“Perfect, Clean and Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kim 2 Hotel

Kim 2 Hotel
Ranked #48 of 835 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Perfect, Clean and Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

For the price we paid. It was worth it. Stayed on the 2nd floor (walk up). Clean, perfect space for 2 person - TV (cable TV), fridge, aircon, fan, towels, toileteries USD15 for two person. Its safe and the guy is friendly. I would definitely stay there again. Its located on a busy street with good restaurants (try the corner side local noodle place, opposite the traffic lights).
The guy at the reception reminded us to be careful with our handbags and to stay safe. I think that is a sensible advise as we are in asia and these kind of crime is common but that should not dampen your visit to beautiful saigon. We walked all over the city...stunning!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nur2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I booked another hotel in Agoda before arrived in Ho Chi Minh city. But then found out my hotel didn't meet my expectation and didn't worth the price. Fortunately I only booked for one night. So the next night I find better hotel with better rate. I found Kim 2. Being greeted by the receptionist and staff. They're nice, I only find 4 staff and 3 of them are men.
For the rate $15 per night, I got spacious room with windows, good bathroom with complete amenities, television, A/C, mini bar with reasonable price. And the room is super clean, I can guarantee. They clean my room each day.
The hotel location also very close to the hype. You'll find many place to eat, especially the street food. There's also a bar, but you won't be bothered by the noise.
They also offers travel package around the city and you might negotiate the price with the staffs, because that's what I did! :D

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ancaster, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our first impression of Kim 2 was great. We were greeted with water and a plate of sliced watermelon. The rooms were clean, safe, and nice. The beds were rock hard though. The area we were in was very unsafe though. As we were walking into a restaurant at 2pm with my purse on my body AND held in front of me in my hands, two men on a motorcycle drove by and ripped the purse out of my hands and off my body. That was not the hotels fault of course. But the reaction the staff had when i came back bruised and shaken was so uncompassionate. He couldn't have cared less about what happened and tol me it was my fault and i should have been more careful. Then when he realized the hotel key had been stolen he all of the sudden cared and kept repeating "oh you lose key? Ten dolla". His English was also very poor and he did not understand how to help me make some emergency phone calls to my bank to cancel my cards. Even without the language barrier, he wasn't interested in helping me at all. Overall the hotel itself was decent, the customer service was poor, and the area was unsafe. I wouldn't go back, that's for sure!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank AsiaBean
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Moved from another hotel as Kim 2 was a few dollars cheaper but seemed nicer.

Rooms are spacious and exceptionally clean. Linen, floors, towels etc. were the cleanest we've seen so far in our travels.

Bathroom is a great size and the shower is actually separated from the toilet by a curtain- rather than the usual SE Asian shower box ontop of the toilet.

Friendly service, and rooms are quiet despite being in the middle of the backpackers district.

There are a few stairs to climb (especially if you're on the fourth floor) but just consider it as exercise to work off that pho & pork bun!

Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on three separate occasions during our travels around Vietnam. Good price for a clean and tidy room with a nice walk in shower. Rooms are on the smaller side, but staff are very friendly and make you feel at home.

Room Tip: We suggest paying extra 2 dollars and avoid room no 9 which is the smallest in the hotel. Rooms on t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Since our flight from Manila arrived in Ho Chi Minh at 1am, we're able to avail their US$12 pickup service at the airport just to be safe, because we're pretty much aware that just like any other cities in the world, there might be bad guys lurking & waiting for us.

Upon arrival at the hotel, I'm quite bemused that the entrance of the hotel is already closed & the receptionist had just waken up to accommodate us & give us the best tasting, cold watermelon slice as a welcome to us (it turns out that they usually close their doors at 12mn, but you may still go out even after they've closed the main entrance. You just have to doorbell your way to get in to get their attention). And because we're too exhausted with our flight & pretty much hungry, the watermelon is gone in just a couple of minutes! :)

After the usual check-in procedures at the reception area, we were fetched to our room at the 3rd floor (I'm not quite sure if it's the 3rd floor. It's just above the terrace), we were blown away by the neatness & big space of the room. We had a great view of the street below in front of us. The toilet & bath is excellent! The room also has a mini refrigerator to make your drinks cold. That's a great value for a US$17, 1st class room in this part of Pham Ngu Lao.

In addition, the receptionist is really kind & helpful, considering he is really having a hard time pronouncing some English words (I forgot his name though.. my bad). He's the first person (out of the many Vietnamese) in Saigon to remind us to take good care of our belongings, by instructing us to always place & tuck our bags in front of us, because there are so many snatchers/pickpockets (maybe in motorcycles) who might snag your valuables away.

Overall, our experience Ho Chi Minh City is very memorable & definitely worth it, even if we only stayed for 1 day & 2 nights only. We'll definitely come back again! :)

Room Tip: Go book the 1st class room fronting the street below. It definitely is worth the money, although the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hoi An, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The setting for Kim 2 is just off the main backpacker street in District 1, and on arrival we had a fantastic welcome from the guy on reception who instantly went into a brief tour of the area with a map setting out where we can eat and drink and sights to see around the city, he informed of us trips but never pressured us into anything. With the vast array of hotels in the area the best way to get good reviews is having someone like him on reception. The room is clean, modern and probably one of the best rooms we have stayed in since we have been in Vietnam. The area is vibrant, bustling and full of really cheap but very very tasty food. Walking to the other parts of the city is easy (apart from the mopeds) and tours onwards to other destinations can be easily arranged from any of the vast amount of agents in the area. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple