“Fun times and great food, perfect!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Saigon Street Eats

Saigon Street Eats
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get off the tourist trail and dive into the real Ho Chi Minh City, home of the world's best street food. All Saigon Street Eats groups are small because we want you to feel like you're hanging out with friends. We offer three food-focused tours - the Pho Trail, the Seafood Trail and Street Food 101 (an introduction to street food). We are the only tour outfit in town offering Pasteur Street craft beer on our evening tours. Bear in mind our tours aren't for everyone. They are designed people like us -- people who don't usually do tours, people who want to experience local life and people who love to explore a culture through its food by eating where the locals eat.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun times and great food, perfect!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We did the snail street food tour on 3rd September, on this night we were lucky enough to be the only couple on the tour. Vu looked after us like a true professional, to me this felt more like a friend showing me some of his favorite places in his home town than an organised tour.
Vu made a great effort to make sure we were happy with the food and even helped me purchase interesting foods from street vendors walking past (and showed the correct technique for eating said foods).
Vu was the perfect host, we learnt a lot and at times were laughing almost until we cried. I just wish we had more time to do another tour with Saigon Street Eats.
If you want to eat foods that as a non-Vietnamese speaker would normally be difficult to access and have a great night out, I highly recommend the 'Snail Street' tour. Bring an empty stomach and a good attitude and you will have a brilliant evening.
Thanks again Vu for a memorable night.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Blenheim, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An education and meal all in one.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is something you might like to do on your first night in HCMC. Not only was it 4 hours of pleasurable eating and drinking it was also great to get a history lesson, things to do and see and what to do and not to do when in Vietnam. Vu was very knowledgable and we picked his brains throughout the evening. He also has a great sense of humour and the motorbike ride was sedate and safe. Highly recommend this tour.

Visited August 2013
4 attraction reviews
“A great alternative to a cooking class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I did the snail st night tour. At 60 USD I had high expectations of the food and guides. My expectations were met and Barbara (Expat aussie) and her Vietnamese partner Vu made a great team.

There was no expense spared on the evening with free flowing drinks and food all night. Barbara and Vu were very knowledgeable and were also able to relax with the group and have a chat and a laugh. Overall it was a great way to learn about Vietnamese food and eat authentic local cuisine.

Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Exciting and tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

What an exciting experience! I took the snail street tour with my non seafood eating mother, not so adventurous eating Aunty and my partner and I who love trying new things. We all had a great night! We were a bit apprehensive about getting picked up on the bikes (they do have a scaredy cat option which is a regular taxi that we nearly took) but we were very pleased we braved the bikes because they were so much fun and the drivers were very careful and we felt very safe and exhilarated by the experience. A great way to get a glimpse of the city. We were given a quick tour of the town first before heading to a snail street (somewhere we would never have ventured) we surely would not have tried the food if we weren't on the tour and I'm so glad we did because it was mighty tasty. I'm still salivating over the crab! The prawns were also a clear winner. Since my mother doesn't eat seafood we had a goat hot pot which was also delicious! We were very full by the end. The tour operators are very laid back and will certainly give you a glimpse into what the locals eat on a night out. They will also tailor the experience to meet your needs. they were very accommodating. We had quite a few beers too which made for a good evening. Overall a really good experience!

Visited June 2013
“Saigon Street Eats - a must do in HCMC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Booked the tour not knowing exactly what to expect and I must say I was very pleasantly surprised! Barbara and Vu are fantastic hosts and they "take you to the streets" and they order food for you to eat. You sit in the streets and experience Ho Chi Minh City just as the locals do when they are out for a night. I ate stuff that I would never have thought I would - but Barbara and Vu explain everything! They also introduce you to some of the passing locals which is just fantastic - definitely don't do the "chicken/tourist thing" of getting a taxi to start the tour - part of this wonderful experience is being picked up on the back of a moped and being 'whisked away' by the guides, the locals and the city - A must do in HCMC

Visited July 2013