We stayed at the Ho Chi Minh City Sheraton for 5 days in June 2013……it is a vast establishment…with two buildings……there’s a number of restaurants….the Sunday night after we arrived there were huge buffets on the 2nd and 3 floor restaurants…one was oriental, the other western and both buffets were well patronized. As we had been travelling we settled for liquid refreshment and snacks on the upper floor executive lounge….with a sweeping view of the rapidly growing Ho Chi Minh city below.
Our room was enormous complete with a spacious bathroom, and again we had an enchanting vista of the city. The television service was excellent with entertainment and news channels which included Al Jazeera, the BBC and CNN. The wi-fi connection was very fast and included with our room rate.
On the first floor we were told there is a small casino (we didn’t go there for risk of temptation)……there’s a neat swimming pool and work out gym….and on the top floor of one of the two buildings a night club with a resident international pop group…..and nearby also on the top floor is a bar with an outdoor area providing an uncluttered view of Ho Chi Minh City.
We were honoured to meet up with a good friend Scott Hodgetts the GM of the Sheraton Ho Chi Minh City who gave us some splendid info about this beautiful city.
And within walking distance of the Sheraton (even for my Daddy) there is there are some magnificent French colonial buildings……I spotted some Art Deco structures….and the most beautiful is the Saigon Opera House…in that area a scene from the most recent “The Quiet American” was filmed. And a little further along one of the main boulevards, is the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office which has an association in design with Gustav Eiffel.
The streets of the city are kept clean, the buildings beautifully restored, but there are lots of motorbikes so do not walk too fast when crossing the road……
From the Sheraton we took taxi rides also to the War Remnants Museum and the Ho Chi Minh City Zoo.
The Sheraton Ho Chi Minh City was so enjoyable that we did not want to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City’s vibrant business and entertainment district on the famous Dong Khoi street. Just a short walk from celebrated sites, including the Opera House, Ben Thanh Market, and Reunification Palace, we also offer easy access to our pool, fitness center, luxury restaurants and corporate offices. Stay and relax in one of 485 stylishly appointed rooms or suites featuring Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience and enjoy views overlooking Ho Chi Minh city or the Saigon River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Saigon Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Sheraton