1,253 results
All reviewsben thanh marketfine arts museumjunior suitefamily roomwithin walking distanceconvenience storebuffet breakfaststayed for nightstop floorshort staycomfortable hotelstar hotelwar museumreunification palacepost officenoodlespho
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I recently visited Signature Saigon Hotel and the hotel is new and clean. The decorations have a modern touch to it and the service is splendid.

The staff can speak good English, and there are many tours to choose from in the hotel desk counter. The room comes with a jacuzzi that is really comfortable. There is a private computer and free wi-fi. A huge Panasonic LED TV comes with every Junior Suite and a smaller LG LED TV comes with the Deluxe Rooms.

For our personal minibar, a can of coke or Fanta costs 20,000 dong (US$1), a very affordable price. Even if you go outside, a can of coke costs this price too.

A bottle of mineral water costs 15,000 dong and a can of Heineken beer costs 30,000 dong.

The jacuzzi in the Junior Suites are those that you can step into and close the door with a bath tub below while the jacuzzi in the Deluxe Rooms are slightly smaller.

There are a few bad points I have to point out, sadly.

1) The coffee-maker in the rooms are rusty. Do not drink out of them!

2) The mattress and pillows are too hard. (I hope Signature rectifies this problem quick.)

3) We can hear everything that anybody is speaking outside of the room along the corridor. I am a very heavy sleeper so I wasn't affected. However, its EXTREMELY LOUD when I am not asleep.

Rest assured though, people outside can't hear your conversations in the room.

Breakfast was okay, coffee was good.

There is one more thing I want to point out, that is, there are many western varieties of food for breakfast such as sausages, ham, bacon, eggs, orange juice, milk, cereal etc.

That is good, but, there are very few Vietnamese varieties in the breakfast buffet.

I mean, as do many others with adventurous tastebuds, I am sure all of us want to try the local Vietnamese fare instead of sticking to what we are very used to in other countries.

Maybe I went down to the breakfast buffet a little too early so they have not fully prepared everything. But if I'm not wrong, there were only a few varieties of Vietnamese cuisine.

Pineapple was excellent, I have to specially point this out. It was very sweet. I loved it a lot.

Location is good, very near Pham Ngu Lao, the backpacker's district, it's also near to the Ben Thanh Market.

I've heard that the school nearby has children singing the Vietnamese national anthem everyday. It doesn't seem to affect my sleep. I couldn't even hear it.

I wouldn't really recommend walking on the streets and crossing the roads. Firstly, there are no traffic lights and the motorcycles drive like a swarm of bees. Nobody is going to stop their vehicles to wait for you to cross.

It is dangerous. I would strongly advise people to just book a taxi from the receptionist and if you are outside, book a taxi from the security guards in front of restaurants or stalls (they are all over the place.)

To go to a place by cab is very cheap. It costs about 17,000 dong (est. US$0.80) if you are going to places nearby, that is, if you don't get cheated of your money.

Only take taxis whose companies are trusted such as Vinasun or Mai Linh.

I would rather spend that 80 cents than put my life at stake, that's what I have to say.

Room Tip: Request for a quiet room, the people here are very nice and they will try to cope with your needs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank SG_Jun
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Clean, well furnished, well priced and well located. Staff is very helpful and friendly. This not a 5-star property, but is an excellent choice if you are in HCMC for a few days. When I asked the front desk to help me with a last minute tour of the Mekong Delta, they raced around to accommodate me.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Craig914
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had booked initially another hotel in HCM and finally changed for this one after looking at comments in TA.
Hotel is nice looking, white marble and looks really newly refurbished.
Welcome was really average, after asking our booking number, they just gave us our key and asked for our passport, that is all.
The room ( junior suite) was nice looking and comfortable. Bathroom was also OK with jacuzzi bath tube. Room is nicely decorated and also complimentary water and fruits.
Breakfast is buffet with a large choice but the food is not really fresh nor tasty. They do not seem organized even if they are overstaffed for breakfast.
The hotel looking and room is really good but it is the staff who is not professional and who seem to not care about clients, therefore I think it is a bit expensive for what you get.
Sound proofing is also bad, we could hear everything in the corridor which is quite annoying when you are not an early riser.
However, the location is great for visiting HCM, 5 minutes from Ben Tanh and 10-15 minutes from Post Office, Theatre, Vincom Center shopping mall, etc...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sonia T
Reviewed November 20, 2012

When i booked this hotel for my HCM trip, it was rated 4th in TA. By the time i landed there it had reached top position in this site. As i went through the smooth checkin, pickup and saw the room i was wondering why this got up to number one.

