The Renaissance is right on the river and a short distance from the main tourist attractions. It's a hotel of quality but not luxury.
It’s not 5 star and it has no wow element but it is just nice, clean and comfy. It’s a family vacation hotel is what it looks like. At the renaissance Bangkok, when I check in as a Platinum member they bring me to the lounge to check in. Here, with the crowds checking in and out, they told me to have a seat on the crowded couches. Of course, I don’t mind this, but I’m just showing that it’s not a luxury hotel. It is however a 4 star hotel. So the staff were high quality.
Although, I must say, one of the best Plat welcome gifts I’ve had was here. It was just well put together and had local fruits, including a coconut with a straw! And we were upgraded to a suite, which was a real nice suite. Much appreciated!
There are some real great features. It is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are all outward facing and it has the middle open like an indoor courtyard. You can see down 20 some floors to the beautiful lobby. It’s a real elegant hotel to walk around in. And the rooms are nice. Slightly elegant but not luxury. The hotel looks to be slightly old but maintained really well. It’s neither dated or new. It’s not modern but it’s not old.
The club lounge is pretty small but it gives it a personal feel. A nice setting and we had no problem with it’s small size until a sudden dinner rush. Then the staff advised a couple to sit at our table while they waited for a table of their own to open up. This is pretty odd and my wife and I were cool, however it was clear that the other couple wasn’t there to socialize. Anyways, it’s a good quality lounge.
Whether or not I will stay there again depends on the price. If the IC or the PH is close to the same price I would prefer them but if the it’s a good deal, I know I can expect quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located in the heart of Saigon's business and entertainment district, the Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, offers warm hospitality, first-class amenities and incredible panoramic views of the Saigon River. Ho Chi Minh's famous landmarks such as the Reunification Palace and the beautiful Opera House are all within strolling distance as are numerous sellers of Vietnamese arts and crafts: a fascinating mix of commercial, retail, entertainment and cultural highlights at your door. Pamper yourself in a newly refurbished club room and after a day of meetings or sightseeing, take a dip in our rooftop pool,relax at our sun soaked poolside terrace. Alternatively enjoy a drink in the Atrium Lounge, a leisurely dinner at Kabin Chinese Restaurant or dine in our Riverside Café for Western and Vietnamese culinary delights. If you are looking for a hotel for an event or meeting the Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon offers meeting facilities which include natural daylight and river views ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Renaissance