Like apparently many others before me, I booked the Riverside Hotel instead of the Renaissance Riverside Hotel by mistake. Even gave myself a smug pat on the back for getting it so cheap compared to what everyone else was paying.
Yep...turns out there's a reason for that - different hotel, just a couple of doors down, with a similar name. Absolutely nothing similar beyond the name.
So after 1 night, I promptly checked out and checked in to the Renaissane Riverside Resort, where I'd intended to stay all along.
Fabulous hotel. Fabulous location.
Amazing staff, and the best breakfast (range and service) that I've ever seen. Worth paying the money for, even just once.
The room service was also the most amazing I'd ever seen. I'm a huge fan of room service - someone else cooks it and brings it to you, and you don't have to dress up or leave your room. What's not to love!? The room service trays were a work of art. Even a simple burger had garnishes and accompaniments beyond my expectations. The food itself was fantastic, and the inclusions and additions (sauces, little snacks with the meal itself etc) was a whole other level of amazing.
The room service breakfast was nothing short of extravagant. I seriously had to toss up whether to go down and bask in the amazing restaurant breakfast, or laze and glutton out on the room service breakfast.
Total first world dilemma, I know.
The views are great, especially on the upper floors of the river side rooms. Having said that, I had a room on the opposite side of the hotel, looking directly into an adjoining office block. I spent much time on my sofa, observing Vietnamese office life. It was actually highly entertaining and addictive.
The casino, wow. The lift itself is an experience. That's all before the free food and drink while watching the Asian punters get stuck into the video gaming machines - slapping them, talking to them, chanting their good luck mantra's. It was a total highlight of our time in HCMC.
This hotel is well worth the price. The rooms are fantastic. Nothing is too much to ask of the staff. The food is amazing. Treat yourself, you won't regret it.
Roof top drinks at the pool bar as day turned to night was also a highlight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located in the heart of Saigon's business and entertainment district, the Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, offers warm hospitality, first-class amenities and incredible panoramic views of the Saigon River. Ho Chi Minh's famous landmarks such as the Reunification Palace and the beautiful Opera House are all within strolling distance as are numerous sellers of Vietnamese arts and crafts: a fascinating mix of commercial, retail, entertainment and cultural highlights at your door. Pamper yourself in a newly refurbished club room and after a day of meetings or sightseeing, take a dip in our rooftop pool,relax at our sun soaked poolside terrace. Alternatively enjoy a drink in the Atrium Lounge, a leisurely dinner at Kabin Chinese Restaurant or dine in our Riverside Café for Western and Vietnamese culinary delights. If you are looking for a hotel for an event or meeting the Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon offers meeting facilities which include natural daylight and river views ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Renaissance