“Best Hostel in Saigon”
Review of Lofi Inn Saigon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ho Chi Minh City
Lofi Inn Saigon
Taebaek, South Korea
“Best Hostel in Saigon”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Lofi. The girls dorm room where I stayed was clean, beds really comfortable, bathroom and shower in the room, and even a little balcony where you could smoke and it had a rail for you to hang your towel to dry. Upstairs at the rooftop hangout we had lots of fun, met many awesome people and they even threw a party on new years eve (with free beer!) and after took everybody out into the city which lead to many adventures. The only criticism I have is that they sell (very cheap) drinks downstairs at reception instead of on the roof, so you had to walk down 5 flights of stairs and back up again which was a mission. For the price I would say it's well worth it and they even helped us plan the next leg of our journey.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Iluka, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Anna is so lovely and very helpful! She spoke English very well and showed us where we should visit in the city. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are clean and the showers have hot water. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2013
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Booked a private room at this hostel, and was given a room right next to reception and the front door. From here you can hear everything that is being said at reception until all hours of the night, plus the traffic noise was so loud that I had to go roaming the streets to find earplugs. For the price, you can stay at any number of other places in a quiet alley, away from the noise.

The common area is on the rooftop, where the wi-fi was extremely poor and the area really lacked the atmosphere that I have found at other hostels throughout asia.

The good: they organised a day trip to the Cu Chi Tunnels for $7 (this can probably be done through any agent though) and the staff were very friendly. I would still choose somewhere else next time though.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the bottom floor, unless you dont plan on sleeping
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lofi T, Manager at Lofi Inn Saigon, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments and we are very sorry about the noise at level 1 as it's closest to the street and the rest of the private rooms are full. Sometimes the WiFi connection from service provider is unstable but we have LAN desktop for guest to use. Problem has been resolved with additional booster extender installed.

Travelers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The hostel itself is adequate, and although their website portrays it as vibrant and busy, it isn't. Lofi is aiming for the right thing, but fails on several counts: 1. Myself and at least 4 others present during my stay have had to argue over prices - routinely trying to overcharge everyone of us at checkout above the rates posted on their site. 2. The staff - barring one male staff member (identifiable by his good English), I found were somewhat rude in resolving any issues. 3. It appears normal for guests to be moved from room to room at the whim of staff. 4. Two fellow residents reported small items missing during their stay. One guy reported this and had his item 'found' by staff who seemed more angry that he'd noticed it gone than concerned it was taken in the first place. 5. There is no breakfast (not a problem) but a few green bananas & lukewarm coffee? C'mon!

I'd say find somewhere else - this is NOT a stand-out place for any good reason.

• Stayed December 2012
Lofi T, Manager at Lofi Inn Saigon, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Customer,
Maybe you are not informed about hostel rack rates while you check in. This is industrial practice with walk-in rate slight higher than published. We are sorry if it has cause any inconvenience for you. In order to keep the coffee and tea fresh, we installed the maker for customers to brew it themselves therefore lukewarm coffee you mentioned probably are brewed by other guest in the hostel. Thank you for your valued comment.
Singapore
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The rooms are clean and the beds are nice (albeit it being a little too hard).

I did not have any issues with their service UNTIL it came to payment time.

I checked in at 9.30PM on the 5th and due to check out on the 9th at 4AM.

According to their website, official check in time is 2PM and check out time is 12PM.

I paid for the 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th NIGHT. BUT, they wanted to charge me an extra HALF day and they couldn't even justify WHY!

If you decide to stay here, please make sure you assert your ground and do not allow them to cheat you for no justifiable reason.

Only one service staff (he wears glasses) was excellent. He was patient and very warm. Everyone one else sadly paled in comparison.

• Stayed December 2012
Lofi T, Manager at Lofi Inn Saigon, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your valued comment. First of all we apologies if our staffs were unable to justify to you why there is an additional charges. If you could remember, upon check-in there is a form for you to sign to confirm you understand the terms & conditions.
It written " Please remember that when you say that you are arriving after midnight on eg. Tuesday 12th October, you are in fact arriving on the NIGHT OF Tuesday 12th October, and NOT after midnight on Monday 11th October. *Extra half/One day charges will be incurred"
Even though you checked in late, it doesn't mean that the hours can be brought forward to the check-out hours. Therefore on the 9th, 12pm is your check out hours. Most of our terms & conditions are industry practice even in Singapore hostels. Hope that we can clear your misunderstanding.
Kathmandu
Reviewed December 7, 2012

It's an average place with pretty confused lot of staffs. I booked one sort of room, which they confirmed and when i checked in, they provided me with another room. when i checked out after 2 nights, they wrote an email saying, they waited the whole day for me. They took all my sheets and stuffs off and assigned my bed to someone else when i hadn't checked out. My toiletery bag went missing from my bed, i didn't make a big fuss but when i went to ask them if they had seen it, all they said was,"Not understand x2". Well they however game me my tooth brush that was with everything else in the bag. The girl at the front desk is pretty annoying. When i asked her for a receipt, she said, "why do you need it, when i know you've paid". Trust the confused lot of people! Well, the guy on duty the next day asked me to pay again...... She also had the audacity to shout at me on the last day for not being able to identify the drier that came to pick me up. Mind, you she is ver very rude!! The only downside of my overall vietnam trip as i have found everything else and everyone else really good. The house keeper lady is really nice though and helpful, although she doesn't speak much english.

Stayed November 2012
Lofi T, Manager at Lofi Inn Saigon, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear customers,
Firstly, we will like to apologies for the confusion on room placement. It is our fault neglecting on checking room availability and due to the overwhelm booking and lacking of manpower that causes such mistakes. Our main priority is to give our customers the best service. Relevant staff that causes the unhappiness to you has been dealt with. We value your comments and thank you.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Lofi Inn has hard beds, freezing air con, cold showers, an empty chillout space on the 5th floor, annoying staff....and clean rooms and a good location. The hostel website portrays it as a chic and fun place to be, but really, its just a very clean but stale hostel. It doesn't have a lot of character because its not very decorated, doesn't have much of a social scene, and the staff isn't that hospitable. I found it rude that I paid a decent price but didn't have a hot shower. I was told to go two floors down to get hot water, as if it wasn't an issue for me to go up and down a couple flights for hot water. Forget about the rooftop chillout area in the morning -- the cleaning staff watches TV all day and thus makes it a lousy place to hang out. The buses, tours, etc they provide are overpriced -- go around the corner to any of the myriad of agencies instead. Met a couple people which made my stay better, but next time I would look for a hostel with more character.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Zac Z
Lofi T, Manager at Lofi Inn Saigon, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
We will keep improving our service and facilities. Thank you for your review and if you have further suggestion, please feel free to write to us!. :)