After all it was beside a crowded street, no pool, no restaurant (barring bfast), no gym, delayed lifts, small corridors, no great window views and a structure which suited business guests more than family.

Its only later when you start staying and interacting with the staff that the "customer delight" aspect of SS hotel rears up.

The staff are absolute gem and true to hotel claims, they make a difference. They love their guests and their interaction dont have any commercial push behind. I didnt buy any tour package but Mr Ty was always there - welcoming us two times a day, asking how was the day, where all we went, what all we saw and advised further. He and My Phi, Mr. Huan Trong would always play and talk to my son, holding his hands the moment they saw him, giving him chocolates, taking his cap..everytime we wennt out or came in the hotel. This despite my son's limited vocabulary.

Ms Xuan Trang, the bfast restaurant incharge, made a massive difference on a day we were in real hurry. we were eating bfast at 7am and needed to finish by 730 to catch the day tour bus. at 7:15 my son threw up and we panicked, but she came up, cleaned the place double quick, calmed my boy caressing her hand on his head, gave him a chocloate to quieten his crying and kept telling me "dont worry sir, dont worry sir". Later she helped me take to the nearest bathroom and with towels etc. the day tour went great from there.

And on day of checkout, out of the blue, Ms Trang came up with fresh cooked chicken cury/rice/bread and said its for four of you to eat at the airport. We were bit confused as we hadnt ordered anything, but she had taken the efforts to get it prepared for us.Needless to say, since it was a afternoon flight, Ms Trang's gesture came in very handy as that became our lunch.

The staff apart, the hotel has other positives too ...gave me steal deal for two connecting rooms, each room has a desktop with free internet (first time i ever saw), the minibar stuff are real affordable (first time this too, a coke can costing same as outside), complimentary fruits in room and lobby, bang 5mins walking from the "must shop" Ben Thanh Market, good sleep, good AC, good pickup service as we were delayed 1.5hrs at immigration, walking distance to many tourist sites and an excellent bfast combining local delights with standard buffet bfast fare.

So Thank you Ms Xuan Trang, Mr Ty, Mr Huan Tung, Mr Phi for giving us fabulous company and making our trip memorable. And see you'll soon!

Room Tip: email to their sales and leave the rest to them, they will take care. you may want to take a room with a window than some which dont have window.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank PattufromSG
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We selected Signature Hotel based on the high review of Tripadvisor.

We sort of regretted after 10 min of check in. The room is very small, we had problem with operating the safe, and the bell boy who assisted us was cocky (at least that's the impression we got). The reception wanted to keep our passport as safe guard, they declined a swipe of the credit card as deposit (it's as if we are going to run away). In the end, we settled the full bill by credit card and there was a 3% charge on top of it.

We asked for iron and ironing board which they could not provide. So we used the pressing service which was fine, except that the reception said it will take 10 min, whereas the same bell boy who came up with the chamber maid said it could only be done by the next day.

Anyway, we didn't feel welcome by the hotel on the 1st night, but the service did improve over the few days, especially the kitchen manager who was really helpful and made us feel at home.

The sound proofing is really really very bad. We could hear practically any sound by the corridor, and any sound made by our neighbour next door. We had problem sleeping when our neighbours came back around midnight and we could hear them talking and using the bathroom. Whatever spoken in the room, and the shuffling of feet can be heard very clearly just outside the door. We felt there was not much privacy.

Breakfast is a buffet with western and Vietnamese choices. Food quality of the western dishes were not good, we had pho for the rest of our stay. We like the coffee very much though.

The hotel is about 5-10 min walk to Ben Thanh market, however, you need to cross a big junction (roundabout) to reach it. If you are intimidated by the traffic, would suggest you choose a hotel that is on Ben Thanh market side.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business