“Terrific hotel, great location, wonderful service”

Saigon Prince Hotel
Ranked #60 of 454 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Bangkok, Thailand
“Terrific hotel, great location, wonderful service”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

My second visit to Duxton. Wonderful location, easy walk to central District 1 attractions, shops and restaurants.

Very efficient hotel, the staff went out of their way to correct a few minor glitches.

Very nice, quiet room with great TV channels.

Breakfast buffet is good.

But two complaints:

Hotel charges for in-room internet (free in lobby). Why? Seems petty, when you consider that in Hanoi hotels in the $30 range not only offer free internet, but also have full computers in the rooms.

And room service charges are too expensive - feel like getting ripped off.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Duxton for a few days in May 2011. We had a very positive first impression, the foyer and the bar area looked very neat and elegant and the check in staff welcomed us very warmly. We had a deluxe room, which was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was also very clean (cleanliness is very important for me!). Water bottles were replaced daily free of charge, even if a sign above the bathroom sink was stating that tap water was safe to drink (we still didn't dare trying it!). The buffet breakfast vas very scrumptious, a lot of choices both sweet and savoury and I particularly loved the fruit salad, very fresh and with a lot of delicious dragon fruit. The pastries were also delicious.
My husband and I loved the piano bar opposite the reception area - we truly enjoyed sipping a cocktail while listening to the piano player before heading out for dinner.
The position of the hotel was another plus - walking distance from a lot of markets, including the famous Ben Thanh Markets, department stores, tailors and restaurants.
My only downside: one of the nights we were there, there was a lot of noise and loud music coming from a club just beside the hotel (it was a Saturday night). It was not a major annoyance and it only happened on one night, but if you think this may bother you, you may ask for a room overlooking the front of the hotel (our room was overlooking the back, just where the club was). We really loved the place and we will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the front of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We organized an event in Duxton in the end of this Sep, we chose Duxton among other hotels but unexpectedly, it's a bad choice. None of what they confirmed have been done. Food is placed in tables with no table cloths, also, there is no tables cloths for any of the standing tables!! We were really mad but the sales persons are not working on sat, no one is responsible for it, when talking thru phone, she (Ai) insisted that she has told us that there were no table cloths for their standing tables. Do you think if she tell us about this, will we still place the order? We spent 2000+usd for that one dinner only, and did not get any satisfaction, not at all! No technician is there to take care of the sound system, we had to look for them to ask the for background music, which was already communicated before to the sale person. The food is not bad but the way they display look so packed, it's placed in one corner of the room only. The room is too big so it looked uneven. We ordered free flow of wine, but there is no wine station in the room, which is acceptable, however, service staff just walked around to serve drinks at the first 20 mins, after that, they disappeared! My guests ran out of drinks and they could not see any staff.
I don't recommend this hotel for function organizing.
I booked 1 room there to stay after the dinner. I should have listened to my boss to stay in Caravel, but I thought it's more convenient to stay in the same hotel. Again, it's a bad choice.
The front desk staff talked to me as if I was his friend. I got so angry and requested for checking out immediately, you know what he said? He said he could see from my profile that I'm younger than him, so he treat me as his friend ! I checked out that night at 11pm, I have no mood to stay there at all. The staffs here all have prob with the way they work. I will never come back, even if I'm invited.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank LoweenHa
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I stayed at the Duxton for three nights on business, in a deluxe twin room. Two single beds were comfortable without being outstanding, pillows the first night were very hard but swapped for sone softer ones the next day. Room amenities were good, complimentary bottled water replenished each day was good. Very old tv though with small channel selection. Bathroom was a good size no complaints.

Lobby bar is a really good spot to cool down after a day out, very attentive staff and reasonable prices for a hotel bar.

Breakfast was very good, wide selection of Asian and western options with an egg chef for beautiful omelettes etc. Overall no complaints.

Best thing about this hotel is it's location, easy walking to all attractions, also close to great restaurants (try the temple club, or the rooftop at the Sheraton).

Overall no complaints, good solid effort!

• Stayed September 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I normally stay here when I visit HCMC. The rooms are comfortable enough. But what I really like about this hotel is the room service. The food quality is excellent. I highly recommend the burger. Really, really good. Location is pretty good. Ask for directions to the Drunken Duck for an after work beverage.

Good value for money in HCMC.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Lugano
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Hv been there several times. It looks in Saigon best deal for a four star hotel. You may be elsewhere in town and spend double price for a similar accomodation. I have been a few others hotels but Duxton remains my favourite. Rooms are spacious, breakfast is very very good with wide choices and readily ccoked eggs and omelettes. Service is fair, check in quick, and staff is kind enough. Location is quite good and near other hotels and western style shops and restaurants.
Business center is very equipped, however the bad side is they speak little english and .. costs are crazy. One has better look outside for anything may need.
Saigon is not an attractive city, for me, and Duxton is a cool oasis in the moist hot and dusty Saigon.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Carlo S
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2011

the hotel its self was ok great location too. Good breakfast too. My only complaint was the room.It was a bit dated which I dont really mind if its clean. The room smelt damp and musty.All other hotels I stopped in had lovely bedding Criisp white linen and silk duvets. This had damp sheets , then an old blanket and another sheet. The chair felt almost wet so could not sit in it. Old fashioned t.v. and small.Bath had rust marks chips in it which had been touched up with paint.A few hairs in it too. However the water was piping hot.All the controls for lights and air con were from the bedside table which was grotty and had seen better days. The walls very thin, I could hear the person in the next room answer his phone, toilet flushing , bath running and talking. Would not stay again. My clothes I left out to wear also felt damp.Really dreary room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple