Royal Hotel Saigon ( Kimdo Hotel)
$168
InterContinental
Great 4.5/5
Caravelle Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$307
$296
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$109
$92
  • Pool
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$108
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Majestic Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$130
$102
Trip.com
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$248
$240
Excellent 5/5
Duc Vuong Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$33
$28
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Park Hyatt Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$294
$288
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Villa Song Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$189
$185
Orbitz.com
Excellent 5/5
Sherwood Residence(Ho Chi Minh City)
$153
$147
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationroyal cafeswimming poolwalking distancebreakfast buffetfamily roomtourist spotsrooms are spaciousthe heart of the cityopera houseben thanh markethotel staffsmall hotelsaigonstreetsupermarketdistrict
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The Kimdo is well situated on Nguyen Hue Ave in central Saigon... yes, the city center is still called Saigon and its only the city and surrounds which was renamed Ho Chi Minh. The rooms vary in quality and very few rooms have a decent view. Views from lower level rooms seem to cover the rusting roofs or an interior shaft..looking across into other rooms. The staff have always been friendly and helpful but the breakfasts are pretty poor and basic items like fruit juice are served unchilled with ice only appearing well after breakfast is started. It is rated as 4 star but I think this is a star too high. Next door to the Kimdo is a building known as Thuong Xa Tax and this is a department store with plenty of shops to browse through. There is a supermarket on the first floor in which you can buy drinks and snacks well below the prices charged in the hotel mini bars.

Room Tip: Try for a high room... lower rooms do not have views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Garry A
Reviewed April 23, 2012

the dinning room felf like 1975 saigon ,great , good choice of food for breakfast , karaoke noisy untill 11pm next door ,plenty of russians to complete the feel of timewarp vietnam ,hotel dated but not out of place ,happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: as you stand in front of hotel choose left side to avoid compulsary karaoke
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed at the Kimdo for the second time on our tour in Vietnam and again we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is in a really great position and the staff are great and very friendly. We were on the 7th floor on both occasions.

Our room was large and although the bathroom was on the small size it was more than adequate with plentiful supply of toiletries.The room was clean as was the bedding. We had free wifi access in the room.

Breakfast was plentiful with good choices. The coffee was very good.

I used the swimming pool and had a relaxing massage at discount rates as a guest of the hotel.

Reception was efficient and the reception staff most helpful.

Would defititely stay there again and would recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room on the 7th floor or above
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulscan1
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Although the hotel is rated as a 4-star property, it is rather old. I was not too impressed when I arrived, it has a 70s look and feel. Check-in was prompt and quick. It has an excellent location, very centrally located. I came across cockroaches in my room and found it difficult to sleep at night for fear of more cockroaches appearing. When you draw the curtain, the window looks out to a brick wall. Service from the Front Desk staff was also rather disappointing. I was expecting to be picked up from my hotel at 7.45am the next morning and had been waiting in the lobby since 7.30am, I approached a female staff at the Reception to seek her assistance to contact them, here I was, an English speaking person, and she talked to me in a manner as if I understood very little English. Throughout my stay, I found the staff to be very unfriendly and not helpful. I had also enquired on the location of a spa I came across online and was asking for assistance on how I could get there. Rather than advise me, the gentleman was strongly recommending another spa for me to try, he wasted no time with making an appt for me. On my way out of the hotel, I found a spa located just 2 doors away from the hotel and decided to explore on my own. I cannot understand why they would recommend a spa located further away when there was one just a hop and a skip away. I eventually tried the spa 2 doors away, Glow Spa and the service and quality of the massage was excellent. Overall, I was disappointed with Kimdo Hotel and would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This hotel was booked for me through ICS as part of the overall programme they cobbled together for me, I would not have selected myself if I had have used tripadvisor and read the comments, and as a result I cannot comment on value for money. However, I checked in and the staff were friendly enough ... I arrived at the room tipped the bellman and popped my bags down, the bellman had not explained anything about the hotel so I opened the guide on the desk and out ran two cockroaches ... eewwww I sat on the bad (in fright) and out from under the cover on the floor ran more cockroaches ... I rang downstairs and explained I wanted out of room as there were cockroaches to be told there was none available, I then said I was checking out (they did not seem to think roaches were a problem) after much back and forwards with reception not really understanding english I made my way downstairs ... when I said I was leaving I was promptly shown a second room (almost next door to the previous one), when I explained that the roaches could make there way across the hall to my room they totally refused to believe this ... then guess what ... out pops a roach ... so now I say I want to move, and they say they can move me to a separate area of the hotel but as it is a better room I will have to pay extra ... I then say I am checking out again, and am told I can have the first night in the upgraded room at no charge .. I then try and explain that I am not paying extra for a room if it is impossible for me to stay in the original one ... wifi access is apparantley also free so I open the ipad in lobby to try and find another hotel ... guess what wifi not working ... then I am sent to the business centre where guess what ... internet is not working ... I pop down the road to Rex hotel, use their wifi to find a hotel (it is tet) and book elsewhere ... I have to also say when I am sitting in the lobby attempting to use the internet I have the manager at reception telling me I have to stay, there are no rooms anywhere in HCMC because of tet, I will never find another room ... very very annoying ... I am still attempting a refund through the hotel and / or ICS ..... avoid avoid avoid (oooh I have to agree with the other readers that the location is amazing .... but all the hotels in the area are in a wonderful location)

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo