“Perfect night in Saigon”

Eastin Grand Hotel Saigon
Ranked #38 of 468 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed December 25, 2009

I came to VN once a month, previous stayed mostly in hotel downtown which always did stress to me. In downtown has everything about entertainment but a quiet and peaceful place. Time to time, I found out and change to stay in Moevenpick Hotel Saigon, things are different. A smart location as nearby airport so that i don't need to care for being late. good hospitality service, very friendly staff, i can have an accommodation with reasonable price, good facility so that i can focus to work at night. So how to ignore Moevenpick hotel saigon any next time coming to saigon? well, look forward to coming again. Kiki

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
MoevenpickSaigon, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2010

It’s great for us to be recognized as the more convenient, better-value alternative to the higher-priced hotels in District 1. We look forward to seeing you again after August 1st, when our complete renovation will be done.

Reviewed December 23, 2009

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again. The price is amazing for having a hotel so close to the airport (only about $80 USD) per night and is worth it completely. They had a casino on the ground floor which i thought was a nice touch. They have a great swimming pool, a little dusty from construction, but very nice. The only problem I really had with this hotel is that the curtains in the rooms were a little funky. I couldn't seem to open them correctly and it took loads of effort. In the end, I gave up and settled for a dark room. The service is great. People are always willing to help the best they can. Very nice place to stay if you don't mind a dark room.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Come August 1st, you can forget about the funky curtains, the dark room, and even the slightly dusty swimming pool. The casino will still be here after the renovation and we’re also using the time the hotel is closed to improve service standards among the staff.

Reviewed December 22, 2009

I came to Moevenpick Hotel Saigon to tour the country with some friends this November. Wow. What an amazing hotel! I was utterly impressed by the overall cleanliness of the building as well as the kind and welcoming staff. I was amazed when I saw the beautiful and exciting casino that was right in the hotel! It was so convenient for my friends and I just to take a break from our day and go there before heading off to our luxurious rooms to sleep. One of the best features of this hotel is the price! My friends and I are just students, and finding an affordable and suitable hotel is not an easy thing to do. Moevenpick Hotel Saigon has great bang for your buck. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. As often our guests comment; “The Mövenpick works well both as a base of operations to see other parts of the city, or as a place to escape the other parts of the city.”

Reviewed December 22, 2009

I was very pleased while staying in this hotel. Room was very clean with always helpful and extra polite staff. Five out of ten days stay I ate lunch at the Lotus Court and still love it. The Gym, the Qi Spa and the mini Casino here made me feel like I was on a luxury five stars cruise ship. I will be back.
Hannah Rose from Colorado

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
MoevenpickSaigon, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2010

We look forward to your return, when all your favorite features – the Lotus Court, the Kinetic Gym & Wellness Studio and the casino – will have been completely refurbished.

Reviewed December 17, 2009

I came to Saigon for a partner's meeting and stayed there in 2 days. It's the first time I've been in such a nice hotel near the airport, about 10 minutes without traffic jam. They have 2 restaurants with reasonable price and delicious food. I've tried Chinese food there and found they're very special. They also have a big lobby, gym club for free and very nice swimming pool especially at night. Room is spacious but I prefer upgraded amentities. Their staff are very friendly and helpful whenever you need. Most of all, I love the new asmosphere there. "I do like to come back" is what I want to share with you.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2009

I stayed there on my business trip about 3 - 4 nights. I enjoyed their Executive category. It turned out a good choice. There were a lot of benefits with a reasonable price. Staffs were always friendly and efficient to you whenever you need help or advise what to do in Ho Chi Minh city. Big lobby and restaurant was value for money with plenty of food. It is close to the airport and convenient for you because my office is near there (around 5-10 minutes), but it is quite away from downtown District 1. However, it is not a big problem because taking taxi is just around 15-20 minutes. I had a comfortable trip

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2009

nice hotel, big lobby, pricey everything by saigon standards. it's perfect though if you have an early flight from the airport. Otherwise, stay in town somewhere that is close to everything and cheaper

do not pay fixed rate for taxi from airport, insist on meter (VinaSun taxi is best)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple