“A quaint, homely restaurant with character that serves great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of May Restaurant - CLOSED

May Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Southern Vietnamese family dishes are the main focus of the restaurant. We will welcome you as if you were coming in our home, with smiles and soft atmosphere, believing that good food brings people together. In a French colonial house, we went back to the roots of Vietnamese cuisine as it was done in the Sixties without MSG.
Singapore, Null, Singapore
“A quaint, homely restaurant with character that serves great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Much has been reviewed on cuc gach quan which is a lovely restaurant, but I much prefer may because the food tastes even better n I prefer the decor here.....

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Fong68

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vilnius, Lithuania
“The Homely Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Even if you are a Vietnamese you would want to come to the May restaurant as it serves extremely popular food dishes that have a home-made character. After listening to the chef who extolled the virtues of the 1960’s recipes my thoughts were about our own mother and grandmother’s cooking back home in India. Apparently the pork belly stew in clay pot with eggs is a favorite (I don’t eat pork). Another favorite dish is the tofu with mushroom which was excellent. I had never heard of an ice cream lumped with coconut and I tried it. May be I will ask someone in India to try it out. It was really good. The other new dish for me was the melon soup and that, too, was great. The service was impeccable as was the kitchen where it all begins.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank RolandoPBeat
Brisbane
“Nice house”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Probably my expectations were very high due to the reviews in trip advisor, but I was disappointed with the food and service. We had the beg wrapped in mustard leaves and it was very nice, very different and as a main I ordered the passion fruit fish and was a bit bland, I also ordered veggies and they were very nice. For dessert I tried the pancakes with exotic fruits and they were interesting but nothing spectacular. Thewaiters we very nice (as all Vietnameses are, at least in my experience ) but service was slow, we had to call the waitress every time we wanted to order. It was an unremarkable experience.

1 Thank Clenaranjo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Often go there for lunch.The combination from food, services, and atmosphere is totally perfect and the price is reasonable

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank White203
vancouver
“Love the setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Great old French mansion in a back lane. Was surprised to find this lovely house in a residential area. The rooms are interesting and staff attentive. Best way to order is to start with the appetizer or first course only. Only order the main after otherwise everything comes at once. Enjoyed the food and ambiance. Staff are helpful as well.

Visited December 2013