Caravelle Saigon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Continental Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Bong Sen Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
A & EM Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
Good 3.5/5
Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Silverland Inn Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Restaurant
Catina Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Park Hyatt Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Bongsen Annex Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
2,944 results
All reviewssignature loungeopera houserooftop barvietnam warpillow menuexcellent locationbreakfast buffetwithin walking distanceluxury hotelfantastic hotelthe ground floorcentral locationpark hyattan upgradethe heart of the citynotre dame cathedralpost office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here for the 3 days leading up to the Lunar New Year.

Great location - centre of the city and no issues getting taxis.

We did have a few issues, the first being that it took about 3 tries to ensure the keycard was coded correctly. After a long day out, I did not enjoy the trips back and forth from the lobby to our room.

On the eve of the lunar new year, my friend and I ventured out to district 2 for a nice dinner. I spoke to the concierge and was told I would have no issues coming back to the hotel, after hearing that the city centre can be grid locked on days like this.

After dinner, we found it was impossible to return to our hotel. After waiting for 3 hours on the skirt of town, we had to find the nearest hotel and pay a premium (apparently difficult without our passports on us) for a room. My friend had an early flight to catch the following day and we had to rush back to the Caravelle at 6am after very little rest. A bad end to the trip.

The hotel itself was fine but I had issues with some of the advice we received.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank vannie7
Bryce S, Director of Rooms at Caravelle Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Firstly, I would like to thank you for providing your feedback from your stay in January 2012. I was disappointed to read of the experience which impacted on your stay with us. I do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Caravelle in the future. We do always strive to leave our guests with positive, happy memories of the Caravelle and Ho Chi Minh City.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

2 things i remember from my trip to HCMC - bikes and the pillows in the Caravell hotel (a few types, and you can actually buy them!).
Also great breakfast, convenient location, good service.
Definitely checking in ther enext time!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Olya_Sanna

Thank you for the wonderful recap of your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the Caravelle experience and that our pillow menu left a lasting memory of your time in Ho Chi Minh City. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have stayed at the Caravelle a few times. The rooms are very well appointed, the breakfast is great, and the location can't be beat; right opposite the Opera and Dong Khoi Street.

The staff are great throughout, knowledgable, helpful, and very friendly.

I would certainly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank hannostamm

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased you have chosen to return to the Caravelle Hotel and we appreciate your business. I agree that our location is the heart of Saigon and located right next to the famous Opera House and Dong Khoi Street. Thank you for recommending the Caravelle and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Just came back from HCMC staying at Caravelle for a night.
Superb location, friendly staff, great rooms (they had very good espresso machines in the rooms), free internet. Decent breakfast. Had a few drinks after work at the Saigon Saigon on the top floor. Stayed at other 4-5 star hotels in HCMC but Caravelle is surely a great choice. If it is within your budget, book it confidence, you will have a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank atreides75

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and recommending the Caravelle to other travellers. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Well appointed for close proximity to excellent tailor, jewellery & local shopping, good restaurants & easy transport. The Caravelle I would consider to be a good 4 star Hotel, provide western-style breakfasts, offer professional and caring service and are well priced. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again if passing through for a few days.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sy61

Thank you for the recap of your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the Caravelle experience and we look forward to your return in the near future.