At end of August 2013 we stayed at the Sheraton Saigon for a couple of nights. The Sheraton is smack in the middle of the business district at a manageable distance from some of the city’s tourist sites and markets. My wife and I stayed in one of the Executive Rooms (floor 21) from where you have great views of the expanding city and the river (at least the rooms facing SE). The business center is also located on the 21st floor and they have a more intimate setting for the business traveler to check in and tending to any of your needs. The business center on the 21st floor (I think they have more than one business center) provides with small conference rooms and drinks and snacks all day in addition to full breakfast and happy hour with heavy hors d'oeuvres and drinks starting at 5PM. If you stay on any of the executive floors all your needs, from checking in until checking out , are tended to by the staff on that floor. Every interaction we had with them was more than pleasant. They must have chosen the kindest and best trained staff to manage that floor. The hotel staff went well beyond their call of duty when needed (learn about my “incident” below)
The room was definitely a 5-Star facility in my book. Ample space, supplying all the extras that we needed during our stay and being just a short walk away from the executive center it was as if having a huge extension to your room.
The hotel’s location is perfect to meet business and pleasure needs when in HCMC. The building itself has enough entertainment to keep you going (if you can afford the brand-name stores in the premises), but just a step away from the front doors there are many restaurants and stores available to keep you entertained. There is a small pool on the 7th floor but the building is being surrounded by high-rises so if sun is what you’re looking for, maybe this may not be the place as it is shaded for the most part of the day.
The restaurant on the 1st floor provides the full buffet breakfast which is sufficiently extensive to meet just about anyone’s needs. And if you are still missing something you can ask the many servers and cooks that are always ready to help with any special requests.
The “incident” that I referred to happened to me walking in front of the Saigon Opera around 8:30PM one evening. As I stepped out of a Citibank ATM I stood under a canopy near the Opera building. Two young “women” riding a motorcycle stopped right in front of me. One got off the bike and approached me a little too aggressively for my taste. As I was distracted protecting the front part of my body, he (by this time I figured that the “she” was more than likely a “he”) reached my back pocket and stole my wallet. I realized it only seconds later as he fled in the bike with his partner. The security staff at the hotel was very apologetic and helpful even though it had nothing to do with the hotel at all. They helped me made a few calls to the US to cancel my credit cards and later on took me to the police to translate for me as I filed the report. This could happen in any city and in some that I know it wouldn’t have been only my pocket that got hurt but nevertheless the shock of it and the logistic of how to move on would have been tougher had it not been for the helpful staff at the Sheraton. My sincere appreciation to Mr Vu ho, Ms Ngan Nguyen and the others at the Sheraton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City’s vibrant business and entertainment district on the famous Dong Khoi street. Just a short walk from celebrated sites, including the Opera House, Ben Thanh Market, and Reunification Palace, we also offer easy access to our pool, fitness center, luxury restaurants and corporate offices. Stay and relax in one of 485 stylishly appointed rooms or suites featuring Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience and enjoy views overlooking Ho Chi Minh city or the Saigon River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Saigon Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Sheraton