“Exactly what can be expected from a novotel”

Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
Ranked #36 of 472 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice new hotel at very good value compared to other 4-5 star hotels in hcmc. Room was lovely and clean with a great view.had room service and that was very good and efficient.i arrived at 8.30am and there was no problem at all with the early check in.(nobody Evan mentioned it),this was great after a 13 hour flight. I wouldn't say the location is brilliant for most tourists that want to walk places however there is always VINASUN taxis outside and they are very cheap and reliable.all in all its the cheapest Novotel ive stayed in and also one of the best!

• Stayed: December 2012
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear andy p,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon and thank you very much for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to check-in in the morning. We always try our best to have rooms ready for our guests upon their arrival time and I am glad we were able to do so in your case.

It is our hope that we can welcome you back again in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I ever can be of any assistance to you.

Lionel.Moinard@accor.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,619)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Novotel Saigon Hotel for one night in transit from Melbourne to Hai Phong.

The experience was wonderful in that we upgraded to Executive Club level to enjoy those little extra benefits that make it all that more an enjoyable stay.

We also used the Hotel Airport Transfers during our stay.

One Hotel in Ho Chi Minh that is well worth the stay with such wonderful service from the ever smiling staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Graham F,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review.

I am glad to read that your wife and you enjoyed your stay with us and I am especially proud from the praise of our staff as they are our greatest asset. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the whole team and I am sure this will serve as an encouragement to all of us to even to better.

If you ever have a chance to come back to Saigon again, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back at Novotel Saigon Centre and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went on a three week vacation of Vietnam and Cambodia. This hotel was our first stay(3 nights) on our own. The staff made us feel at home especially after two guys on a motor bike ripped my camera out of my hands.They helped us to find a new camera and a letter from the hotel management made it possible to get some money back from the insurance company.They also arranged to get tickets for different shows.The food was excellent and we enjoyed watching the busy traffic from the outside patio.We where sad to leave this place. This hotel is a little away from the downtown area but taxis are very cheap

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear SeniorVancouver,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to assist you after your camera was stolen. Indeed, we are now warning all our guests to safely secure their bags and cameras as unfortunately it does happen from time to time, especially at tourist spots that a motorbike driver will try to grab a bag or camera.

I am glad that you were still able to enjoy your stay and I hope you had a great holiday throughout Vietnam and Cambodia.

Thank you again for your nice review and if you ever have a chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

good location, good room, good shower, good choice of international tv channels, very good breakfast buffet (big variety of Asian and Western foods), good coffee, helpful staff at Reception, free WIFI in the room, no complaints, overall a very good stay...

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank adm496
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear adm496,

Thank you very much for taking some of your valuable time and sharing your recent experience with us here on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and I am proud that you found our staff helpful. Please rest assured that I will share your comments with our reception and I am sure this will serve as an encouragement not only to them but to all of us.

I do hope that we can welcome you back again in the not too distant future and if I can ever be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Rooms are lovely, the location is excellent, beds are comfy, breakfast is good for the price.

However - they had no cash for exchange when we arrived the first night. Then they suddenly found some when we wanted to pay for dinner in the hotel.
The service in the restaurant was slower than a snail.
Room service was then even slower.

The switch to turn on the do not disturb sign has a TINY notice on it, so I switched it on without noticing what I had done - consequence - my room was not made up.

The room felt slightly damp to me - I realise HCM is a humid city, but outside didn't feel too humid to me.

Sheets were clean on arrival, but somehow two days later they had dirty marks on them - they were fine when the room was vacated in the morning. Maybe we made them dirty, but the room cleaning service should have noticed this when making up the bed.

The internet is very slow - living in China, it takes a lot for me to complain that the Internet is slow! Try connecting through the Great Firewall - I felt that I might have been!

International television channels, but no BBC World News only world news channel was CNN.

I would not recommend this hotel - last time I stayed in a small boutique hotel at a lower cost.
I am given to understand that the hotel is very new - they do need to sort out their teething problems.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Roux
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Roux,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you for your review.

I would like to apologise that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us and I would like to thank you for your comments as it is through continuous feedback, from guests such as yourselves, that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations.

Please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with our Restaurant Manager and his team as well as with our Executive Housekeeper. I will personally follow up with them to ensure that appropriate training is given to the team to prevent any future occurrences.

However, I am glad that you enjoyed your room and location of the hotel as well as our beds.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us and I do hope you will give us another chance to serve you better in the near future.

If I can ever be of assistance or service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back at Novotel Saigon Centre.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was our second stay at the newly built Novotel. The hotel is conveniently situated in a great location walking distance to the main attractions in District one.
We called the hotel on our way from the airport to make a booking after a flight was canceled and our room was ready by the time we arrived.
All the staff are friendly and very helpful. There is everything you need in the rooms for a short stay and the beds are extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear HappyExpatSaigon,

Greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review and for staying with us again.

I am delighted to read you have enjoyed your stay with us again. Please rest assured that I will share your review with our team and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we always strive to improve our services further.

If you have a chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you. We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed 11F. Unfortunately, your wifi was too slow and I finally could not use it at all. Please surely improve wifi condition as soon as possible. Actually, yourb hotel wea good except wifi condition.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank ochi8018

Dear ochi8018,

Greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you for your review.

I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay with and I apologise that the Wi-Fi was not working in your room. I would very much appreciate if you could contact me at below email and give me your room number so that I can follow up with our IT Manager what exactly the problem was in your room so that we can prevent any future occurrences; may I also recommend, if you experience a similar problem again, to contact our Customer Service as we are often able to fix this problem right on the spot.

I am glad that you enjoyed the other facilities and services of our hotel and it is my hope that you give us another chance in the future to serve you better.

Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance and I would be looking forward to hearing from you.