“excellent hotel ,”

Hotel Equatorial Ho Chi Minh City
Ranked #27 of 465 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed October 17, 2013

excellent hotel, hotel one of original 5 star hotels beautifully maintained but probably in wrong location.great venue if you plan to do cu chi tunnels or mekong river tours and relax around pool other days as hotel lovely.pool and facilities excellent.

Room Tip: excellent hotel one of original 5 star hotels beautifully maintained but probably in wrong location...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was there with a travel agent familiarization group and am now disappointed that we weren't upgraded to the executive suites after reading that the person with deals.com was! Nevertheless, the hotel is very nice and the breakfast buffet had excellent choices of all types of international (mostly Asian) foods but everything that should've been hot was cold and they need to improve that because their meals are very expensive. The hotel is away from all the other hotels in the main district but we were busy on day tours with a bus anyway so it made no difference to us. A couple of ladies were able to enjoy a foot massage in the spa and said it was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We spent to days as the first part of our 10 day deals.com experience at this hotel.

We we arrived we were offered an upgrade to the executive suites for a very reasonable price and decided to pamper ourselves. We were not disappointed with our choice.

The executive floor included drinks, food and other goodies as part of the package and added great value to the overall experience.

We found the food, rooms, service, facilities and restaurants all delivered to our expectations and could not fault any of the experience.

The hotel was very prompt with picking us up from and taking us back to the airport in a well appointed BMW which added to a wonderful experience.

All in all a lovely hotel to stay at and great value as part of the Deals.com offer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank John P
Reviewed October 9, 2013

After a 14 hour flight this hotel was a welcome sight. I arrived at 8am and thankfully got a room immediately. I had free wifi and use of all the facilities. The gym was well equipped and had suitable opening times. I treated myself to the 'Jet lag spa' package which I cannot recommend highly enough. The food in the cafe downstairs and the Oriental restaurant was always nice and good size portions. My room did not include breakfast so I did not have breakfast here so am unable to comment.

All the staff were very helpful and friendly. Only downside was it was not so central but could get into the main area for a few dollars. I also got a late checkout on my last day which was excellent. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: I had a room on the 7th floor overlooking the pool which was pleasant
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was my first experience in Vietnam, and what a great start.
We stayed here as part of a package deal.
We were greeted at the airport, where the driver happily got us into the car with a cold drink. We drove to the hotel, which was out a little, but this didn't bother us as we utilised the free shuttle bus. We needed to make changes to our bedding configuration and they were very happy to assist. The room had everything we needed and was very comfortable.
The food was all very nice. Being a little further out we decided to eat here each night. We ordered from the a la carte menu, enjoyed the dinner buffet and also ate at Orientica. All meals were a great size and very filling.
The internet was free for the first 20 mins and printing was free, but no one checked how long you were on the computer for, so I felt it was more being conscious of others wanting to use it.
I found all of the staff very friendly and went out of their to help you.
When we asked how much the cost of a car to the airport would be and how much a taxi would be, they were very honest with their response even though the hotel car was the most expensive option.
Don't let the distance from the centre put you off. Being further out also means it isn't noisy very early in the morning!

1  Thank Karyn O
Reviewed October 5, 2013

From arrival at the airport we were picked up in a nice new 5 series BMW and ushered through the hustle and bustle that is HCMC. We noted that we were a bit further out in district 5 but this is a question of whether you are prepared to give up 10 mins travel and $5 for a cab if you want to go to district 1 ( free shuttle also available and very good).
Once checked in we noted that we only had a king size and a rollaway but we were travelling with two kids 11 & 6. I was disappointed as I had communicated this well prior. I was informed by staff that for $50US/ day I could have another rollaway. Annoyed I told them finally that I would make do ( 6 y.o. Would share the king with us). Management rang back within 5 mins and a compromise was reached on the basis they were concerned that I was upset. This is one area to watch/ conim if you are travelling with kids.
Food- we have eaten in a lot of great restaurants and know good food when we have it. This place can be really proud of what they are producing. The breakfast buffet is creative and enjoyable. The upstairs restaurant very high quality. Under normal circumstances we would never have a buffet dinner, but after a big tour day we were too tired one night to leave the hotel. The kids coerced us to the dinner buffet and I must confess we were delighted. It was very reasonably priced ($39 aud per adult kids half price but Miss 6 was free) considering it included a wine buffet and fresh seafood was on offer , that was cooked after your selection and then brought to your table. Sure, you can eat out very cheaply in Vietnam, but this is a great option if you need it.
The GM can be regularly seen surveying quality and talking with staff in a nurturing manner, an excellent hands on approach is evident, and shows through the staffs reflected attitude.

The pool area is older but clean and tidy. The gym is very well set out and well utilised. The locker rooms include sauna, jacuzzi and steam room. Everything is in good order.

Overall, a great experience.

Room Tip: Just make sure that you have the bedding configuration right.
3  Thank Jason L
Reviewed September 30, 2013

5 star indeed. The service, food, staff are nice and polite. Everything in this hotel is good. Although I would have expect the Internet is free but you can use the computer in the lobby for 20mins to read emails, book a flight or do web check in and the printing is free. I like the free bus shuttle to the city though we didn't have the chance to use it. Highly recommended.

2  Thank cinzi2806