First of all, I have to say that this isn't a terrible hotel. It's clean and tidy. It's in a good location to explore the city. So why the bad review?
1) I emailed the hotel twice before our arrival and did not get a response. I really hate this. We eventually got our previous hotel in Hoi An to phone for us. Not a great start.
2) The showers are shockingly bad for a modern hotel. Firstly, the shower is in the bath (ok, but not ideal). Secondly, you have to fix the shower head to the wall, but the fixing is so low that any adult will have bend in a very awkward position to use it. Thirdly, the controls are not marked and seem to have a mind of their own - figuring out how to use them is a complex guessing game. Lastly, and most seriously, once you have the shower working the temperature fluctuates from cold to dangerously hot every 20 seconds. A warning to parents, I suggest that you don't leave your child unattended to take a shower!
3) The hotel had a large number of tour groups that swarm over the hotel like locusts.
4) The breakfast was a bit of a shambles. Because of the tour groups, we were not allowed to eat our breakfast in the main dining area (which looked nice). Instead we had to go down into the basement which felt like a garage with curtains. Furthermore, the buffet had significantly less options than the upstairs dining area, and most of the time the items had run out.
Perhaps we were unlucky, but the fact remains that we had a bad experience at this hotel (the worst we had in Vietnam). You may be lucky and miss the tour groups, and have a lovely stay. However, you may not!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Signature Saigon Hotel is a brand new hotel suitably located in the city centre and just 100 meters from Ben Thanh Market. We are a three star hotel which offers five star services. Our hotel has 9 floors and consists of 72 elegantly furnished and designed rooms. The rooms offer spacious accommodation with great city views and every modern convenience you will require. Our central location is one of our best features. We are located within walking distance to the immediate city centre with an array of shopping centers, restaurants, bars, parks, tourist highlights and much more. Besides our great location and elegant rooms, our staff are our biggest asset. The staff at Signature Saigon Hotel are well known for their enthusiasm, problem solving skills and friendliness. We are very proud of our staff and they look forward to being of assistance to you on your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Signature Saigon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.