1,257 results
All reviews ben thanh market fine arts museum junior suite family room within walking distance convenience store buffet breakfast stayed for nights top floor short stay comfortable hotel star hotel war museum reunification palace post office noodles pho
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Rooms are nicely done with sufficient amenities. However, there was a mistake that the hotel management made, that didn't make us feel very welcome at the reception's desk. I asked for an early check in at 6 am after our train's arrival asking how much extra would it cost. I was told that there would be no extra charge as a "special offer for our new guest". I replied feeling grateful and thankful. However, when we arrived, the receptionist told us early check in was subject to a 50% surcharge. It didn't make sense, and he called his manager to clarify things. Finally, we had our room for us to catch up on some sleep. Next morning, on our way out, i asked their manager for directions, and guessing that was the lady who gave me the "special offer", she was nonchalant, and appeared really busy with her work. It wasn't about the 50% room rate, it was about the hotel telling us we are privileged, and upon arrival came up with another story. We just felt upset with this as we didn't mean it as well.

Nevertheless, i was satisfied with everything else there. Could walk to Ben Thanh market (10mins) from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mahfreakinlaif
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed there on 2 saturday nights both on the Deluxe and the Superior room.
Deluxe room: It is quite spacious but not as much as other hotels. It has a safe. The bathroom is small but ok. The bed is very hard but i like it so no complaint there. There's a bedside table with supposedly all the switches to control the lights in the room. They didnt work though.
The main problem we had was that we had to hear unbearable music (crappy dance from I dont know when..) until very late.
Superior room: This room is the same as the deluxe but in a VERY small version. The only difference is that we didn't the music at night!
Breakfast: I think it's probably the worst buffet breakfast we had in Vietnam... They really need to improve there...
Reception: We did have a bit of communication issue with the staff as their english is not that great but no major problems.
Location: It's about 5min walk to the night market and 15 to the backpackers area, so not bad. 30min to the airport.
If I'm back in Ho Chi Minh, I think I'll chose another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chrysteria64
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It's nowhere near as good as the hotel in Hanoi. It has some nice touches compared to the Mifuki (like decorations in the hall, electronic key cards, a room safe, and a quieter air con). On the down side, the bed is rock hard (the train and home stay were more comfortable!); there's a bright light right outside the window (to make the hotel facade look white, attractive and lit up to anyone walking by at 2am); there's no plug near the kettle so it has to sit on the floor across the room; the plug by the bed doesn't work (so the phone and kettle have to share); all the instructions for the spa bath are in Chinese characters; the staff speak minimal English; and there's no dressing gown (odd compared to other hotels here). So at 11pm at night I'm wet, cold, frustrated and wrapped in a skimpy white bath towel trying to show two male staff what they can't understand over the phone. We eventually establish that there is indeed no hot water. The spa bath turns out not to be working because housekeeping switched off the unmarked switch hidden across the bathroom by the toilet...the hot water I have to wait till the next day for.

There's nothing wrong with the hotel breakfast but there's nothing particularly good about it either (unlike Hanoi and Hue); I stick to coffee.

At $90/USD per night I'd expected better and would have been better staying at the cheaper hotel I started at. It's certainly nothing like the gorgeous room I got for that price in Hanoi.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank NixieNZ
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel is an excellent place to stay in Saigon. The rooms are a good size, comfortable and clean. The staff are friendly, polite and helpful. The breakfast buffet is very good. The hotel is located close to the markets, the Reunification Palace and other tourist areas. They even arranged a car to take us to the airport at a better price than the taxi we got from the bus station which was much closer.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Signature Hotel is in a good location, just slightly away from the main tourist strip, but only a few minutes walk. The rooms were comfortable & very clean, and a very minor issue with using the in-room safe was sorted out very quickly & efficiently.
This is a good, safe choice for a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo