“Lovely lovely staff- nicest encountered in Vietnam!”
Review of Dinh Phat Hotel

Dinh Phat Hotel
Ranked #177 of 453 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely lovely staff- nicest encountered in Vietnam!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I arrived to the hotel after a very long flight and late at night absolutely exhausted. The hotel staff were touchingly welcoming taking my bag up to the room and checking me in quickly, demonstrating outstanding service. They offered advise on where to get some food with it being late and the security man showed me to the shop. The receptionist said that I looked very tired and should go get some good sleep!

The room was very quiet and had plenty of amenities- kettle, tea/coffee, hot powerful shower, air con, soft towels and a comfortable bed. There was a window in the room but it looked out into an inner section of the building- quite common I think in HCMC.

Location wise it is around a 5 minute walk to Ben Thanh market and 5 minutes away from the very busy backpacker area, the street itself is quiet.

As mentioned previously, the staff hospitality was absolutely fantastic and truly made the hotel stand out. Another example; when leaving they ordered a taxi for me ensuring I got a good price to the airport, the doorman carried out my bags for me opening the taxi door to let me in- I felt very spoilt. As it happens I had forgotten my passport and he came running down the street to stop the taxi with it!

I think perhaps you could get a cheaper room in the heart of the backpacking area, however this hotel is still excellent value and I would return here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked a Deluxe Quadruple room for two nights and stayed one more night, because we realy enjoyed it. We've had a warm welcome and the staff was always helpfull and friendly.
The room was clean and quiet. The location was perfect to discover the city.
The service which the hotel deliveres is like in a upper class hotel. We would realy recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ma H
Fremont, California, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My family and I stayed here for about two weeks.

The staff here is truly phenomenal. Every single person (Doorman, housekeeping, reception, waiter) we interacted with had a genuine smile on their face.. The staff remembered us and greeted us whenever we went down to the front desk.

They went above and beyond in their service and accommodated all of our requests. We stayed at Dinh Phat for our two week trip, but left Ho Chi Minh several times to travel to and stay in another parts of Vietnam. On every travel occasion, Dinh Phat kept our excess luggage safe for us until we returned. We asked the kitchen to cut coconuts almost everyday and they gladly did so free of charge, even putting them on a tray and giving us straws. We stayed at another hotel in Nha Trang, Vietnam for several days where they charged us money to have them cut it for us. We had a last-minute request to have our laundry done...and the housekeeping team was able to do our laundry quickly and thoroughly, getting rid of all the stains. We also had a lot of questions about tourism and Dinh Phat answered all of them and gave us a lot of good advice.

We had a lot of visitors coming in and out of our room and the reception desk 1) called our room to verify that we were expecting visitors and 2) remembered our visitors so they had no trouble coming into our room and 3) treated our visitors like they were guests of the hotel.

The breakfast selection is great, though you are only limited to one breakfast dish a day. My daughter said out of all the pho restaurants we went to in Vietnam, Dinh Phat had the best pho. We all agreed. Who knew...Dinh Phat's pho would be the best pho we had on our trip!

We stayed in a family suite. The room itself is clean and modern but a little small for family suite. Beds are comfy! One thing to note: there was no shower stall in the family suite bathroom. We are from the U.S. so we are used to having shower stalls. But here, it was a jacuzzi tub with a shower head attachment. Nothing really to complain about because we were still about to use the shower head attachment (and the jacuzzi was a nice touch!), but just know that the bathrooms in the family suite only have tubs, not shower stalls.

Also, most of the staff speak some English and several of them actually speak English quite well, which is a plus.

Overall, an excellent, enjoyable stay. I highly recommend Dinh Phat. When my family and I travel to Vietnam again, Dinh Phat will be our go-to hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AdamLiu
MANILA
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I booked Dinh Phat Hotel through www.booking.com and I was so apprehensive at first since there are no reviews yet and it is a new hotel (they opened in June 2012, according to their ads outside). A few weeks before our travel date, I finally read some reviews from booking.com from several people. All their reviews were good and high. And I booked our room (Quadruple Room).

The road where DPH is located is Calmette St., it is a wide road with 2-way traffic. No trouble for taxis finding it and for taxis going there to and fro, unlike in some hotels in HCM that are located in alleys. We arrived at around 0130H and the bellboy on duty immediately hopped up and assisted us in carting our luggage towards several steps to the reception area. Check-in was without hassle and although they wanted to retain our passports for the duration of our stay, I instead gave them a colored print out of the scanned copies of our passports (I already read from several posts that hotels in HCM collect passports as a type of insurance. I didn't want this since I fear that something may happen with our passports!). They have also pre-verified the credit card that I used in booking.com.

There is a new elevator that handled us pretty fine (4 of us + bellboy + 4 trolleys) and whisked us away to the 6th Floor. We got Room 602. The room door does not have an electronic key system. But that's okay since there's an additional lock and the door is automatically locked from the outside. You can only come in using the key they issued.

HOTEL ROOM: Well, the room is just like as described in the information in booking.com. 2 double beds, with a closet with hangers (generous space inside the closet), a wall-mounted LCD cable TV, a table, sitting area, bedside table with phone, small fridge, & a window overlooking the main rotunda in District 1. We can see BITEXCO (HCM's tallest building) and Ben Thanh Market right from our room window.

BATHROOM: The bathroom has adequate space that has a bathtub/shower area, dresser and toilet with bidet. Toiletries provided include: toothbrush & toothpaste, shower caps, shampoo, shower gel, hair comb, cotton buds, hard soap, tissues & towels, of course. Hot water is generously provided and shower's got a good pressure. The room and bathroom were clean and kept clean during our stay.

LOCATION OF THE HOTEL: The hotel is a 5-minute walk to Ben Thanh Market. Although we also walked towards Diamond Plaza, Saigon Plaza, Saigon Tax Center, Parkson's. Of course, with a bit of stops here and there. There is also a Kichi-Kichi restaurant very close to the hotel. This resto showcases a "rotary" system of food serving (like Sakae Sushi). Despite its closeness to a rotunda, the hotel is in a quieter part of the city, hence, you can get a good night's sleep. It was the rainy season when we visited HCM and after heavy rain, the nearby river tends to overflow and there is some flooding along Calmette Street. But it recedes quite quickly, so, no matter!

STAFF'S SERVICE: I think DPH's Management has made it a point to have a staff at the reception who has an acceptable command of the English language. When we arrived, there is a guy who speaks good English. During lunch of our first day, when I gave a very detailed instruction asking them to help us hire a taxi to take us around the city, the lady also spoke English and she did not have a problem understanding me. Just some samples of the extraordinary services that the hotel provided for us:

Extra Pillows --- done!
Extra Towels at 9:00pm --- done!
Extra Water at 9:00am --- done!
Calling Vinasun taxis for us --- done!
Contracting a Vinasun taxi to take us to specific places in the city + fixed price --- done!
Money Exchange (with quite competitive rates too!) --- done!
Massage inside Hotel Room (at late hour, late notice) --- done!
Confirming with us if the massage rate we paid was the pre-agreed price --- done!
No items missing in our hotel room (surrender key when going out) --- done!
Super friendly + helpful + caring staff --- done!
Lending us their weighing scale for our luggage (super useful for shoppers) --- done!
Map with City Attractions (it's provided inside the room and you can take it out with you) --- done!

All in all, I would definitely come back to this hotel or recommend this hotel to my friends! Thank you, Dinh Phat Hotel, for making our stay in HCM very good!

Room Tip: Not all of their rooms have a view. I think it's the bigger ones that have the windows with vie...