... cool, smooth, light sprinkled with palmelo bits. Not only did I finish it, I had another!

I will agree that, while it's an open kitchen, not much is going on in there, especially for the lunch time. I enjoyed my seat by the window, overlooking the hustle and bustle of the street below.

I'm going back for sure.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Sydney
“Great Peking Duck”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

One of the best meals I had on my trip and it was very reasonable considering the restaurant is in a 5 star hotel.

Visited December 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Average”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Peking duck wasn't too great- the meat was okay, the noodles were ok, but hte skin could be more crispy and hotter. Service was efficient, but nothing spectacular.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank raygondra
Gray, Maine
“Do not expect a cooking demonstration”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Chose this outlet primarily due to the pitching of their open kitchens featuring hand pulled noodles. Not happening. There are several tables set in front of the kitchens which indeed are open, but once off to the side, you get nothing. Food was good, but not authentic Chinese. Service was creepy with 2-3 waitstaff standing nearby staring at us. All you have to do is flinch and someone is at your side. Very disturbing. Prices not bad for a 5 star hotel eatery.

• Visited January 2013