“Nice hotel, shame about the club next door”

King Star Hotel Cao Ba Quat St
King Star Hotel Cao Ba Quat St
Ranked #364 of 458 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
London, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, shame about the club next door”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions, when I arrived and left Vietnam. The first visit was most pleasurable and they were very helpful. On my return I was very tired and was put in a room on the first floor, practically in the nightclub next door. Unfortunately they said they were full and would tell the club to turn the music down. Unfortunately this was not the case. Would have happily given a better review apart from the Saturday night loud music issue. So if you have a flight early Sunday morning, avoid at all costs.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Westieboi86

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
jef-ind
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Spent three nights here when visiting Hanoi. Great location just minutes from the main square. Excellent and attentive staff. Room was quite small, but well appointed. Good breakfast buffet. Would strongly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I advise a deluxe suite for anyone. A very spacious room with a big screen tv and own desktop computer. The double spa was perfect you can spend hours in it!!!
Excellent staff and tasty brekky.
A great way to relax and unwind after trekking the footpath of the hustle and bustle of Saigon

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Only positive comments about this hotel.
I must commend the staff for their attitude and service.
The hotel location was perfect.
The rooms were large and really very clean.
I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Giorgos F
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I arrived at the hotel at 2:00 a.m. from my flight and naturally, I was tired and aching to get some decent sleep.

Upon checking-in, I was informed that there was no room available even though I have paid in full via Expedia. I was brought to another hotel that they probably also owned which was a bit disturbing since the front desk clerk was sleeping and didn't seem to know what to do with me. The room boy who accompanied me made a mistake and once again, I was brought to another hotel.

Finally, I was able to get some rest. I think they gave away my room since they thought I wasn't checking-in anymore. That is very unprofessional. Please stay in another hotel if you don't want to experience what I went through.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

Prague
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have been to Saigon twice over the last 6 months. On the first trip I stayed at one of the mid priced highest rated hotels in the backpacker area. You can check my other reviews to find out which one but I think it might be obvious to many people. While walking around Saigon I fell upon this hotel which had recently opened so I booked in for my second visit. I think this is a total sleeper as few people know about it but I know their occupancy levels are already rising as people are finding it. I was shocked that only one other person wrote the hotel up.

The rooms are well designed. The breakfast is terrific with all you can eat but prepared individually for you. The front desk staff is excellent and helpful especially My Hao who is outstanding!! Try to contact her directly and she will sort everything out for you.

I personally loved this location as it is surrounded by the best hotels in Saigon (Park Hyatt, Caravelle and Sheraton. To me it is closer to the best restaurants in Saigon. It also is near the Japanese section of town with fantastic restaurants and stores. For me I thought it was a significantly better area than the backpacker area which is also fun but I found virtually all the restaurants there to be mediocre.

Overall even if you are paying a shade over the prices in the backpacker area this hotel is definitely worth it.

Room Tip: They have 4 categories of rooms but unlike in the backpacker area all rooms have windows. I had a st...