My wife and I stayed here for our 5th Wedding anniversary and were pleasantly surprised to have to occasion noted by flowers and champagne of arrival - nice touch, even at US$400 per night..
We stayed in the Towers so this review relates to that area of the hotel, not the main building, although some features are common.
The room was a nice large suite - not much of a view as we were facing other tall buildings so if you want a view of the river, you would need to ask for it. The room was perfectly fitted and equipped with all amenities one would expect - Wifi was free (not so fast though and limited to three handsets). We really have no problems with the room at all - it was more or less perfact as was the service to the room - both room service and housekeeping. Everything we asked for was promptly delivered. The room standard was par excellence.
The lounge, which we used for breakfast and snacks was also fine and provided everything we wanted.
I have only two problems with this hotel. First (and this is common to Vietnam in general) you do not get a sense of instant friendliness and warmth. Service is fine but not particularly friendly or personal like you would get in an Asian hotel in the Philippines or Thailand for example. Its not agression or anything like that - just a certain coldness of approach.
The second problem is their signature restaurant - 23- or something like that. Food is actually quite good but the room smells dank and service is sadly poor. The attached photo shows the special cake they made for us for our 5th anniversary - a few sweeties on a plate but I suppose its the thought that counts. Great views over the city, though, if you can get a widow seat !
My conclusion - a good but not a great hotel (with the exception of our suite) but please Sheraton Saigon, try to instil a little more friendliness and warmth in your staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City’s vibrant business and entertainment district on the famous Dong Khoi street. Just a short walk from celebrated sites, including the Opera House, Ben Thanh Market, and Reunification Palace, we also offer easy access to our pool, fitness center, luxury restaurants and corporate offices. Stay and relax in one of 485 stylishly appointed rooms or suites featuring Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience and enjoy views overlooking Ho Chi Minh city or the Saigon River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Starwood APAC, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Saigon Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Sheraton