“Good hotel”

Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
Ranked #36 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
“Good hotel”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at this Novotel with my girlfriend and my parents. The price was extremely good. I requested an early check in and for 2 rooms on the same floor and next to each other. We had to wait an hour to check in at 11:30am but was still earlier than it should have been and they gave us two rooms next to each other on the tenth floor. The staff didn't speak English particularly well and struggled to direct us to any good local restaurants but it was fun chatting to the staff. They were all very helpful and polite but there was just a slight bit of confusion due to the language. The location was pretty good, it was a distance from busy tourist areas but it's busy everywhere! We found it to be nice to walk everywhere from the hotel and didn't use a taxi for anything other than the airport. We paid 12USD in advance from the airport with MaiLinh taxis (we paid a bit extra just for the safety) and we paid 140000 Dong for our return from the hotel. There were always taxis outside the hotel. The rooms were spotless and decent sized. Two free bottles of water each day and a very well stocked mini bar plus lots of added extras such as sun lotion and condoms hehe! The breakfast was considerably better than what we expected and way better than any Novotel I have stayed in. The staff at breakfast were quick and efficiant and very happy to help in any way. The swimming pool was nice. Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great breakfast, clean rooms at a great price as had 50 % off the second room and also had Club included so free happy hour and drinks throughout the day. Not quite in the centre of the action but still within walking distance. Pity pool is fully enclosed. Will stay again next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Reelick,

Greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

Please rest assured that I will be sharing your feedback with the team and I am sure this will serves as an encouragement to all of us.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Novotel Saigon Centre and if I can ever be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

First impression of the hotel was fantastic....then took far too long to check us in (waited in reception for well over an hour before getting our rooms, felt like they were not expecting us even though our bookings had been made some months before arriving). Rooms were certainly superb and value was excellent. Then when it was time to leave, we experienced the same delays and confusion when trying to check out (5am in the morning, so were not busy).

Room service was also a debacle. Told varying stories about what was available when trying to order after 10pm, don't think they really wanted to cook for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MelodyM377,

Greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you for taking some of your time and writing a review of your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for that.

I would very much appreciate if you could contact me directly and below email and elaborate further on your check-in/out experience so that I may be able to follow up with my team accordingly and to prevent any future occurrences.

Thank you again and I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you better in the future.

Hong Kong
Reviewed April 3, 2013

A very good standard of Novotel well located in downtown HCMC and within walking distance to all the attractions. Rooms were clean and everything worked well - don't come expecting sometime different this is a very bog standard Novotel. The spa is well priced and outstanding (25/US hour).

Room Tip: Higher floors and away from the road.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adam W
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Adam W,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the Spa to be excellent. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the Spa team and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement not only to them but to all of us as we continuously strive to further improve upon our services again.

Thank you again and if you have a chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Rooms are small and faces a run down office building.

Toilets are cramped and the pipe was leaking.

Good location and staff are very friendly.

Bed is comfortable and polite.

Will stay again because of the cleanliness of hotel, location and good service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear melanieish,

Greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you for your review.

Concerning the views of our rooms, actually only very few rooms do face another building; most of our rooms have unobstructed views on the city. I also would very much appreciate if you could contact me at below email and let me know your room number so I can investigate the leaking issue you experienced.

I do hope that you give us another chance to serve you better on your next stay in Saigon and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist with.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

As this hotel is relatively new, the rooms are excellent and tastefully furnished with modern design. I love the toilet, its comfortable bed and the clean smell in the room. The breakfast quality is good although they could do with change every now and then. The location is not bad for District 3. I could walk easily to District 1, but you need to be brave to take on the roads by foot during peak hours, as lots of motorcycles envelop you at crossings.

The reservations team and front office are the weakest links of this hotel. When you try to book online for two rooms on different check-out dates, the system is unable to handle. Then when you call the Accor line to book, what you think would take no more than 5 mins became 15 mins, with times where you have to repeat your words. What's worse is that your requests are not communicated to the hotel and they can still get your bookings wrong after confirming it twice. Things don't get better when u arrive. You tell them there's a mistake in the dates, and you still get locked out because the system didn't register you as staying one more night. Such a nightmare with these 2 groups of people.

But the hotel is lovely and you don't pay as high a price as the 4-5 stars in District 1.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mumbailing,

Greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

However, I have also taken note of the issues you had with Front Desk. As I have difficulties finding the record of your stay, I would very much appreciate if you could contact me at the below email and provide me with necessary details so I can appropriately follow up with my team to avoid any future occurrences.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future. If I can ever be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Horsham, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel has well appointed rooms, a great seafood buffet and breakfast bar and a lovely pool area with a wonderful breeze all the time (coolest place to be in HCMC). The rooms were a good size with tasteful decor and well fitted out (e.g. hans grohe shower head and overhead shower head in bathroom). Very quiet despite the noisy street outside. concierge service was great with good advice and access to tours and services. Close to major attractions. All the staff were pleasant and helpful. Only criticism was that check-out and pool bar service took a long time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Robyn_Hakuba_Fan,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the team and I am sure this will serve as an encouragement to all of us. All of our rooms are fitted out with double glazed windows and I am glad that you found the rooms to be quiet.

I have also taken note of your comments and I would like to thank you for them as this gives us the opportunity to objectively review our services and to improve upon them.

Thank you again and if you ever have a chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again at Novotel Saigon Centre.