“PERFECT STAY” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Ruthin, United Kingdom
“PERFECT STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We arrived at Novotel on sunday 10th November and we are due to leave 14th November. After a very stressful start to our trip as we lost both of our passports the staff couldnt have been more helpful. The bellboy & conciegence guys phoned the airports lost and found for us and printed off all the documentation for the british consulate so we could apply for emergency travel documents. The next morning the manager Jan Kroeckel phoned the taxi company after locating the taxi we used on the hotels CCTV, he organised a member of staff a lovely receptionist called Nha to take us to the police station as we had to report our passports as lost, she translated everything and was so helpful! She also escorted us to the british consulate, as we arrived, she recieved a phone call and informed us our passports had been located and the same taxi driver was bringing them to the hotel, to our delight!! I can honestly say that all the staff members and the taxi driver who helped us made our honeymoon one to remember! In a city of 10,000,000 what are the odds of getting your passports back!!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the rooms are spacious, modern and clean. The. Breakfast has a fantastic selection and the waiters are great. The hotel is also in a great location and within walking distance from all the main attractions. The Top Bar is also not to be missed very cool and the drinks a reasonable price too.

All in all a fantastic stay with fantastic staff...JUST PERFECT.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emma P
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Emma P,

Thank you very much for taking some of your time and sharing your recent experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am absolutely thrilled to read that you had a great stay with us and that we were able to locate the passports for you. Thank you for mentioning Nha and Jan and I will share your comments with them and I am sure this will serve as an encouragement not only to them but to all of us as we always strive to provide a superior customer experience.

I hope both of you will enjoy your rest of the honeymoon and if I ever can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to let me know. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Novotel Saigon Centre again.

Lionel.Moinard@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Novotel Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) city is well placed to enable many sight seeing locations to be visited on foot including one of the main markets which is a real bonus. The hotel itself has great facilities with a nice casual bar on the ground floor with an internet area, free wifi, good pool area with bar, gym and spa and restaurant which provides an excellent range of options for breakfast. The rooms are well laid out and comfortable and the staff are very welcoming (a Vietnamese trait) and helpful at all times. There are many restaurants in easy walking distance at great prices as well as the little street stalls offering food for the more adventurous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RiflemanWellington,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for choosing to stay with us for your holiday in Saigon.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you got to enjoy all of our facilities. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your review with the team and I know everybody will be pleased to hear about it.

If you have a chance to come back again, don’t forget to check out our rooftop bar, located on the 20th floor with stunning views on Saigon skyline.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon. If I ever can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Decided to go a little "higher end" compared w/ my usual accommodations and stay in the Novotel for my first trip to Ho Chih Minh City. Its a stone's throw from District 1, but officially in District three. It is close enough to all the major sights that one might want to see in HCMC. The famous coffee chain is across the street, and street food vendors are always close.
The breakfast buffet was excellent with a variety of choices - includes egg station and pho station.
The staff very helpful and accommodating. Being a platinum member w/ the hotel chain, I was upgraded to a lounge floor (which is open from 6am to 10pm) on check-in.
Had slight hiccup at the beginning of my stay, but that was duly corrected, and i got a personal message from the hotel manager offering up an apology. I was very impressed with their service. I stayed in room 1904, which had one of the most amazing views of HCMC. A really great room. A special thank you to Mr. Hung (front desk) who accommodated a late check out after i told him about a late flight i had that day. I was very happy with my stay here. I strongly recommend a high floor (if possible) to take in the stellar views of the city.
Pool was great and the in-house spa was reasonably priced as well. Overall, extremely satisfied with my stay here. Oh, I also like the cappuccino machine in the room! great start to the morning.

Room Tip: A room higher up is better.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear RC_Vancouver_Canada,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you for taking some of your time and sharing your recent experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I also would like to thank you for mentioning Mr. Hung and I will personally pass on your thanks to him. I am sure this will serve as an encouragement not only to him but to all of us as we always strive to further improve our services.

If you have the opportunity the come back again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Having visited Ho Chi Minh on 11 ocassions and having stayed at various hotels such as the Sofitel, Magestic and the Chancery, this hotel is absolutely the best.
The management and staff have to be complimented on their assistance, friendliness and ethics and truly deserve the best accolades that that can be directed to them.
The hotel itself is first class with the rooms spacious, clean and truly comfortable.
Dining facilities were a true delight and the roof top bar on the 20th. floor was just unbelievable with the views over the city and to just be able to sit back and relax and enjoy the views and have a nice cold drink made the whole experience of exploring your wonderful city a delight.
So much more to say but have used up my 200 character mimimum unfortunately.

Room Tip: There are no tips to offer anyone in such a first class hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Brian P,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for staying with us.

I am absolutely delighted to read your review of your recent experience at Novotel. Please rest assured that I have already shared your review with the team and I know that everybody was as pleased as I was to read about it. We have also posted it on our Facebook page. Just search for Novotel Saigon Centre and you will find us.

Thank you again and if I ever can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again at Novotel Saigon Centre.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is well located. The rooms are spacious and well furnished. The pool is a nice cool retreat with prompt service for drinks and meals. The hotel is a welcome oasis after the busy streets of Ho Chi Minh and the warm welcome as the young man opened the doors for us with a big smile refreshed us instantly. The ice cold beer was a good follow up.
Meals were well priced and the breakfast excellent. This hotel is a good base to explore the city and the staff were very helpful in suggesting places to see that were off the normal tourist agenda adding a great deal to our holiday

Room Tip: They are all good but the higher floors provide the best views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear chookPerthWA,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to share your experience at Novotel Saigon Centre. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your review has already been shared with all employees and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we always strive to improve our services even further.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Novotel Saigon Centre