We returned from HCMC from a 3 day sightseeing visit and stayed at the Sheraton in early December. The overall stay was very enjoyable and the hotel was a good example of a well run place with very helpful staff well trained to deliver excellent customer service.
We arrived well past midnight and were booked for a standard room in the "old" tower. With all the opinions written about the old tower, we inquired about the grand tower which they offered for an additional $75, but included free breakfast buffet, internet and access to the 23rd floor bar (roughly worth <$70) probably a fair deal but we decided not to take it. They instead gave us an "upgraded" room in the old tower.
The room we had (on the 18th floor) must have been a remodeled one since this room was very, very well appointed and had modern amenities. Flat panel TV, separate shower (with 3 shower heads) and tub, powered drapes, etc. The room itself was HUGE, easily 1 1/2 times larger than a standard hotel room. The hallways are also very decent, certainly not new, but not worn out either, certainly good for another 5++ years of service. I guess I'm not exactly sure what the other people are talking about when they describe the old tower needing an upgrade.
They provide free bottles of Aquafina water in the room but you have to pay if you want Evian. Their breakfast buffet was great and had an extensive menu (more like a brunch with all their offerings) but quite overpriced at $24. Interesting that you can order a 3 egg omelet (ala cart) for less than $6 and have a decent and filling breakfast for less than $10 in the same restaurant. Other ala care offerings were in the same price range.
Internet is pricey at about $18/day. However free and open internet is available in the lobby, coffee shops and restaurants (just ask for the login and password). There is also a business center with about 6 computers just in the far corner of the lobby area.
This place appears to cater to international business people and less to tourist although there is a SaigonTours desk at the lobby which we availed of our tour requirements.
We had a late departure on our last day. Being a Starwood rewards member they gave us a late checkout at 2PM. They also offered access (open till 10PM) to the fitness center where I was able to do a quick shower before we headed for the airport.
You cannot pick a better location for this hotel, right in the middle of the tourist area with all the high end retailers all around. Lots of various restaurants, shops and coffee shops all within a 2-3 block circle. The Saigon river is just a few minutes walk as well.
Overall this was a great place to stay, great service, great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City’s vibrant business and entertainment district on the famous Dong Khoi street. Just a short walk from celebrated sites, including the Opera House, Ben Thanh Market, and Reunification Palace, we also offer easy access to our pool, fitness center, luxury restaurants and corporate offices. Stay and relax in one of 485 stylishly appointed rooms or suites featuring Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience and enjoy views overlooking Ho Chi Minh city or the Saigon River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Saigon Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Sheraton