“Great Place to Stay - Ho Chi Minh City” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spring Hotel

Spring Hotel
Ranked #126 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Philippines
“Great Place to Stay - Ho Chi Minh City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel within the last week and found it to be a great place to stay. The property is an older building, extremely clean, two large windows, high ceiling, lots of crown molding, nicely painted, good carpet. The staff was excellent.

The first night the bathtub was very slippery. I ask for a mat to put in the tub and it was delivered immediately. The property is well maintained.

I stayed in room 305. Before booking the hotel I did what I always do and checked TripAdvisor. I read the positive and negative reviews. There certinly were far more posititve reviews than negative reviews. I did not see any insects, the hotel was not noisy, air condition worked great, no problem with the elevator being slow, complimentary breakfast was fine and no problem with the bed. I slept like a baby.

I have used TripAdvisor for years and find it extremely helpful, but you must keep in mind when reading the reviews that some people are simply impossible to please. You need to review all the reviews on a proptery and then make an educated decision.

If I would have let the negative reviews frighten me I would have missed out on a great place to stay.

I also point out to a property at the time I make the reservation the negative reviews I have read and explain to them I want a quite room, a room with windows, no smoking room, etc.

Thank you Spring Hotel I had a great stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
ft.worth..tx.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was at the Spring Hotel twice,last date oct.3.2012. I really enjoyed it. The hotel was very clean the room was good size, I travel to Europe alot,and you get alot less for your money, There is the Coffee Bean down the street,and had a good small menu,and good cake,that was hard to find in Vn. I was happy to find that. There is a Pizza Hut across from the Coffee Bean., The Hotel was very nice for the price,and the employees were very helpful in booking tours,and onward flights The location was fine..

Room Tip: Don"t carry your purse outside. I took a real small one. There is a safe in the room. I wasn:t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights before flying back from Vietnam and found a very helpful and friendly hotel in an ideal location to visit the city. The staff were universally helpful and friendly and the room was roomy and good. The location was also perfect (muh better than being in "the backpacker area"). I would certainly recommend staying there

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Colincat
NGUYEN H, Manager at Spring Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your comment, we will try to improve our service & amenities, welcome you come back with us someday.

Good Luck
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I simply love this hotel. Although this is just a 3 star hotel, what I find pleasing is the excellent location ( close to the tourist attractions in the city i.e. Dong Khoi St, Notre Dame Cathedral, Central Post Office, Hardrock Cafe and the Diamond Plaza, Vincom Centre and Parkson shopping malls ), the friendly service, the clean rooms, the art deco design and the good value for money. There are also instances wherein the staff will delight you i.e. when they offered me a free cup of green tea after a tiring day while I was resting at the lobby and when they recommended me a good Ventosa massage. I will surely come back here in my next visit to Saigon.

Room Tip: Higher floor is still the best.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
NGUYEN H, Manager at Spring Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your review about Spring Hotel, we will try to offer you many new services and information for your next visit, There is an another shopping mall of Vincom group ( Vincom A ) just opening few days ago, It takes 2 minutes walking from Spring Hotel, there are many famous brands in the world in this mall, hope you return Spring Hotel and visit this luxury shopping mall.
Portarlington, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at the Spring Hotel for two nights when we first arrived in HCMC. Good quality accommodation with excellent and attentive staff and a short walk to the Saigon River and other sights around the CBD. If you are looking for a good quality reasonably priced hotel well away from the run of the mill backpacker areas, go no further.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
NGUYEN H, Manager at Spring Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your comment, we currently provide a good location and service but we also know global economy is bad now therefore we also provide a best price for our guests, we locate in CBD of Saigon but room tariff is in contryside, hope you return with us one day, very welcome.

The Spring Hotel
Hanoi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed for 6 nights in the Spring Hotel in August 2012. The staff were very helpful, gave good advice and were helpful. While the hotel is not new, and the furniture is not new, it is very clean, reasonably priced, it is not near the backpacker area (so the streets are quieter), and it is walking distance to the Reunification Palace, the river, and many of the shopping attractions. As we are a couple in our early 40s, we didn't want to stay in the backpacker area, and this hotel was perfect. The free internet computers in the lobby were also very handy.
The staff did not put pressure on us to use their services, or any other local services, but as soon as we asked for help they always obliged. After spending the last month in Vietnam, the staff at the Spring Hotel were about the best we experienced.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

My parents and I decided to stay here because of the location and price. Spring Hotel is one of the best value hotels that is centrally located in HCMC. However, don't expect too much. Our room smelled like cigarette smoke that was trying to be masked by odor eaters. The second bed that was added to the room was not very comfortable. The breakfast was good. The staff was courteous. I'd stay here again because the price at this location is worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family