“Centrally Located and Great Service”

Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers
Ranked #28 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Chennai (Madras), India
“Centrally Located and Great Service”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is located in the centre of a shopping district, surrounded by great art galleries, boutiques, restaurants and the Market. All within walking distance.
The rooms are decent and spacious with a great shower.Staff are pleasant and service efficient.
The food quality good and with free wifi in the lobby, the lounge there is a popular spot to get a drink and a snack.

Room Tip: The hotel has an offer at times for upgrade to superior category rooms which includes free breakfast...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SheratonSaigon H, online marketing at Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear fivestarholidays,

Thank you for wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Hotel.

We are delighted to know that you had such enjoyable stay with us in terms of service quality, accommodation and great food. Rest assured, we will share this comment and praise to our Associates to let them know that their efforts have been recognized by our guests as this will encourage them to strive further in delivering exceptional service and creating a memorable experience to all our guests.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards,

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel impressed me upon they niceness of the hotel. It certainly did not fail to amaze me. The hotel had decoration that was in line with the moon cake festival which was nice. On top of that, they had a space where there are computers for people surf the net, work or do anything.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
SheratonSaigon H, online marketing at Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Tr1x1eNg,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, which have been shared with the entire team. Believe me, positive comments such as yours help to maintain and improve performance in a large hotel such as ours. We look forward to welcoming you back at a future date.

Best regards,

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I recently returned from a six night stay at the Sheraton Towers, and I must say I really loved this hotel. This was my first visit to Saigon (and hopefully not my last!), and while there seem to be plenty of great hotel options, I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else after staying here. I stayed in the Grand Tower, in a studio with club lounge access. The room was outstanding, if far too much space for a solo traveller. It had a bedroom, work area, and another separate living room area (plus two bathrooms!). All the furnishings were what I would expect from a top notch hotel in Asia (or frankly, anywhere else in the world).

I normally don't bother with lounge access when I'm travelling, but at this Sheraton I would absolutely pay for it again. You really could eat all your meals in the lounge for free if you so desired. They have a small but adequate breakfast buffet, snacks consisting of desserts, mini sandwiches, and other finger foods all day, and happy hour with sushi, more snacks, some made-to-order hot items, and free beer, wine and hard liquor. All the food was great, the staff was friendly, and there is free wifi in the lounge (although my room package also had wifi included). I've seen many lounges in Asian hotels which are empty, desolate places where, even if they offer some snacks and drinks, you just wouldn't want to spend any time there. Not so with the Sheraton lounge; it was comfortable and welcoming.

What really stood out for me at this hotel was, as others have mentioned, the service. I've travelled a fair amount in China and Japan (and also in Europe and the US), and I think it's safe to say that in China especially, they don't really "get" service on the level that Westerners expect from a premium property. I find China has some amazingly beautiful 5-star properties, and they usually have 2-star service (if that). The Sheraton Saigon fortunately doesn't suffer that fate. All the staff here were extremely helpful, from the registration desk to the lounge staff to the bartenders at the Level 23 nightclub and wine bar. It was a pleasant stay just because of the great room and the lounge, but the staff made it all the more wonderful.

I can whole-heartedly recommend this hotel, and I will absolutely stay here again on my next visit to Saigon.

Room Tip: I think the Grand Tower is worth the price premium, although I haven't seen the rooms in the oth...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear p_sf,

Thank you for these very warm and positive comments about the rooms and service at Sheraton Saigon. It gives us great pleasure to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us. At Sheraton Saigon we make service our number one priority and trust that this is what distinguishes us from many other hotels.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I recently delivered a training program at this hotel and stayed there for 5 nights. The hotel staff are very responsive to any request you have. They also follow-up after providing advice to see if it worked for you. The concierge staff were always helpful in providing directions. The facilities are top notch including the pool, fitness center, and conference rooms. The restaurant on the 1st floor has a good choice of food from a buffet perspective. I ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner there at least once during my 5 day stay. The room was clean and big (I stayed on the SPG floor) with a nice view of the river. I easily recommend you stay at this hotel if you would like to visit Ho Chi Minh. The hotel is located in the center of Ho Chi Minh and close to the major shopping malls and theatre.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear atime4pleasure,

We were delighted to hear that you had such a great stay with us at Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers. It was especially nice to hear about your positive interactions with our service associates and, in particular, with our very helpful concierge team. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel's facilities.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Pretty expensive for the quality of service you expect from a Sheraton. We stayed two nights and we found our room outdated and even that old rotten smell we noticed in some public areas as in the corridor of our floor and the way up to the bar on the 23 floor. Breakfast display is ok but nothing spectacular and we had better options during our trip in Vietnam.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Katryn S,

Thank you for your comments. Rest assured, we are very concerned that, on this occasion, we failed to meet your expectations.

We have noted your concerns regarding the condition of your room and raised the issue with housekeeping as well as those responsible for the ongoing maintenance program. At Sheraton Saigon we are constantly updating and maintaining rooms andwe regret that you had a less than satisfactory experience on this occasion.

We hope that, should you return to Ho Chi Minh City, you will stay with us again to enable us to show you that this isolated incident is not indicative of the usually high level of accommodation and service we offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely

Yankton, South Dakota
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Good location and friendly staff. My club king room was spacious, clean and provided a great work space with the right tech hookups. The multi-cultural breakfast buffet is as good as anywhere I have stayed. The hotel is a nice retreat in a very diverse neighborhood which ranges from upscale Bitexco Financial Tower to some very rough properties. I would highly recommend the hotel for anyone staying in the city center. The only downside is that wifi in the room is an extra. I would expect that as a standard offering in a hotel of this quality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SheratonSaigon H, Director of Sales at Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Tazmansd,

It was a pleasure to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently. We greatly appreciate your recognition to the effort that our associates extended in making your stay as comfortable as possible.

Thank you again for your valued feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel.

Best regards,

Director of Sales & Marketing
JasmineHolidays
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Sorry - want to be as positive as I can - so here are the positives. Location is fabulous - right in the heart of things - couldn't really be better. Staff seem very pleasant and helpful. They did check me in to an occupied room which had the potential for embarassment but was dealt with swiftly, so no problems. They make a half decent capuccino in the lobby lounge (but for the price it should be!). I had a spacious room and the bed was super comfy. That's where the good stuff ends. Not that the rest is especially bad - it just feels a little bit like a time warp back to 1985. On the face of it breakfast was OK until you notice the furniture looks like it hasn't been updated for the last 30 years. I don't know - if you stay at a Sheraton you know what you're going to get - cheesy lobby lounge music, grand lobby, dated decor, $15 a day for in room internet access. Well anyway, 3 out of 5 it is. If that's what you're aiming for - that's what you get - average. (They'll say that they're aiming for blah blah blah). Well aim higher - there's bound to be more competition soon.

Dear JasmineHolidays,

Thank you for taking time to post valuable comments with us.

We appreciate your positive comments regarding our location and the services you received while you were here.

Whilst we continually strive for Operational Excellence, we are sorry for not meeting your expectations. We have noted your comments regarding the condition of hotel facilities and rest assured, we have raised this issue with our management and we will address it through our ongoing quality training and maintenance programs.

When next your travel plans bring you back to Ho Chi Minh City, we trust you will once again return to the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers as this will enable us to show you that this isolated incident is not indicative of the usually high level of service we offer.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers in the future so that we can extend our warm hospitality.

Warmest regards,