“Nothin wrong with the food”
Review of Dieu's Cuisine - CLOSED

Dieu's Cuisine
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Shoes off and upstairs I went. Very clean and food is pretty good. Then 4 blokes walked in and demanded to smoke (I am a smoker) and they let me do whatever they wanted. They told me it was a non-smoking area

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This restaurant you will found in Saigon backpacker's area; opened just few months ago, Dieu the owner and the cook propose a simple food made with a lot of passion. When the waiter bring me the menu i choose a salad and a vegetarian dish with tofu; immediately she said: sorry salad is unavailable and tofu is finished!!!!!! Wowww excellent, this the classic in Vietnam,was thinking!
So, I ask to suggest me one appetizer, one salad and one soup, Bingooooo she do. I've had a simple salad with lettuce, shrimps and lotus seeds; chicken minced meat with spices rolled in a fresh leave and a great soup. Nothing special but sure Dieu do an alternative food, not the same standard you can found in this area. If you're walking there my suggestion is to entry and try........

Reviewed October 31, 2012

If you walk down the do quang dau road in the backpacker area of ho chi minh city, youll find a little oasis calld dieu's cuisine. There are some plants infront of the restaurant which make this place different to the others around.
By entering Dieu's cuisine, you'll have a view over the kitchen and can see how the food's prepared. You kind of feel like home, because the staff is friendly and warm and you need to take off your shoes. Isnt food much better without wearing shoes;)??
However.. The atmosphere and the delicious vietnamese food together makes Dieu's cuisine a different place to the other restaurants in hcmc i ate before and the price for its Quality is definetly worth.
I spent some days in hcmc and came back to eat in that restaurant many times and always tried different dishes. All of them were amazing! The grilled chicken and the caramelized beef shouldnt be missed.
Ill go back there to eat on my next travel to vietnam, for sure.

1  Thank Sevian
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was hesitant at first when my wife decided to have dinner here on our last night in Saigon. I did so much research here [in TripAdvisor] and other sites and I did not remember reading about this place. Apparently their Saigon branch is 2-months old, but their first and original (and more popular) branch is in Hanoi and it had been around for longer.

The design of the dining area is modern (more western than Asian). It was really refreshing and clean, making you forget that you are in the backpacker's area. I still was not so convinced after browsing through the menu, not because I disliked the offerings (since I fell in love at first bite of Vietnamese cuisine), but because I thought it was just another restaurant. So we ordered Green Vegetable Soup and Shrimp and Lotus Salad instead.

After the first bite of the salad, I immediately reached for the menu and decided to orded mains. Yes, it was that good. We then added Grilled Fish with Lemongrass and Chili, Tofu stuffed with Ground Pork, Cha MIa (Fried Pork/Shrimp Patties in Sugarcane), and some rice.

Everything we had were equally good! All the food were cooked upon ordering at the open kitchen by Dieu herself, along with her crew. And they did not dissapoint.

After the meal, I was fortunate to have a good conversation with Dieu and discovered how much she loved cooking. She even offered a free dessert (banana pancake) which was also amazing.

I highly recommend this place. Amidst the tourist-ey restaurants of the Saigon backpacker's area, Dieu's Cuisine offers a better alternative. Choices are mainly native Vietnamese, but isn't that what you should try in visiting Vietnam? Shame on you if you seek a burger or pizza while on vacation (although there may be good places to have these too in Saigon).

Tip: Take off your shoes. It's a requirement. And have a quick chat with Dieu if she's available. You will realize how much passion she has with the food that she offers.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Excellent restaurant and food, really hard to find a place like this in Saigon, with these prices and quality.
Dieu's cuisine have the quality of an expat restaurant but in the backpacker area with backpacker prices. We enjoy a very good vietnamese dinner in a western design restaurant, you can not imagine how nice is to see an open kitchen downstairs and the way they cook the food, and all this with an amazing price.
Not to be missed: auberginess stuffed with minced pork and banana pankake!!