“Noisy, rude staff and breakfast not that good”

Signature Saigon Hotel
Ranked #93 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We got off to a to a very bad start in reception. We had to deal with the male clerk who gave us room 502, which is on the busy street. I asked for a quieter room. He then lied to me three times ("you won't hear any noise that far up" "we are full" and "the only rooms with two beds are on the street"). Eventually he gave us room 908 which is a nice room, but you can hear noises from the roof. I think one is the elevator motor. Breakfast was plentiful but the quality was poor. For example, there is no cheese for the omelets. Location was pretty good and several of the staff people were very nice.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jimandcarolstravels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I loved the location of this hotel as it is away from the dirty touristy area. You are a 5 minutes walk away from the markets. Lots of great food on the streets near by.
The only major complaint I had was the Air Conditioning in room was poor, I like my room to be ice cold and this didn't even come close. I was sleeping with no sheets on and the Air Con on full tilt, and wasn't cold. I had an employee come up to check it out, he played with it and told me I had set it wrong (wasn't the case), he re set it and asked me not to touch it, no difference.
If it wasn't for the Air Con issue, I would have stayed here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank robbieh836
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The hotel is a great deal for the price. We checked in and out on three different occasions during our stay in Vietnam. The Signature served as our “home base” as we toured other parts of the country. The staff was amazing. It was very impressive that they remembered our names and room numbers each time we crossed a staff member’s path.
The location is perfect. The Signature is in the heart of district one and a five minute walk to either the market or backpacker district. The Reunification palace and War Remnants are also within a short walking distance.
The rooms are very nice and clean. We opted for the junior suite and the room was spacious and well appointed. We had a couple of issues with the air conditioner which makes sleeping difficult in such a hot city. Aside from the A/C issues, we really enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nick w
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is situated just a 2 min walk away from the market and most restaurant's. Staff were very obliging and helpful. Breakfast was very good. We had a few drinks with other residents on the tables and chairs outside and the prices were very reasonable. I didn't give this hotel a five for a couple of reasons. There was no English spoken news channels so we were unable to catch up with current affairs. Also there was only a tiny window in the bathroom and the interconnecting doors made the rooms very noisy with no privacy.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bowtay
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great Motel stayed here for three days in March with my husband and daughter, room was lovely is was within easy walking distance to shops and markets. Staff were very friendly and english was great. No complaints from us.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kim W
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Nice hotel,very clean with polite & friendly staff.One morning I forgot to lock my safety deposit
box,and when I returned in the evening from a tour we found our valuables untouched.
The room was cleanned but the maid or any other staff did not take advantage of the open safe,they should be commended.Also,the hotel made a vey nice gesture by sending a bottle of wine to our room on my wife's birthday,we were pleasantly suprised.We stayed 7 nights in the hotel in a deluxe room and would stay in the hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arthur D
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights, had been upgraded to superior room but needed a room with 2 beds and they would/could not separate the beds, so allocated a much smaller room on a higher floor. No problems with the room, breakfast a bit frenetic with so many people wanting to eat at the same time and not much room. However choice of food good and fresh food prepared while you wait. All in all a reasonable hotel right in the centre of the busy area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends