On first examination, you may think that there are other hotels more central to the commercial district. However, the Sofitel is within walking distance to all of the major sights, including the shopping district and benefits from the slightly less frenetic pace of Le Duan Bvld.
The hotel is well presented, with all of the hallmarks you would expect from a Sofitel property. The lobby bar is very nice (if a little quiet) and the pool deck and bar with views over the city is a very nice place to spend a couple of hours. The rooms of the club floor are newly renovated in a funky modern style and benefit from access to the Club on the 18th floor. The breakfast served in the Club is nicely put together and what it may lack in variety (compared with the main buffet) it more than makes up for in outlook and attentive service.
Finally, the standard of service in this hotel is of the highest level. Staff were attentive and helpful to a fault. It is the view of this reviewer that these high standards are set and maintained by the consistent supervision of senior staff who appear to be constantly on the floor. Frederik D (who can be seen responding to many reviews) was always happy to stop and chat and on request provided an excellent restaurant recommendation that miraculously turned into a dinner reservation. Every request of the staff was followed through and confirmation fed back to you - wherever you might be in the hotel. We genuinely appreciated this very personalized level of service and felt that it was superior to almost all of the properties we have visited. For this reason alone, we would recommend this hotel to others visiting HCMC.
Our thanks to the management team for a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Saigon Plaza is located on peaceful tree-lined Le Duan Boulevard just a moment from the city's commercial centre with it's fabulous shopping dining and landmark attractions like Notre Dame Cathedral and Reunification Palace. Newly renovated rooms and suites offer guests contemporary 5-star hotel style with a blend of modern French design and Vietnamese influences. Each room features spacious elegance while the Imperial Suite is the largest in Saigon. Situated in the business district and offering a full range of expert services the hotel is ideal for business as well as leisure travellers to Ho Chi Minh. It's conference facilities make it a preferred host for Magnifique weddings and events. Experience the French art de vivre the best of Ho Chi Minh City and gracious 5-star hotel service at Sofitel Saigon Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, ACCOR and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Saigon Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Saigon Plaza Hotel Ho Chi Minh City
- Sofitel Hotel Plaza Saigon
- Sofitel Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Sofitel