WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel

Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
Ranked #29 of 435 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
cheam, surrey
“Good hotel, unsafe city.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I spent my last night in this hotel after 2 weeks of travelling aroung Cambodia and Vietnam. The hotel was very good and the room was excellent.

Unfortunately, 2 people on a motorbike attempted to snatch my bag while I was crossing the road and after I left my daughters and their friend were trapped in a taxi where the driver demanded more money and had even taken the door handles off the the inside of the door so that they couldn't get out.

Sadly this was an unfortunate ending to such a wonderful trip but beware and forewarned this is not like the rest of Vietnam.

Room Tip: Lovely views from the higher floors. Corner rooms have an even better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear coolncrazy,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for sharing your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. However, I am also sorry that you had some unpleasant experiences in Saigon. While those things do happen occasionally, they are still a rare occurrence and I am sorry that it happened to you and your family as Saigon usually is a very safe city.

If there is anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Lionel.Moinard@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel is in a convenient location, not far to most attractions, and close to plenty of restaurants. Our room was of good size and clean. We had a foot and shoulder massage at the spa, just bliss!! Restaurant food of good quality and well priced. All staff were friendly and ready to help if needed. Will stay here again

2 Thank taratat
Dear taratat,

Thank you very much for taking some of your time and sharing your recent experience with us here on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all of our staff where ready to assist you if needed. Please rest assured that I will share this with my colleagues and I am sure everybody will be pleased to hear about it. I will also pass on your great comments about the Spa.

If you have the chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you. It would be a pleasure to have you again with us.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Novotel is a conveniently located in HCMC; the rooms are relatively spacious and well equipped. However the wi-fi is intermittent unless you are in the lobby. The breakfast buffet is a great selection between Eastern & Western cusine and the staff are friendly, welcoming and always happy to assist.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Matchy79
Dear Matchy79,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking some of your valuable time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sharing your comments with the team. I would also appreciate if you could contact me at below email to let me know the room number you stayed in so I can investigate why Wi-Fi connection was not working properly.

Thank you again and we do hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

The best place to stay in HCMC. Nearly all tourist attractions are withing walking distance of the hotel. We didnt have any problems in commuting. Just make sure you inform the taxi driver which hotel (preferably street name) as I was taken into Saigon center where the hotel isnt. English speaking people are very less, so be careful what you want. Service was excellent all times and very courteous and professional. We loved our stay and enjoyed the hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Prashy21,

Warmest greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review and staying with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the team and I am sure they will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we continuously strive to further improve our services.

I do apologise for experience with the taxi you encountered. As we are still a relatively new hotel, taxis sometimes do get confused.

Prashy21, if you have the chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist in any way. It would be a pleasure to have you again with us.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Have just finished a 2 week trip in the country, and spent the last couple of days at Novotel. Stayed in a standard room, and found it more than comfortable, with plenty of room. The 'privacy' glass between the bathroom and bedroom worked a treat. Clean, spacious, and good air con. The only problem with the room was a weak wifi signal. It worked fine in the lobby, restaurant and pool area, but not in the bedroom.

The overall facilities of the hotel were great, especially for the price. It is a modern hotel, and the staff were kind and gracious. There was no problems in communicating with staff. The pool area was nice, and refreshing after a hot day. The pool temperature is a tad cool when you hop in, but you quickly acclimatise. The spa service was good, and not bad value. Plus it was 20% off for hotel guests.

The highlight for me was definitely the buffet breakfast. A large selection of Western and Asian dishes, with an 'Eggs Bar' to cook eggs any way you like (poached egg was perfect!), and a 'Soup Bar,' making noodle soup to order. The rest of the food choices were plentiful and fresh. No stale food here! I pretty much had a 3-course breakfast each day!

The hotel is about a 20 min walk to Ben Thanh market, so not a bad walk. Or, it would be about $1-2, but of traffic is bad, it may be quicker to walk. War Remnants Museum and the Palace are about a 10 minute walk away. There aren't a great deal of bars or restaurants in the area, and I found that I was walking north to Dien Bien Phu to grab something to eat. A 10-minute stroll and you're there. Taxi to the airport was about 20 mins, and cost $5.

Overall, I would happily recommend this hotel and would be happy to stay here again, especially for the price. But if you're looking to be close to the 'action,' it may not be the place for you.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BeamerKJ
Dear BeamerKJ,

Thank you very much for taking some of your valuable time and sharing your recent experience with us here on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our breakfast. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the kitchen team and I am sure that they will be very pleased to hear about that.

Concerning our location, while we are not quite located in the city centre, we are within a short walk to most major tourist attraction but just far enough away to be in a quieter part of town. There are a few restaurants and shops hidden away in the neighborhood and our concierge will be happy to point them out to you.

Thank you again and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back again at Novotel Saigon Centre soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I ever can be of any assistance to you.

Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Room is spacious, bed is comfortable, and bathroom is ok. Overall, this is an excellent hotel. What I found a rather dissatisfying is a weak wi-fi signal in my room. I have to go down to the lobby to get a decent signal.
The hotel's location is just ok. If you want to go to ben tanh market, you can get a taxi for 40-50 thousand VND. If you rather walk, it'll take 15-20 minutes.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Tesa_Bdg,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I have also taken note of your comment concerning Wi-Fi and we are aware that in some of our rooms, Wi-Fi connection is not as strong as it should be and we are currently working on fixing this.

Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I ever can be of any assistance to you. We do hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

At its price point I cannot fault the Novotel Saigon Centre. The room was a good size and serviced well each day. The bathroom had a great walk-in shower with rainwater head. The staff were polite and professional. Free wifi also throughout the hotel.

It is in a good location to explore this fascinating city by foot and/ or the plentiful and inexpensive taxis always outside. One tip - when returning by taxi say Novotel and the name of the street NOT Saigon Centre. There is a Saigon Centre building elsewhere in the city which I was taken to by error.

Recommended.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Philip_Ward,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the team and I am sure this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we always strive to further improve our services.

If you have the opportunity to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Novotel Saigon Centre again.