“Nice hotel for backpacker”

Koniko Backpackers Hostel
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel, they are very informative, nice and friendly.. located is strategic for tourist,
lots of food, music, people, coffee..
Room is clean, ac is work, hot water not really work in the night.. but its such no big deal
And you have to excersice before you get your breakfast 6th floor and my room in 1st floor.. there's no elevater and lift.. hahaha

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I liked the staff and the decoration of my dorm room. I stayed here 3 nights and most of the time I was the only person staying in the room or only one person besides me, which was nice because it was calm.

They could improve the cleaning - it was not too dirty but they should clean a little bit every day. When I arrived one of the guys came to empty the trash - that's it. Nothing else for the next 3 days was done... There was a dirty towel in my bed that they did not remove when I arrived. The bed was not "made" because the blanket was just a big mess in my bed so It made me think If they even changed the sheets after somebody... When somebody checked out they didn't come even to take the trash from her bed.

Anyway - I was many small stuff that was not nice - the lack of tidyness. One thing happened to me and an English girl - there was a mouse in our room! (5th floor)

The staff was pretty shocked when we told them. We let the mouse in to one of the bathrooms in the room and closed the door. Apparently the staff killed it later. We found later some mouse puup on the upper beds.

It's true what the other rewiever said - it was very noisy in the night time, around 10 pm the disco music was very loud until 12 pm or something.. I did not need earplugs because I went sleep after the noisiest time but I might have needed them if I had wanted to sleep earlier.

When I checked out they gave me a take-away breakfast. That was very sweet.

It's not so bad, but next time I will stay somewhere else with the same price (6 euros a night, breakfast included) where I don't have to afraid of the mice and that is a bit more cleaner.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hostel is well located on backpackers street. You have everything around: bars, food, drinks, laundry, travel services - 24/7. There is a huge noise all the time: music, car horns and shout. The hotel is dirty: walls and sheets with stains, rust in bathroom, dust everywhere. It is not possible to close bathroom door because of spoiled handle. I had to use my own sleeping bag. The staff is helpful. Breakfast is included in room rate, but very basic. I don't recommend this hostel only because it is dirty.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

About 8$ per night, including a good breakfast of your choice. Good aircon, clean rooms, your own big locker, free wifi (one computer to use for free as well). And good service. You can book busses, activites etc in the reception for a decent price. The water in the shower is cold though.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 19, 2013

stayed in koniko backpackers for 1/12 weeks, the location is great right in the heart of the city in the backpackers area. Free breakfast which is very yummy and filling. Most of all the staff are amazing, i have a broken leg and have needed a lot of assistance. They have done everything for me even brought my breakfast in bed. I recommend this hostel, the rooms are very clean,spacious and have two bathrooms. For only 8 dollars a night it's one of the cheapest you'll find being in the capital city.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Location is good and staff incredibly friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, we had a lot of ants in our room and decided to leave after one night. Hotel staff, to their credit, reacted quickly and were polite in helping us find somewhere else for 30th and 31st December. My real annoyance is with easytobook, who took a £9 fee and did not pass on all of the roomrate paid by s to the hostel. This meant that when the hostel gave us a refund for the days we choose not to to stay (which they did with no argument), the amount we received was circa £15 less than what we paid ( including the £9 previously mentioned).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hostel is clean and has friendly staff with a good grasp of the English language and situated within a good location. it offers really good value for money and moreover its really clean, bright and airy. I enjoyed the stay and recommend to all backpackers. I would go back!!
I stayed for 3 nights in the dorm which was spacious and clean. highly recommended!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo