“Good staff”

DDA Hotel District 1 (BIZU)
Ranked #153 of 458 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed there for 3 days. There is so good looking sights with many services at the best level, specially the serve of staffs. It located at the central area so that there has some noises and very crowded but it is okie, i feel that...

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Anthonynicolas
There are newer reviews for DDA Hotel District 1 (BIZU)

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I did a reservation for 2 nights and spent in total 5 nights in this Hotel. Everything was perfect. Great location.The room was clean,decent bathroom and comfortable bed. It was absolutely the money worth to stay in this Hotel. But the main reason why i stay 3 more nights is because of the great staff. They are all very friendly,helpful,responsive,funny...They tried everything to make a customer happy and for a great stay. I'll be back in HCM city next week and i'll definitely stay in this Hotel again.

1  Thank Zhengii
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The hotel is located on a small side street with a few clubs located on it. I arrived at night and there were quite a lot of 20 something year old club goers hanging around on the street. When I got inside the hotel, there was an Australian girl twirling around to the christmas carols playing in the background. I wasn't sure if she was strung out on something. Around her were a bunch of Asian men cheering and jeering her on. The whole scene was a bit disturbing and hard to ignore as the so called lobby was a tiny space. On checking in, I was told to pay upfront. There was nothing as far as I recalled during the reservation process that payment was required upfront. I refused to pay and was told rather threateningly that my passport will be held instead. I wasn't about to be separated from my passport in a strange communist country and also I wasn't going to pay upfront. If payment was required they should have been clear that this was a pre-paid rate, besides during the reservation I had paid for the first night. The receptionist finally gave in.

When I saw the room I realized why payment was required up-front. The room was small with four bare walls- four bare dirty walls. Oh I forgot there was a window that opened to a brick wall. And on another wall there was a small TV with mainly Vietnamese channels. The bed was hard. The furniture scratched. The bathroom didn't have a space for shower. So basically you had to stand in front of the wash basin and turn on the shower. This meant that after a shower the entire bathroom was flooded. And the towel was a large square which didn't wrap around me. As the night went on, my walls started to vibrate from music playing in the club next door. I knew there was no way I could spend 4 nights in this room. Even though I paid for the first night I didn't want to spend another hour in that place. I got my stuff together and walked out without another reservation. The receptionist asked for my email stating that they would refund me for the first night. I'm still waiting to hear from them… I'm not holding my breath.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the car pickup. They charge you $20 and the car sent was a crappy Toyota. The...
7  Thank brianonthego
binhnguyen, Director of Sales at DDA Hotel District 1 (BIZU), responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

We have hotels in different locations , different standards with suitable prices. Each location has its own beauties & attractions, and the prices also match with the facilities.

You have chosen and complained the most famous, the most alive and interesting area- “the backpacker area” where various nightlife entertainment facilities, activities, people, motorbikes and noises are packed and mixed into an area. This convenient location is perfect to most of our guests with those desires of music, club, nightlife, and street food, cheap beer & meeting friends.

You have chosen and complained a cheaper rated hotel of our hotels opened to match the demand of our group of customer who would request basic clean, adequate facilities and good services and who would not expect to spend for fancies and luxuries in this location where prices and qualities are famous of being so great at “ backpacker” standard of demand.

You did not choose a higher price for a higher standard of demand as we have 2 newly built boutique hotels in a green, clean, beautiful & luxury area for expat & tourists. The location of fine dining restaurants, shopping malls, full of flowers & trees, well planned streets so not much traffic & noisy motorbike, the luxury location which is the top residence in Saigon and Vietnam - Phu My Hung area which is 10 minutes hiding away from the center of all chaos.

The moment you made reservation, we did recommended you tips for transportation with 2 options: -
Option 1 is taxi by your self. We recommended the trusted taxi company Vinasun, Mai Linh. We gave tips on taxi fare and how to deal with the driver.- Option 2 is private pick-up service. Yes you had to pay more for a private car , a private driver waiting for you in case of delay and it surely is more secured and help you stay away from the risk of being rip off from fake taxi as we call “ ghost taxi”. We didn’t hide anything, and you decided to get option 2. When you recognize that is not your expected location, we suggested moving your booking to the other place but you didn’t accept. We believe that you will be happy if you made the right choice to what you really want.

We did our best for your case and thank you for your stay and comments.

BIZU HOTEL

Reviewed December 22, 2013

It is a great place to stay and the staff are so friendly and helpful. It is situated in a perfect location close to all the restaurants and bars. I felt very at home when I was there and will definitely return on my next trip.

Eddie K (Australia)

4  Thank Eddie K
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent, excellent, excellent location!! The hotel staff are upbeat and friendly and cannot do enough for you. They booked our train tickets for us and had them delivered at no extra cost. They also went through the trouble of changing the tickets for us when we altered our plans. We left our phone charger at the hotel the day we left and realized when we got to the train station. A quick call to the hotel and the security guy came on his scooter to the station with the charger!

The room was clean and spacious and housekeeping did a great job each day. We did notice one day that a towel looked dirty (I think it was a stain rather than dirty). We asked for the towel to be exchanged and the staff apologized profusely. Later that evening they presented us with a tiny iced cake as an apology offering! We thought this was a very nice touch!!

The room we stayed in was on the front of the building and there is a bar below that plays music VERY loudly so if you are a light sleeper this might prove problematic. We tend to sleep like logs so it wasn't a problem.

We felt safe and secure in the hotel though the door to our room had a bit of a gap and we wondered if the door could be "carded". Having said this we felt secure enough leaving our things there throughout the day.

The staff seem to have a very good handle on who their guests are and it seems you can't access the elevator unless they recognize you.

Would positively stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank LG-lifesgreat
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We travelled along with another couple staying three nights. The rooms are clean but offered no natural sunlight with the absence of windows. The highlight was the service staff who were always ready to provide advice and assistance every time we asked for it. They did so with a smile on their face and made our whole stay very enjoyable. The location of the hotel was in the heart of the back packers area in district one. There were plenty of food and entertainment areas around with competitively priced tour agencies just a street away, if you're looking to explore outside HCM. Overall we were very satisfied with the price and quality of service and would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in the back packers area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laszlo B
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Stayed 2 nights as a family. Room 's clean and comfortable but quite noisy at night. We stayed in room 601 ( has 1 double bed and 1 single bed). All staffs are nice and friendly, they gave us good recommend for vietnamese food, some place we should visit. Will stay here again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family