“Great food and service”
Review of Lucca - CLOSED

Lucca
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Singapore, Singapore
“Great food and service”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had a great evening at this restaurant which we found by a coincidence. The entrance does not make a big impression but upstairs gives you a totally different experience. A bit dark interior but nice and welcoming. The service was excellent and the food was very good, their Italian dishes are definitely worth trying. One also get a good selection of wines for a good price.

• Visited March 2013

UK
“Fantastic breakfast”
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Happened upon this place for brunch - great coffee and eggs benedict to die for. Pricey but worth it.
Only criticism would be that the menu was not updated with latest prices - we were charged more than the menu prices, because it "needs updating". Best practice would be to charge the new price only when the menu was updated! Hmm...

SouthEast Asia
“Quiet, relaxing place with great food”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

After hearing several mixed reviews from friends about Lucca, I decided to check it out for myself. The place looks fantastic. Dark wood, low lighting, lots of tables, great looking bar- it's really lovely.

My friend had the Tuscan Burger which was delicious, and I ordered the roasted Chicken. It was delicious and served with mushrooms and roasted potatoes. I will say, the presentation on the plate looked a little bland. They should've added a little garnish or salad in there... but, it was good- the chicken was especially done very well.

. The menu selection isn't huge. There are a few pastas, smaller selection of meat dishes, small dessert menu... however, I actually like this- as I know what they serve is probably really good. Dinner for two with wine came to about 1 million ($50), each main started at around 250.000VND

We went on a wednesday night, so we were 1 of about 3 diners- so it was pretty quiet... however, I'm sure on a friday/saturday the atmosphere is much livelier-

Had a nice time and I would recommend it to my friends.

Gray, Maine
“Nice menu, good venue”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I don't quite see this restaurant as magical, particularly given the outstanding competition in this market segment. The menu is very good to excelleny, nice "off the beaten pallette" offerings. Good wine lisit both by the glass and bottle, ranging from the affordable to extravagant. The restaurant is very nicely decorated, a bit cavernous upstairs, but that's OK. Cozy downstairs. Music is old rock which seems a bit incongrous with the setting but certainly not awful by any measure. A bit too loud though, turn it down just a tick so that it does not become the focus of attention. The food. Very good. I had the caponata Siziliana which was a taste bud wake up call, which I very much appreciate. Followed that up with a pretty huge offering of cavatelli. Being a pasta peasant I had no idea what was heading my way. It was excellent but that particular pasta is not for me. A lovely glass of Sangiovese and small bottle of San Pelligrino served with a slice of lemon (very nice touch). Service was perfect, but it was a very slow night so I would like to go back when it's busy to see how they fare. My guess is the staff has been very well trained. Not sure if the owner was in the casa or not, nobody ever came to the table to ask how things were, so I'm going to mark it down a notch for being a bit cold and stiff, one thing a trattoria should never be is still and cold, quite the opposite. Prices are very reasonable. So all in all, I'd like to dig a little deeper into the menu over time, which means I will be adding Lucca to the current Italian food rota of Ciao Bella and Trattoria del Buon Vino.

Phnom Penh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful night, world class restaurant”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Took my son to Lucca and loved it. The food was excellent--we had clams, pizza, sea bass, panna cotta--without exception. The service was super--attentive but not ever-present. And the dining room is beautiful. Lots of attention to detail. We'd have gone back the next day but were leaving town.

1 Thank jasonPhnomPenh