“Very good business hotel”

Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
Ranked #38 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Shanghai, China
“Very good business hotel”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The second time I came to Saigon as business traveler, so decided to go for the Novotel after reviewing the comments.
First of all, the hotel with all the facilities is great for all business traveler as well for tourist with higher budget. I booked through the hotel website a Deluxe Room for 3 nights. When I arrived at the hotel around 13:30 my room was not ready, so the FO Supervisor at the reception asked me to wait for around 45 minutes. I had no issue as there was the Bar 167 Faubourg where I could had drink and also check my e-mails (free wi-fi in hotel).
After almost one hour I returned to the reception, but the that one FO Supervisor was not there anymore so I asked another person. She checked, however the room was not ready yet due to an issue. But she quickly came with a solution and upgraded me to Executive Deluxe Room.
Finally, got the room and went upstairs. Although for an Executive Deluxe Room the space wasn't that spacious, but it was still OK. The room is really well appointed with a modern design which I like it. As a business traveler I could find all items which are important e.g. iron board (I did iron my shirt), free wi-fi and wire internet connection, two- and three pins power outlets.
The bathroom comes with a shower which has a Smart Glass, really great design idea!
At the 4th level is a swimming pool which is nice for relaxing and swimming a couple of lanes for work out, but the water is really cold.
Breakfast was at the 2nd level, offer a range of International and Asian food. However, for a 4 star hotel there should have more choices. Anyhow it was sufficient.
The hotel locates in District 3, but is only a walking distance of about 15 minutes to Le Loi Boulevard. Outside around the hotel have many restaurants and coffee shops, so it wasn't an issue to find some eateries and as well to get a taxi immediately.

Room Tip: Level 16-19 are premium floors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear tsri,

Thank you very much for your review and for taking some of your valuable time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and please rest assured that I will share your comments with the team.

However, I have also noted that your check-in experience was not quite up to our usual standards and I would like to express my sincerest apologies for that; we should have never kept waiting you for so long without any further follow up with you from our side. I have already shared your feedback with the Front Office Manager and he will follow up with his staff and additional training will be given to prevent any future occurrences.

Thank you again for staying with us and if you have a chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist with.

Yours sincerely,

Lionel.Moinard@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Saigon
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a new hotel. The room is a bit small but the the service is excellent, great breakfast We stayed for 3 nights and really enjoyed our stay.
The only problem we encountered during our stay is there were too many Chinese staying at the hotel at the time and they are so damn noisy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LeTri
Chiangmai
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Novotel Saigon Centre keeps the standards of the international brand name, and does not disappoint. The rooms are nicely designed, have a warm feeling. The bed is comfortable. The housekeeping staff are efficient and do an excellent job every morning on the dot replenishing supplies of tea, shampoos, etc. and cleaning the rooms. The swimming pool in the hotel is very very beautiful at night, The dinner seafood buffet at the restaurant is very good, and the dessert spread is fantastic. Restaurant staff are better than front-desk staff. If your booking for this hotel does not offer you breakfast, don't worry: there are two bakery shops near the hotel, and many options for pricey restaurants & cheap-eats. Five minutes down the road where the Novotel is located (Hai Bac Trung) is a five-star hotel. I went over there to observe, and the lobby was filled with guests, some of them complaining about not being checked into their rooms. This is December high season, but I am so glad that I was in Novotel and not that fancy hotel which in spite of its five stars rating was crowded with demanding guests. And I stay away from government-operated/owned hotels in Vietnam for their lack of character & mass herds on tour packages. So I find Novotel a happy middle for my liking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Service and room was perfect for the price we payed. Modern, professional, comfortable. Bar prices were ok for ian international hotel chain. Just don't expec a fantastic pool. Spa and gym was good though. Very recommendable, also in terms of location

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, clean, modern, friendly staff and in a good spot to explore the city. We were in an executive room which allows access to the lounge which is a bonus to spend an hour of 2 in peace and quiet escaping the hustle and bustle of the city outside. The rooms are good and the beds are amazing! I want one for home! The breakfast buffet is very good, catering for all tastes, Asian and Western. Would stay here again for sure.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear JLK-Aus,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am sure that your comments will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we continuously strive to further improve upon our services.

I hope that you had a happy and successful start to the New Year and if you have a chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The rooms looked basic on first sight, but were well designed with all amenities and very comfortable. Free, fast WiFi plus swimming pool and small gym were a bonus.

The hotel is an easy walk to the museums and main tourist attractions, shopping areas and attractions ... But as with all of Saigon crossing the road is not for the faint hearted.

Concierge was excellent at recommending local restaurants and far more up to date than the travel guides ( the 2012 Rough Guide is out of date and full of errors). The rest of the service was efficient if a little brusque at times.

Room Tip: If you book via Agoda expect to be by the lifts, but sound insulation was reasonable.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear sussexgirl100,

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please rest assured that I will share your comments with the team, especially with our Concierge, who you so kindly mentioned. I am sure this will serve as an encouragement not only to them but to all of us as we always strive to improve upon our services.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Best Regards and a happy and successful start to 2013,