“Great food and people” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bahdja Restaurant - CLOSED

Bahdja Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: First Algerian Restaurant in Ho Chi Minh city. Serving Algerian style Couscous, Tajines. Fresh mint tea, Espresso, Great wines, cold draught beer available. Unique decor, central location.
Toronto, Canada
“Great food and people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Excellent food, wonderful service. The couscous, chakchouka, merguez and bread with spreads are all fresh and delicious. The owners are wonderful people -- not only did they make us feel like family, they rescued my camera. I left it at the restaurant and realized it was missing ten days later. Thankfully, the owners had kept it safe and sound until I could pick it up. Shukran Bahdja!

• Visited April 2014

• Vietnamese first
Chicago, Illinois
“I now love Algerian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I'd never tried Algerian food before and I loved it! I just finished an amazing dinner with my friend at Bahdja. The owner (I assume) greeted us at the door and was very attentive throughout the whole meal. The homemade bread and spreads were flavorful and a perfect start to the meal. Our main courses were great- my meat was falling apart in a great way. So tender, yet so much flavor. If I had more time in HCM, I would definitely return!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Boulder, Colorado
“Extremely good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Fabulous food, great presentation, and a great introduction to Algerian food, provided by
Algerian imigrants to Viet Nam. Everything was great in this small restaurant in the basement of a hotel. No outside seating, and a loud neighboring table makes conversation difficult.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ron W
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Algerian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We had couscous merguez, ratatouille and a starter. All were very tasty. The carafe of cabernet sauvignon was very nice as well. Owner very attentive and friendly, making sure that everything went well and that we had a great meal. Like everything in Ho Chi Minh City it can be difficult to find, so take the address when you go looking for it. It is worth the search. There is a sign board in front of it on the sidewalk to help you know when you have located it. It's down a few steps but air conditioned and nice and quiet and calm inside.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Della M
Tokyo, Japan
“Nice place for a quiet meal ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I chose this place for our last dinner in Vietnam. I wanted to try something rather special at the end of our 9-day trip. Having had Vietnamese food for 8 days straight, I felt African will be an interesting change of theme. We arrived around 7:30 for our dinner booking and was greeted by the friendly staffs right away. To my surprise, we were the only table. I was picturing a packed place with music but I was pleasantly surprised by how quiet the place was. The lady who helped us with our orders was very nice and attentive. She explained the specials as well as the ingredients when our food was served. We ordered the lamb couscous which was really good. The bread was homemade,very delicious. I will recommend this place for sure. A nice and exotic dining experience :). Oh, food is very reasonably price. Good value for what u pay.

2 Thank Moyashi S