“Brilliant stay”

Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
Ranked #36 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
“Brilliant stay”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

5 nights in Ho Chi Minh was made even better by staying at the Novotel. the location is awesome as it is not right in the middle of the city so you are away from the hustle and bustle but are still in walking distance. Some of the best places to eat are in district 3! Hotel staff were great and very accommodating. We stayed in an upgraded room on the higher floors and I would definitely recommend this as it is not too much more expensive.

The concierge were always happy to help with reservations and transport.

The only gripe I have is how cold the pool was, but I only spent time there while waiting for my partner while she was at the spa (which I have been told was great) so it didn't affect me too much.

I would stay here again!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear TracellerAdelaide,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Saigon Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

H7965-gm@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Traveled as a couple, stayed 3 nights. Overall we enjoyed this hotel.

Room was clean, relatively spacious and quiet at night, the hotel seems very new. Good showers, coffee machine in the room, higher floors have a nice view. Staff is helpful and speak English.

Excellent breakfast buffet, best I had in Vietnam. Only the coffee served is watery, but you'll find that all over Vietnam.

Location is ok - a few minutes walk from district 1, with some mildly interesting tourist attractions. There's some local restaurants in the neighborhood as well and the war remnant museum is close by.

The nightlife area most tourists go to is a bit further off, a 20-30 minutes walk or so. Could be more if traffic is busy since you'll be waiting for scooters a lot. You might want to take a taxi. We stayed at the Pullman a few weeks later and found this is much better situated for that area.

There's a bar with a nice view on the top floor. It's a bit overpriced but worth visiting never the less.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear BennyLD,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon at Novotel Saigon Centre.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 8, 2014

One of my memorable stays in a hotel. I was there for a day. The room is spacious with good view to Saigon center. Breakfast is exceptional with wide variety of choices. The privacy glass was an impressive feature in bath cubicle. The hotel is reasonably priced and a good value for money!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RavichandraSadhu,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Cheers,
SA
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My son and I stayed at the Novotel located in Saigon. We stayed twice during our trip. Our first night was a stop over and we were upgraded to an executive suite. Thank You Novotel for providing such a high standard of service and hospitality! Breakfast was laid out with abundance of choices and very very tasty and fresh.
Keep up the Great Work!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear cindybSA,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am looking forward to welcoming you back personally at Novotel Saigon Centre.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a good city hotel. We stayed en route to danang beach and arrived late. Check in was good. And although the first room we looked at was a little smelly, we were quickly offered another room which was fine. We went for a walk in the late evening looking for eateries, and when we found most restaurants were closed we opted for room service. The food was exceptional and was of very good restaurant quality. The breakfast was exceptionally good and I notice air france use this hotel for their crew and they all seemed happy to....if you can please the french, you must be doing alright! ;)
There was a very good selection of foods.
There were many taxis always outside so it made the process of getting there and away very seamless. Well done.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karl M
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Karl M,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our restaurant and room services.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cheers,
Shanghai, China
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel was just right for our stay in Ho Chi Minh City. It is within easy walking distance of the centre, and is in a nice bustling area in its own right.

We had an executive suite, as it worked out cheaper than two normal rooms for us (2 adults 2 kids) and it gave us the advantage of access to the executive lounge (free beers and cakes etc - kids thought they had hit the jackpot!), plus a good view. The only downside was that although the booking was for a family of 4, you actually only get a double bed and a single folding bed, but the double was big enough for our smallest to climb in with us. Suite isn't huge but has a nice layout and feels recently built (ie good finishes).

Breakfasts were great, we had one evening room service in the room, very reasonably priced for a hotel chain. Staff friendly. As other reviewers may have said, the semi-outdoor swimming pool never gets enough sun to heat up, so unusable, at least in Winter when we were there. But then you don't visit Saigon for the swimming pools!

By the way, if you do stay, go to the Mekong River - great!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim R
Dear Tim R,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest during your last visit to Novotel Saigon Centre, we trust that you had a safe and pleasant trip home.

I am happy to read that your enjoyed your last stay with us and our services were met your expectation.

If you have a chance to come back to Vietnam, please let us serve your again at Novotel Saigon Centre.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was a solo traveler when I stayed at the Novotel Saigon and my main concern over all was my security because it was going to be my first time to check into a hotel alone. I was thankful that their security was really good and that I survived. I liked that my room was really clean and spotless. I didn’t have an issue with the service because they assisted me efficiently. I knew I was getting my money’s worth when they recommended me to be moved to a better room when a hotel guest canceled on the last minute. I didn’t though but I was thankful that they even asked. The food buffet was my most favorite.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JuneJenie,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed it.
Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our staff and this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we continuously strive to improve our services.

If you have a chance to come back to Saigon, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can assist with.