The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$292
$273
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$113
InterContinental Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$177
$172
New World Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$141
$114
  • Pool
Hotel Majestic Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$168
$107
Trip.com
  • Pool
Windsor Plaza Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$90
$71
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Villa Song Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$185
$131
Priceline
Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$112
$84
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $97/night.

$125
$70
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

Rex Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$157
$111
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
2,994 results
All reviewssignature loungeopera houserooftop barvietnam warpillow menuexcellent locationbreakfast buffetwithin walking distanceluxury hotelfantastic hotelthe ground floorcentral locationpark hyattan upgradenotre dame cathedralthe heart of the citypost office
Reviewed December 4, 2014

Hotel is well locatwd in downtown Saigon, walkimg distance to main shops and river.
The service is good but due to renovation going on, the entrance is ugly, the rooms are old, bathroom old, no shower but a bath, about 45 mns from hotel.
Breakfast is acceptable, price of the room is on high side and i would prefer to avoid in future

Room Tip: Slow wifi free, nice terasse bar at night
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Barry W
Bryce S, Director of Rooms at Caravelle Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2014

Dear Barry W

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We are truly glad to hear that you enjoyed our central location and customer service.

We are sorry that our refreshment project negatively affected your overall impression. We hope that you will consider staying at Caravelle again in the future and experience all of our exciting new changes that will be coming soon. You will be pleased to know that our current refurbishment program will also include a complete upgrade of our guests rooms, including a full modernization of all bathrooms. We trust these exciting changes will make your future stays with us better than ever.

Reviewed December 3, 2014

The hotel is located at the center of town with easy access to surrounding business area. I actually walked to my meetings in the nearby building. The staff was eager to serve you and has plenty of smiles to offer. The newly renovated buffet breakfast was great. It was a pleasant visit!

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled on business

Dear Dreacole

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback and recognizing so many positive aspects of your recent stay at the Caravelle Saigon.

I am pleased to see that you found our hotel to have a great location. I agree that we are located just a few minutes away from numerous Ho Chi Minh City landmarks and we realize this is a unique asset we are able to offer our guests.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 3, 2014

As my wife and I were walking back to The Caravelle from dinner at a close by restaurant she slipped on the footpath and injured her left leg. We contacted the hotel and three front of house staff arrived on the scene and arranged transport to and from a Medical Centre. On our return to the hotel a wheel chair was waiting at the kerb as the taxi arrived. These staff members were very concerned about my wife's injury and their actions greatly eased the stress that I was under.
The accommodation and meals are excellent as were the courtesy and service from the Staff.
If we ever return again to this interesting city we no doubt will stay at The Caravelle and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Robert M

Dear Robert M

Thank you for your kind comments and wonderful recommendation. We are glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the Caravelle Saigon.

It’s always a pleasure to hear that our staff go out of their way to ensure our guests have a more comfortable and enjoyable stay. We greatly appreciate you recognizing their efforts as all our team members work very hard to ensure each guest’s stay is memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed December 1, 2014

This hotel was great even though they were doing renovations it was a really nice stay. The rooftop bar was a great place to relax and have a drink with a fabulous Cuban band. The location was excellent with plenty of restaurants nearby if you wanted a change from the hotel although it was excellent as well.
I would recommend this to anyone staying in Ho Chi Minh City. I'm sure they would not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2014

Dear Gaile W,

Thank you for taking the time to share all of the positive details of your stay. We are very happy to hear that you had a successful stay with us and enjoyed our rooftop bar, Q’VANS band and central location. We are pleased to hear that our refreshment program didn't impact your overall stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2014

I stayed at the Caravelle 2 years ago and every hotel I stayed at since was compared to it (along with the Landmark in Bangkok) and every hotel fell short of the mark.

Nothing was mentioned on the web page about renovating when I booked. When I emailed the hotel re rates nothing was mentioned about renovating. I was only made aware by reading reviews on TA, however the reviews were still good and frankly after paying the accommodation in full I did not know if I would receive a refund.

The airport pick up was just as good, my husband enjoyed a cold beer while being driven to the hotel. This time instead of being checked in, in our room we were taken to the make shift reception on the 3rd floor and had to wait our turn. We had decided not to accept a paid upgrade to the Signature floor as, as amazing as it was, it was a tie to be in the hotel in the evening for the food and cocktails, plus it was an extra $80 and for that we could have a good dinner elsewhere, however it wasn't offered.

I knew that the room was very dated but I had forgotten just how dated and awkward the bathroom is. As we are getting older it was very difficult stepping in and out of the bath to have a shower. The plus with the room is the beds are very comfortable.

There was a welcoming letter in the room mentioning the upgrades and a 20% discount off food and bev for the inconvenience of the upgrades. We decided to eat in the restaurant, the meal was unmemorable, and there was a sign outside of the door giving everyone 50% off food and bev, so much for offering a guest 20% when anyone could walk in off the street and get 50%!

It was breakfast that was a major, major disappointment. Two years ago breakfast was jaw dropping, benches groaning with danishes and cakes off all descriptions, so many that in 6 days I never got to eat them all. This year a choice of probably 4 or 5 different danishes. Two years ago a waitress came around with a jug of fresh passionfruit juice (only one morning) however it started my addiction to fresh passionfruit juice. The only passionfruit juice on offer this time was an orange liquid in the glass dispenser whose flavour was probably closer to a poor orange juice despite the label. Waitresses did come around with smoothies, I accepted one that was banana, however I could not understand why a banana smoothy was greyish black and not a creamy yellow as I had, had in the past and then I realised the bananas were going off, turning black and one step from being binned. Pancakes were not on offer everyday probably only twice in the 7 days that we stayed.

Instead of walking out of a plush 5* hotel there was a make shift wall hiding the renovations so we did not have the sense of coming and going from a 5* hotel, in fact the opposite, many days there were men lounging and lying on the sofa's, one even had his leg over the top of the sofa, they looked like cyclo drivers who came in every day for a spell. We felt angry and depressed everytime we walked through the lobby, this was not what we were paying for.

During one of our walks we called into the Intercontinental for a coffee and I was stunned this is what a 5* hotel should look like.

The good thing about the Caravelle is the location, it is close to the Continental where we spent a lot of time having drinks, food and people watching. It is close to the Refinery that has excellent meals and where we had dinner 4 nights.

I understand that hotels have renovate, the Caravelle should have renovated years ago, although the renovations should have been started in the rooms and grimey corridors. The lobby was fine and the restaurant for breakfast was very modern and attractive. The hotel should have and should offer rates of $100 per night including breakfast that is all the accommodation is currently worth and renovations should be mentioned at the time of booking

Room Tip: Be aware that the hotel is renovating so there is no 5* experience
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pepper989
Bryce S, Director of Rooms at Caravelle Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2014

Dear Kass7,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed feedback following your stay in July 2014.

We welcome your comments as it is through positive criticism from guests such as yourself that gives us a chance to improve our service and standards for the future.

I was disappointed to hear that your visit did not reflect the high standards that we set for our hotel and it seems there were a few aspects that did not provide you the ultimate experience with us.
I apologize that we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit and do hope you will have the opportunity to return to the Caravelle Saigon in the not-too-distant future.