“Best food in town, poor toilets”
Review of Brotzeit

Brotzeit
Ranked #1,989 of 3,353 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: German
Da Nang, Vietnam
“Best food in town, poor toilets”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am always when I am in Saigon going to the Brotzeit.
In my opinion the best food in town and for sure the best beer :)
The only thing I don t like is the toilet. It s not part of the restaurant and you have to
go out. There is one not far, but they share it with other restaurants and its also looking like this...
Anyway food, beer and location is nice. I will come back for sure!

• Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Excellent taste & big portions”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Despite some other not so great reviews, I gave it a try: And I was really thrilled by the good taste. As starters we had a soup and the spread - nearly enough for a wohle meal and authentic taste! Then, I had the pork knuckles which were absolutely great! The boiled beef was also good, just the horseraddish was really not german style and with no taste. That is why it's only 4.5 points for me - but I would recommend this place for everybody wanting to have a taste of Germany!
Style is quite modern - business like, but with taste! Prices are okay, but not surely not cheap. 300k VND for a Schnitzel is standard western price, I'd guess.

• Visited February 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
“Good family evening out”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Went here for the 1st time last night. Two families with 5 kids in tow (an 11 year old, two 7 year olds, one 18 months, and one 7 months). We ordered one of their special platters with some extra fries for the kids and we had leftovers. The food was very good (pork knuckle, sausages, chicken, and pork). The beer was great (good price for the house beer). The service was very good. They were a little slow on the 1st round of beers, but they brought out a bunch of toys for the kids to play with and 2 of the staff offered to watch over the 7 month old so the mom and dad could have some time to actually eat. We took them up on the offer and they were very good with the little guy.
We don't get into the center of town in the evenings too often, but I'll make a point of heading back here with friends int he future.

• Visited February 2013
Nuremberg, Germany
“Bavarian Food”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Wanted to have some German food. Found out about this restaurant and went to try it. Ok mainly Bavarian dishes are availabe. Be certain that this is only a very small selection of German dishes and does not represent Germany. Nevertheless on my first visit staff was friendly and helpful. Food was Ok but nothing special - tasted like German food I have had in China, USA Hand other places.
Second time it was loud - an event took place which I was not aware of - staff slow but friendly. Disappointing was the food. Tasted like nothing because no salt or spices have been used - my Impression. To sum it up staff friendly but food only average.
Did not mention the german beer because it is the best in the world!!!

• Visited October 2012
Singapore
“Great price for beers!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Really cheap beers! Singapore beers are not too cheap so it's really a great experience! I had the usual sausage with beer, very yummy! There's lots of space for alfresco dining.

I don't like that there are lots of smokers at the alfresco dining area. I chose alfresco for the ambience and the natural air, so have to put up with cigarette smoke.

Visited July 2012