“Excellent”

Ranked #35 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Chennai (Madras), India
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in October 2013. Excellent hotel... Looks brand new... Very good location.... Can walk to many of the central locations and shopping area. Breakfast was really good and good gym and swimming pool tooo

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Slim777
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Slim777,

Thank you very much for taking some of your valuable time and sharing your recent experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed we only opened in June last year and we are all dedicated to keep the hotel’s look at its best.

I will also share your review with the team and I am sure this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we always strive to further improve our services.

Thank you again and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Novotel Saigon Centre again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance.

Lionel.Moinard@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We loved staying here. The most comfortable beds we've ever slept on for a hotel - simply perfect. Bathrooms are fantastic - the choice of rainhead and normal shower was a treat. Rooms are clean, comfortable, well laid out and wifi access and breakfast is excellent - some of the best I've had in a hotel.

Location is also fantastic. Short walk to the centre of the city, but the local restaurants and bars are fantastic and much better value than the many you find in the city centre.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear fabb1234,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review.

I am thrilled to read that you had a great time with us and especially that you have been able to get a good night’s rest with us. I also would like to thank you for your great comments about our breakfast and I will make sure to pass them on to our kitchen team and I am sure they will be pleased to hear about it.

I do hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I ever can be of any assistance to you.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a proper hotel, what you expect from a large chain. The room are very nice, not over the top but very nice without any flaws! The pool is nice along with the gym. The only draw back with the pool is that it's indoors so if you need vitamin D3 you will need supplements for that! What really sets this place apart from other equally nice 4 star hotels in Saigon is the real and high quality western food. I'm in the lobby bar now and just amazed with my mojito! Perfect and very strong! Love it!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Dylan R,

Thank you very much for taking some of your time and sharing your recent experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am absolutely delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your feedback with the team, especially the bar staff at the lobby, and I am sure this will serve as an encouragement to all of us.

Hoefully next time, you have chance to enjoy a Mojito at our newly opened rooftop bar, onTop Bar, on the 20th floor. I highly recommend our Vietnamese Mojito, version of classic Mojito, with ginger and a hint of chili. Perfect to unwind after a busy day in the city…

Thank you again and if I can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to let me know. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Novotel Saigon Centre again.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This location is initially Liberty Hotel, and the Novotel brand gave it all a fresher, better look. Other than what recommended by other guests, few of my feedback are:

Very good things noted:
- Very impressive welcome set of seasonal fruits with a welcome note from the hotel manager, yet to say a couple of sweet home made chocolate (when I say impressive, I mean it is far better than the small welcome dish of fruits I normally see in other hotel). A very good gesture. I made a picture of it but could not upload, pity.
- Room is nicely decored, I love the nice color pictures in the room, which gives a soft, nice, fresh feeling.
- Swimming area is nice and not crowed
- Top floor with a nice coctail at night is definitely something I recommend
- Sweet corner is great

Things to improved:
- When I first walked into the room, the carpet seems to smell strong, the hotel could do something to get rid of that smell
- In my room I was unable to turn off the power as it should be, as the power plug for card insert already has two cards there in a way that tells "don't touch". I am a green person so feel guilty locking the room without turn off the power
- There is still a slight, but clearly bisible, difference between serving local guests and foreign guests, especially a male slim staff in the restaurant, without this point, no doubt the hotel at a 4.5 star rate :(

Room Tip: Choose the room at the corner for more space and natural light
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear lthyen75,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I also would like to thank you for your constructive feedback as it is through feedback such as yours that allows us to review our services on offer and to make improvements.

I am just a little surprised to read that you were unable to turn off the power in your room. We always try to be mindful of our impact on mother earth and encourage guests to be the same. I would appreciate if you could contact me at below email with some further details, e.g. which room you stayed in as well as your experience in the restaurant, so that I can follow up appropriately.

I am glad that you enjoyed your welcome in the room as well as our rooftop bar. We do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you again soon and please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went to this hotel with wife and 9 month old daughter and got pleasantly surprise with this hotel. The rooms are very modern and clean. The breakfast buffet is fantastic with a wide range of vietnamiese and western option.

The location is fantastic, a short walk from main attractions such as War Museum, Notredame Cathedral, Former Presidential Palace, among others. Also it has a supermarket within 5 minute walk where you can find essentials if travelling with baby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear elaresa,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review and for staying with us.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your holiday in Saigon with us. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your feedback with the team and I am sure this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we always strive to further improve upon our services.

If you have the chance to come back again, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Novotel Saigon Centre and if I can ever be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed 5 nights at the Novotel Saigon. Rooms were clean, comfortable and all staff were very friendly and helpful. Service was excellent and great variety of food on the breakfast and lunch menus and enjoyed a cold beer after a long day touring the city. Certainly recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Troy61,

I am glad that you had a pleasant stay with us; it makes me especially proud to read that you found all of our staff to be friendly and helpful as they are our most important asset. I will make sure to share this feedback with them and I know they will be pleased to hear about it.

I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.