“Terrible Lunch and Services” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers

Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers
Ranked #27 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Terrible Lunch and Services”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

- I have lunch at Saigon Cafe this afternoon and during lunch I found a "short wavy hair" - (a hair from a part of human body maybe under dress, not on head). I send it to the Assistant restaurant manager, he came to see what happen and take my sushi dish out right away, a minute later he come with a new dish and give a very unacceptable apologize to me "a sushi dish was send to the kitchen for investigate" and "I'm so sorry about that" with a very unkind face. My team was shock with the food and feel not hygiene anymore, we don't take any sushi and any food around the buffet counter. :(
- I wrote a letter send to Hotel D.M which I have to say and what I wanna respect, a few hour later when I left the hotel, a phone call was send to me from the hotel but I received the same apology and a none responsibility from the kitchen team, the caller just make sure no more any cases happen again :(
- The restaurant manager call me an hour later but have the same responding to me too, I was very unsatisfied with my first time at this hotel. :(
- No any five stars hotel treat a customer like this. :(

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Calvinhiep
SheratonSaigon H, online marketing at Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Calvinhiep,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your experience at Saigon Café.

It concerns us greatly that your experience with your food and the way your concerns were handled has left a negative impression of our hotel. Whilst we strive to deliver operational excellence, I sincerely apologize that on this occasion we failed in our delivery to meet your expectations. Rest assured I have addressed these issues with our Food and Beverage Department and we will continue to address them through our ongoing quality training programs.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will again return to Saigon Café as this will enable to show you that this isolated incident is not indicative of the usually high level of product and service we offer.

Yours sincerely

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

It is a very nice hotel in general and service is excellent. The top floor bar is a must because it offers great views of Saigon. The pool and fitness center are also very well kept and enjoyable. Location is also great. So my only comment and the reason I didn´t give it a 5 star rating is because compared to other Sheratons I have stayed, this one seems to have been stuck in the 80's in terms of room's design. Don´t get me wrong, everything was impeccable and luxurious but a little bit tacky in my personal opinion. I am not a design expert nor aficionado but the bedroom didn´t feel modern. Át the end it really didn´t affect my stay, everything was perfect. So unless you are a design expert you would most likely not be bothered.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Fgrajal,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for sharing your experiences.

We are glad to know that our associates were able to meet your expectations and that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us. We have also noted your comments on our hotel’s design and we will address this through our ongoing quality maintenance programs.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers!

Best wishes,

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Sheraton is in a good location it is walking distance from a few shopping malls and is close to the shopping strips.

Breakfast selection is huge and you will find something that suits you whether it be Asian or western food.

Hotel rooms are good, but a bit dated and tired looking. However, room is clean and tidy. Only issue I have is that there is no free in room Internet. To access free Internet and not pay the ridiculous fees Sheraton wants to charge you, I recommend going up to the roof top bar or down at the lobby.

Swimming pool and gym facilities were good. However, it is lacking a sauna and heat pool.

On check out we also encountered a dodge taxi driver who say their meter wasn't working going to the airport. Do not accept this type of excuse and ask to go back to the hotel. A lot of taxi drivers will try and exploit you as they are picking you up from a 4-5 star hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonSaigon H, online marketing at Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear bevisaurus,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your stay.

We are delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers.

While we charge for in room internet, we actually provide complimentary internet for all our hotel guests at the Link@Sheraton located in the hotel lobby as well as in all our Food and Beverage venues. We would like to note as well that we have a sauna inside the Sheraton Fitness and Swimming pool changing room. I apologize if our associates did not proactively mention this you when you visited the swimming pool and the gym.

Once again thank you and we hope to see you again here at the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers on your next visit to Ho Chi Minh City.

