“simple but must see”

Half-Day Ho Chi Minh City Tour
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This French-built cathedral occupies scenic Paris Square in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

no, it is not the one in paris and this is one is far more modest and simple but this church is pretty nice with a nice statue of the virgin in front. its located just beside the post office and everyday there are lots of tourists visiting so its sometimes hard to take a picture. inside, the ceilings are awesome and the place is spacious.It shows the strong cultural influence of france to vietnam

There are newer reviews for Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Even though it can be very plain and dull, I think its worth visiting knowing the fact that its literally a French style cathedral in the heart of HCMC, Vietnam! The scale might not be as massive as you think, however its still a beautiful place to see.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Walked past a few times but never went inside!
Lovely old building!
Not to far from here is the post office which as another stunning building!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Notre Dame Cathedral is worth visiting if you appreciate French architecture. The church is old but well maintained. The facade is beautifully designed. Once inside the church, the window glass panels show brilliant color lights. It would take less than an hour to visit this place. You can move on to visit the Central Post Office which is close by. The post office also has beautiful architectual design.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

First of all, it is only open for 1 hour/day (between 3 & 4). Second of all, you are only allowed to visit the first 10 feet or so. There is a barrier & gate blocking entry but the sign says that you are allowed to go in to pray. Being a CHRISTIAN, I decided to go in, to sit & to pray. But the Vietnamese caretaker, who was holding the door open (I thought she was holding it open for me), GRABBED my arm and PUSHED me back and pointed to the sign about praying. I said yes, I am here to pray. Another woman let me in, but being physically grabbed & pushed had ruined the visit. And in a church of all places. This behavior is appalling. I am a caucasian Westerner who has been barred from entering other religions' houses of worship elsewhere in the Middle East/Asia where the assumption was made that I was Christian, which is fine - that's their prerogative. But I was shocked that someone attempted to do the same for my own religion. I am so sorry that we made a second trip back to the church to see the (poorly maintained) stained glass windows as I was victim & witness to un-Christianlike behavior that I will not soon forget.

2  Thank MruthCo