I have stayed In this rather new hotel for 2 nights from 10 to 12 December 2012.
1. The hotel is very near the airport.
2. It's surrounding is very peaceful and safe.
3. The room is small but very clean.
4. The bed is very comfortable.
5. The staff are extremely polite and helpful - always wearing great smile; all speak good English!
6. The breakfast was limited but it was great taste - I had the Vietnamese Pho for 2 days!
7. The design of the hotel building is very unique and cosy.
1. It does not have shopping areas around the street - may be I am not familiar as yet.
2. The toilet sliding frosted glass door and panel not suitable to younger kid/s with parents.
3. My room is totally lack of any views as the window cannot be opened at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Alcove Library Hotel, an unrivaled boutique hotel experience in the centre of Ho Chi Minh City. We opened our doors in July 2012 and are located just off Nguyen van Troi street, the main avenue connecting the Tan Son Nhat International Airport to the city centre. This prime location offers great convenience to our guests, as the airport and the city are usually only 10 to 15 minutes away by taxi, depending on traffic conditions. Nestled in a charming and quiet neighbourhood street, The Alcove Library Hotel also offers respite from the hustle and bustle of the city, and yet represents a perfect base from which to explore the excitement of Saigon.In keeping with our name, The Alcove Library Hotel offers a sanctuary of deluxe accommodations, architectural elegance and timeless style. Our rooms feature supremely comfortable beds and pillows, over 70 channels on flat screen TVs, and a range of amenities designed to cater to the needs of discerning and savvy travelers.Our hotel is meant to be enjoyed, experienced and rediscovered with each visit. We have an extensive library that offers a wide variety of fiction and non-fiction books for guests to borrow during their stay with us. High-speed wireless Internet connectivity is also available free-of-charge in guestrooms and throughout public areas. Our concierge service can also help tailor a personal itinerary, offering recommendations on places to visit. Our restaurant on our fifth floor, the Roadhouse Saigon, aims to offer the best burgers and contemporary fare in town. Guests can eat in air-conditioned comfort or enjoy the outdoor terrace overlooking neighboring rooftops. At The Alcove, a new level of hospitality in Saigon awaits you, where smiles abound, the service is gracious, your needs are anticipated, and your comfort is our top priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Alcove Library Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.