Best regards,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

2 days ago, I make used of their business centres in club floor for meeting and were told that the charge is usd 25 nett per hr excluding refreshment. When the billed came, it was itemised as usd50 for meeting room plus vnd 240K or usd 12 for refreshment and I charged it to my room or usd 62 in total. During check-out, I was presented a total bill of usd 200 and when i demanded to see the invoice that i signed off, they used a liquid eraser to blank off the total sum and overwrite a sum of vnd 3.5 million! I never felt so ripped off in my life. Im a gold member of starwood and have always stay in sheraton. But this bad experience will lead me think twice before I return to stay again.
My experience with the club floor is bad. The club floor room needs refurbishing with very old carpet and poor lightings. and the breakfast spread is poor. When I asked for fried eggs they recommend me to go for the main breakfast area in the lobby. I paid a premium to stay in the club floor and yet the service is mediocre and worst, the staff is dishonest.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Jeff L
SheratonSaigon H, online marketing at Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Jeff L,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience here at the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers.

It concerns us greatly that as a valued SPG Gold Member, you’ve left our shores with a negative impression of our hotel, in particular, the incorrect amount charged for the meeting room and the way your bill was presented. Whilst we strive to deliver operational excellence, I acknowledge that on this occasion, we failed miserably in our delivery. Rest assured I have seriously addressed this issue with involved associate and we will continue to address this through our ongoing quality training programs to avoid the same mistake from happening again.

Jeff L, thank you once again and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. When next your travel plans bring you back to Ho Chi Minh City, we hope you will once again return to the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers as this will enable us to show you that this isolated incident is not indicative of the usually high level of service we offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel (in the Tower level only) had the very best club level happy hour/dinner. They actually have a chef cooking several different meals (not snacks) during the 5:30-8:00 happy hour and also had a couple of other hot items on the buffet as well as the normal desserts and cold canapes. The breakfast buffet in the main dining room is also excellent, one of the best, with wide range of all types of foods. You will not go hungry. It is located in the best location just a few blocks from the opera house and the main western shopping centers. A nice swimming pool and gym, but not much of a sauna area. The suite room was very nice and large. If club levels are important to you stay herein the Towers instead of anywhere else including Park Hyatt.

Room Tip: Definitely stay in Towers
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JDK,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your great feedback.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we truly appreciate your kind comments regarding your experience in our Grand Tower Lounge and Saigon Cafe.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers in the near future.

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Spent 5 nights here in early October. Staff is faultless in their level of service and friendliness. Bar on top has spectacular view - and (word to consumers)potent cocktails, no lack of liquor in the house specials. The buffet restaurant has extensive choices and much better food than one might expect. We had reason to utilize the house emergency medical service and it was superlative in the extreme. Accurate, lightning fast, cost effective. This property does not have the feel of old Saigon (few do now)but rather reflects the direction the city and country is moving in. The location is perfect for walking or cyclo exploration of the city. Rooms were bigger than I might have expected and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new tower are better than old tower. New tower also comes with complimentary afternoon...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sally R,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay with us this October.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay our associates were able to assist you and meet your expectations. We also happy than you enjoyed our Food and Beverage services in Saigon Café and at the Level 23 Wine Bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers in the near future.

Best wishes,

Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

What can I say about this wonderful hotel??? Being a Lifetime Platinum Member, my standards for any Starwood property are quite high, and so for me to actually write a review about a particular one, it must be exceptional, and this one is. The club floor is to die for, with a wonderful lounge, great breakfast, and the most gracious and accommodating of staff. The rooms are very large and very clean, and extremely reasonably priced. Per my Platinum status, I was upgraded to a suite that made the stay even more memorable. Even had the Asst Mgr come up and walk me down when I checked out. My only complaint was that they do not have the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. But then again, neither does the Sheraton in Maui. Starwood needs to come and observe what they are doing here, and replicate it across the brand! have stayed in hotels for way more money, and didn't get nearly the service and experience as here. Passing through again in a week, and can't wait to stay there for a night on my way home!

Room Tip: Splurge for an Executive Suite. Well worth it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank welllll
Dear welll,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

As a valued SPG Lifetime Platinum member, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our associates, especially our Club Lounge Butlers, were able to meet your expectations. We are truly honored to receive such great feedback from you.

With regards to your concerns regarding the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, we are actually in the process of replacing our existing linen with the new White Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed specifications and you may experience this on your return next week.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers.

Warm regards,