“First but not the last visit”

Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
Ranked #35 of 465 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very positive experience staying Novotel Saigon. Smiling creating at entrance was a good start. Check in was quick and any questions as a first timer in the hotel I had where addressed accurately and with some extra suggestions to make my stay even more enjoyable.

Hotel is at small, but busy road. On peak hour it is congested but because of slow speed traffic road noise did not bothered at all.

I was left with the impression that hotel is very well managed. Everything was in good order, staff friendly and prompt. Quality of sleep must be mentioned. This hotel has nice mattresses. Firm and with pile of billows I slept deep good sleep out of this world.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Sakalio,

Thank you very much for your review and for staying with us.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am especially proud to read that you found all of our staff to be friendly as they are the ones that make our hotel what it is.

I am glad you also managed to get a good night sleep. Indeed all of our windows are double-glazed to ensure that no traffic noise can be heard in the rooms.

Thank you again and if I ever can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again at Novotel Saigon Centre.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had a fairly long stay here at the Novotel Saigon. Things started well despite a hiccup at checkin. The room was nice. The gym is small but clean and well-lit. My room service on the first day was so nicely presented that I took a picture of it. The taste didn't disappoint.
Then things started to go terribly wrong. I requested an iron which housekeeping removed every day despite being promised they would leave it in the room after I called to have it delivered for the third time! My room service took a turn for the worse as I ordered the same thing twice and was served two very different portion sizes. Rather than make up for it by increasing the actual portion, the chef poured water into the curry and put it in a larger bowl!! A gentleman (believe it may have been the GM) approached my breakfast table and spoke to me in French only to realize he had made a mistake and I was not who he thought I was. He abruptly left with little explanation. My room key stopped working mid-stay because I had two reservations. This had been confirmed with the front desk when I checked in. It was particularly bad timing because I didn't have time to fix when it went bad.
The most frustrating part was the lack of management present. I requested to see a manager two times during my stay and both were met with a Front Office Supervisor so timid and afraid to talk, it was very awkward and I felt really bad for them. All they knew how to do was apologize. There was no explanation for why the mistakes had happened nor any promise of follow up. I was finally met by an EAM at breakfast who apologized for one of the many issues. It was clear the other incidents had not been reported to him despite my requests for escalation.
Overall, it's likely I met with a bit of bad luck. But the experience was pretty poor just the same. I will give the hotel one more try as I like the location and the price is right. Hopefully, they will fair better next time.

1  Thank jchanlifat

Dear jchanlifat,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you for taking some of time to write this review.

I am sorry that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations; we at Novotel strive to provide superior customer service but obviously failed to do so in your case.

Indeed it was me of approached you at breakfast and yes, I thought you were somebody else. I did leave quickly after realizing this as not to disturb you during your meal.

I am glad that Jan, my assistant, met you during your stay to address your unsatisfactory room service experience; of course we removed the charge for that meal from your bill and Jan already brought up the issue with our Executive Chef who is working with his team now to ensure a consistency in the portions we serve and the ways to handle guest complaints.

Both myself and Jan were completely unaware of the other issues you had; this is of course unacceptable and please rest assured that I will address them one by one with the respective managers and I will be working with them to avoid any future occurrences;

Again, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies and I do hope that you give us another chance to serve you better in the near future.

I have provided my email below and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have the opportunity to come back to Novotel Saigon Centre. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again and to restore your confidence in Novotel Saigon Centre.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel is in the middle of nowhere.
Room did not have balcony and smelt very musty.
Absolutely NO hot water.
Staff did not speak very good English, they weren't friendly and preferred to look in cupboards rather than help.
Had previously stayed at Novotel Nha Trang and don't understand how 2 Novotels could be so different. I would not stay here again.
Couldn't wait to leave actually.

Room Tip: Find somewhere more central. There is little around this Hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Lady-Carolyn E,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you for taking some of your time and sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies for that and rest assured that I am taking your feedback very seriously.

However, I am surprised to read that you found the location to be in the middle of nowhere. We are actually very centrally located and attractions such as Diamond Plaza shopping mall, Notre Dame Cathedral, War Remnants museum and Reunification Palace are all within 5-10 min walking distance.

We did not receive any other comments concerning the lack of hot water and thus I would very much appreciated if you could contact me at below email address with more details about your stay, especially the room you stayed in, so that I can follow up appropriately.

Again, I do apologise for not meeting your expectations during you stay and I do hope that you will give as another chance to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for work. Very new, clean, well-located, friendly staff. The rooms are slightly smaller than a usual 5-star but very efficient laid out. The breakfast options are limited due to few restaurant capabilities inside the hotel.
Loved the bathroom glass that becomes opaque when lights inside are turned on.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear mj_del_001,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your recent business trip to Saigon.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and please rest assured that I will be sharing your feedback with the team and I am sure this will serve as an encouragement to all of us.

If you have the opportunity to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Novotel Saigon Centre again.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant breakfast here, one of the best. Location was central to museum and shops. Taxi was needed to Ben Tanh markets. Approx $2. Wifi, water and great service provided.
The bar on the top is highly recommended. Great staff and yummy margaritas.
We felt the hotel catered more for business people. Apart from that it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Cathyandmatt,

Warmest greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for staying with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that you had a great time at our newly opened bar, onTop Bar, on the 20th floor. Opened a little over three weeks ago with great views on Saigon skyline from the outdoor terrace, the bar is an exciting addition to Novotel Saigon Centre.

We do hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future and if I ever can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The rooms and facilities here are very nice, and the concierge desk is exceedingly helpful. The rooftop bar is also worth a visit. Though if you wish to be within walking distance of more attractions, you may prefer to stay in one of the hotels near the opera house. The food at the restaurant (buffet) is pretty good, though the prices are multiples of what you pay at local Vietnamese restaurants (where we often had a hard time exceeding $4 per person, including drinks).

Dear bob_of_massachusetts,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review about your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for pointing out my colleagues at the concierge desk. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to them and I know they will be very pleased to hear about it.

Thank you again and if you ever have the chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of any assistance. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Novotel Saigon Centre again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Novotel Saigon Centre is well located for business and pleasure, has very nice rooms, and a great swimming pool. We were upgraded to a corner room with a vey nice view of the city. The room was well appointed, with a King size bed, a desk, and a sofa, which our son slept on comfortably.
The wifi was free and fast.
We didn't try the buffet breakfast, at $26, as we could eat pho about 200 m down the road for 54,000 dong, about $2.50. Pho is my prefered breakfast in Vietnam!
This is where we will be staying on our next trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KiwiBobCambodia
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear KiwiBobCambodia,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for writing this review and for staying with us.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your feedback with the team and I am sure it will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we always strive to further improve our service.

If you have the opportunity to come back again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again.