“What I expected and them some!”

Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers
Ranked #29 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed September 2, 2013

At end of August 2013 we stayed at the Sheraton Saigon for a couple of nights. The Sheraton is smack in the middle of the business district at a manageable distance from some of the city’s tourist sites and markets. My wife and I stayed in one of the Executive Rooms (floor 21) from where you have great views of the expanding city and the river (at least the rooms facing SE). The business center is also located on the 21st floor and they have a more intimate setting for the business traveler to check in and tending to any of your needs. The business center on the 21st floor (I think they have more than one business center) provides with small conference rooms and drinks and snacks all day in addition to full breakfast and happy hour with heavy hors d'oeuvres and drinks starting at 5PM. If you stay on any of the executive floors all your needs, from checking in until checking out , are tended to by the staff on that floor. Every interaction we had with them was more than pleasant. They must have chosen the kindest and best trained staff to manage that floor. The hotel staff went well beyond their call of duty when needed (learn about my “incident” below)

The room was definitely a 5-Star facility in my book. Ample space, supplying all the extras that we needed during our stay and being just a short walk away from the executive center it was as if having a huge extension to your room.

The hotel’s location is perfect to meet business and pleasure needs when in HCMC. The building itself has enough entertainment to keep you going (if you can afford the brand-name stores in the premises), but just a step away from the front doors there are many restaurants and stores available to keep you entertained. There is a small pool on the 7th floor but the building is being surrounded by high-rises so if sun is what you’re looking for, maybe this may not be the place as it is shaded for the most part of the day.

The restaurant on the 1st floor provides the full buffet breakfast which is sufficiently extensive to meet just about anyone’s needs. And if you are still missing something you can ask the many servers and cooks that are always ready to help with any special requests.

The “incident” that I referred to happened to me walking in front of the Saigon Opera around 8:30PM one evening. As I stepped out of a Citibank ATM I stood under a canopy near the Opera building. Two young “women” riding a motorcycle stopped right in front of me. One got off the bike and approached me a little too aggressively for my taste. As I was distracted protecting the front part of my body, he (by this time I figured that the “she” was more than likely a “he”) reached my back pocket and stole my wallet. I realized it only seconds later as he fled in the bike with his partner. The security staff at the hotel was very apologetic and helpful even though it had nothing to do with the hotel at all. They helped me made a few calls to the US to cancel my credit cards and later on took me to the police to translate for me as I filed the report. This could happen in any city and in some that I know it wouldn’t have been only my pocket that got hurt but nevertheless the shock of it and the logistic of how to move on would have been tougher had it not been for the helpful staff at the Sheraton. My sincere appreciation to Mr Vu ho, Ms Ngan Nguyen and the others at the Sheraton.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonSaigon H, online marketing at Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Orlando,

Thank you for the time that you had taken to write a review regarding your stay at Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers.

We are delighted to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our location, your hotel room and the level of customer service provided by our Associates.

Your kind comments have been shared with the team to recognize their efforts.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not to distant future.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (2,168)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have been in Saigon more than 10 times and I have been in other nice hotels, but according my personal experience the Sheraton is the best where I have been. The city centre location is perfect, rooms and lounges are top class and the service is extremely attentif. Finally prices are reasonably good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Not recommended especially to elite spg members
Days prior to our arrival, we tried contacting the hotel regarding our late arrival few times over emails and no one ever gotten back to us. This was just a beginning.
Upon check-in, no recognition as a Platinum beside the front staff saying "you're platinum?" and that's where it ends. Asked if there's any suite upgrade available, and was asked to pay $88 per night extra!? (They absolutely have no obligation to upgrade us I understand, but they should not ask for more money either) We were then told we were upgraded to a deluxe studio, when we got to our room, it was the room category we originally booked for, probably just on a better floor I hope.

We then headed to the club lounge to 'unwind' after a long flight, and we were shocked how tiny it was. There was no table available, packed, and guests were staring at us making us extremely uncomfortable. None of the staffs there was available to assist us.

We try to be a loyal spg guest due to the benefits and recognition it provides, but we never felt welcomed at this hotel. We do not recommend this hotel especially to elite status spg members and we will not be back. But if you are not an elite SPG member and was able to snatch a room for a great rate, you should give this hotel a try. Overall, this is not a bad hotel, just my experience during the stay was way below my expectations.

Food quality was mediocre but priced high, spa was average, location was superb.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
SheratonSaigon H, online marketing at Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear IVsystem,

Thank you for your valuable comment and we are concerned that we failed to meet your expectations.

Whilst we continually strive for Operational Excellence, we are sorry for not meeting your expectations. We have noted your comments regarding the service you encountered at the hotel. We have raised this feedback with our Front Office team and we will address it through our ongoing quality training.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

i would rate it as 4.5 stars as the buffet breakfast was excellent, the staff were attentive although we did have a bit of confusion over which set of lifts to use on our arrival wich could have been handled better, the location of the hotel was within easy walking to much of the city so overall we had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night here but the room looks very very old. Staff said that the rooms in tower are very nice n new.
Any how they upgrade me the exe. Suite at the begining and changed to club studio. I guess it also made me disappointed as well. With this rate, I rather will choose InterCon or Sofitel next time.
But I would like to point out that staff and the bed were great!

• Stayed: August 2013
SheratonSaigon H, online marketing at Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear JJO12,

Thank you for taking your time to post the comments. We are concerned to see that you had a less than perfect experience with us this time.

We would like to recommend the next time you visit you try our Grand Tower room, which offer a very spacious and contemporary style of room. In addition our Grand Tower experience includes access to the magnificent Grand Tower Lounge, which offers many enticing benefits.
Once again we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your feedback. When next your travel plans bring you back to Ho Chi Minh City, we trust you will once again return to the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers as this will enable us to show you that this isolated incident is not indicative of the usually high level of service we offer.

Warm regards

Corina Black,

Director of Sales and Marketing.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great hotel, lovely service in the Club Lounge. Rooms in the main building slightly dated, the Towers must be modern and even better.
The breakfast was great at Cafe Saigon. Should run a bit longer than 10:00, almost missed it two days in a row. Will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear JonesHeinz.

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will once again stay with us on your next visit to Ho Chi Minh City.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers.

Corina Black,

Reviewed August 13, 2013

i have stayed for 3 nights on a business trip. Its location is excellent in district 1 and at the centre of the city.The room size is very good and all amenities are good. It is very close to cruise area and almost all best places are very nearby. It is surrounded by a branded shopping area and hotel itself has GUESS , MILANO and others shops. The wifi provided in lobby runs at good speed. The restaurant ambience and food quality and spread is good. The Disco at 23rd floor is just too good.

Room Tip: Swimming pool facing