“Excellent Hospitality”

Ranked #116 of 453 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Phnom Pen, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
“Excellent Hospitality”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at Ibis Saigon South Hotel whilst visiting FV Hospital for health reasons and it was close to the Hospital. I must say that on arrival, and when the staff learned my reasons, I was treated with so much caring and professional courtesy. In fact the staff from Front Desk to Restaurant were so caring, courteous and professional I was made to feel very welcome and supported. I must mention the young Lady at the desk (Assistant to the Manager) was exceptional in her attitude and professionalism. The room was very comfortable and clean. Whilst I was there the Courtesy vehicle was made available to take me to the Hospital and return over 4 days. This was again another nice touch and the driver was very helpful. Overall a very pleasant stay and I will return. Thank you Ibis Saigon Hotel.

Room Tip: My room was very comfortable and I did pay budget price.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Eric M K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed May 28, 2013

All staffs are very helpful.
I can feel that they serve straight from heart. As it is my first time visiting Vietnam. That's the good start for my trip. I arrived hotel very late. The staff recommend me a good place to eat French food.
They also provide flexible shuttle bus. Although they have fix schedule, if there are less ppl taking it. The staff can reschedule for u in your convenient way.
Good location. Big department store-parkson and crescent mall near hotel. You can enjoy spa and shopping there.
All in all, I really recommend all of you staying this hotel as the price is worth for it.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Busyying
Tchang_LEE_ISS, General Manager at Ibis Saigon South Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear valued customer,

Greetings from ibis Saigon South!

We are so pleased to see your kind comments on our service.
All of our staffs try to do our best to meet the expectation for every single customer.
We know that our team is still young and imnproving our skills.
However as you mentioned, our team takes care of our customer with heart.

Tchang Young Lee
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Ibis Saigon South is a new and modern hotel in the South of the city - close to the ex-pat district. It is typical of an IBIS hotel, but my room was comfortable and very quiet despite there being busy roads around the location. The staff are friendly and helpful, but the level of English understood is not that good. I thought the breakfast was excellent - above my usual experience from IBIS with a good mix of asian and western cuisine. There is a shuttle bus that runs to the CBD and they did a special run for my group to the RMIT university.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Sue R
Tchang_LEE_ISS, General Manager at Ibis Saigon South Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Saigon South. It is always a pleasure to receive the feedback from our customer.

We noticed well your comment about our staffs' English skill to improve. As certain staffs are newly joined in our hotel, we must train them for their English skills for their efficient communication and we are teaching them English expressions to use in the hotel industry with proper manual. I hope we can improve our English skill better soonest for the smooth communication.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be better than the previous one.

Tchang Young Lee
Toogoom, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We found this an excellent hotel to stay for a week. A shuttle was provided daily to get to the CBD but the area was nice and quiet to come back to in the evening. The rooms were spacious and well cleaned. Service in the eatery for breakfast was excellent. the Manager and staff were extremely helpfull with any enquiries

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

7 Thank Zahra D
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Dare I say the best Ibis Hotel I've ever stayed? I've been to most in Europe but this one gives the Ibis name a good rep. Upping the ante. For such a reasonable price per stay, you get so much value! The staff , both reception and restaurant, are friendly and very helpful. The food was great (oh the croissants are heaven!)
Room is clean, modern and basic.
Sure, it's far from the city, but why crave for the chaos when you have everything you need within reach such a malls, the SECC, restaurants. Taxis are somewhat cheap (except when they take the "scenic" route. Meaning, they go around in circles to add some dollars in the meter)

• Stayed April 2013
6 Thank Bambi_Sia
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Enjoyed my stay in the hotel. Came for a business visit to Ho Chi Min for 5 days and enjoyed a peaceful sleep everytime I fell on the bed. Breakfast was very good and the restaurant was very kind to make me a dinner specially for me when I came at 10:45PM (with the restaurant closes by 10PM). Very very sweet & customer centric service I enjoyed at this place. Though lil far from Dictrict 1, they provided free shuttle service on-time for my business conferences...
Loved the stay.. Will look for Ibis (Accor) hotel wherever I travel henceforth..
Thanks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank EmersonSamuel
Tchang_LEE_ISS, General Manager at Ibis Saigon South Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Saigon South. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Especially we have been also so pleased to welcome you in our hotel. All of our staffs be reminded again how it is important to listen carefully to the demand of our client and to react in an efficient way. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Lee Tchang Young
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Pros: Helpfull staff, Early checkin was possible, we can checkin at 8:30 am. Clean room which looks like a standard european Ibis room. Free wifi, tea and coffee in the room. There is a big mall within 5 minutes walking distance.
Cons: Far from the city centre BUT there is a free shuttle bus service to the centre. Locked windows like in other hotels in the region.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends