“Fantastic staff and very clean rooms!”
Review of Khoi 2 Hotel

Khoi 2 Hotel
Ranked #16 of 962 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We were starting a tour in HCMC but the hotel it was starting in was above our budget (3 star) so decided to stay here for 2 nights before tour. Absolutely loved this hotel. I have been travelling for 4 months and I think the rooms and bathroom were the cleanest I have seen, credit to the cleaners! The staff were very helpful and couldn't have done more for us. There is no lift in the hotel but a staff member carried my bag for me and politely refused to take a tip from me. The lady who was there when we checked in (the afternoon of the 7th Nov) took out a map and showed us where everything is and also advised us on where to eat, as this was our first time in HCMC this was very much appreciated! Located very near the backpacker district, however it is up an alleyway but it was always well lit and we never felt unsafe. Currently in our new 3 star hotel where the room is half the size and twice the price! Thanks for a great stay to all at Hello Hotel!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and we loved it.
We had 2 different rooms one with a small window and one with a huge window. That doesn't matter to us as we only sleep there but to others it can be important. Rooms are very clean,big and beds are comfy!

Breakfast is yummy and we loved their coffee.

The staff are just awesome, always helpful and friendly and as mentioned no tours etc are pushed onto you.

Hotel I thought was easy to find, it is off a side street which is good as its quiet but its very close to the main streets.

A must!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Downside was it was hard to find. Entrance you find by entering the markets from Pham gu Lao st. Once you enter the markets, stick to the left, close to the wall, first alleyway you come across will have a sign with Hello Hotel being the very last on the list of hotels on the sign.
Rooms are good for the price I paid. Location was great. Market, park, Pham ngu Lao st, Ben Than Markets a bit further to walk, (but still walkable) nearby.
Host was very accommodating and helpful. What I liked as well was she did not try and push or sell any tours to me. That's always a bonus for me. If you want something decent, this is the place. Go elsewhere if your gonna come here and complain about not getting a 4* room for $20+ a night. My room was very clean, very small window. Ac & wifi were great!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank esagatu
Reviewed September 21, 2013

It was OK. This was a last minute booking after going through the reviews. I dont think the hotel is good value for money. It is located inside a narrow side street and is difficult to get to with luggage. However it gets worse once you check in because the spiral staircase is narrower than average. The front desk staff is not friendly and comes across as abrasive. This might be because of the age of the clerk....15 is my guess. The rooms are nothing to write home about. The rooms has a window the size of an A4/legal size paper. The bathrooms are narrow and there is water everywhere because there is no partitioning. For a couple dollar more you can find a much much better hotel and that is exactly what I did.

Room Tip: For a few $$ more you will find better places.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Hien D, Manager at Khoi 2 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear my guests,

Thanks for your staying at Hello hotel and feedback about us!
I would like to explain something about your comment to let us understand each other.

As you knew, our hotel located in a small alley near the main popular street in the center , so actually it is not so difficult to get to with luggage as well as spiral staircase is big enough to go up and down with luggage, i never got any complaint as you mentioned, you can check this matter through other reviews. Before booking through online, you should read information about room description and facilities, so i do not cheat you anything about bathroom and window.

About staff attitude, i do not know what made you feel unsatisfied about her, because nothing happened between you and her through the days when staying at our accommodation, she never said anything wrong to you, even she agreed to let you check out late at 3 pm without charge, normally at 12 pm. So, i really do not understand what she made you feel annoyed like that.

Hopefully we can understand each other after sharing something, and i hope that we have an another chance to serve you at our place.

Thanks and have a nice day!
Hello Hotel.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Trip Advisor is sometimes deceiving. First this hotel is hard to find, our cab driver had no idea where it was and so he dropped me off 4 streets away. I eventually found it after asking multiple locals. I showed up at the Hello Hotel expecting a decent hotel. However I would say it is closer to a hostel than a hotel. The shower is a gross shower head pointed at an equally as gross toilet in a tiny grubby bathroom. I sat on the bed and it was rock hard, even for Asia. After seeing the room I left the key on the front desk, walked 6 minutes to a hotel, paid $9 more than what Hello was charging for an amazing, clean, comfy room in the heart of district 1.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hien D, Manager at Khoi 2 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Ms. Ashley,

I would like to say something about your feedback for our hotel.

After reading your review, i can understand your feeling about first trip in Vietnam, actually our hotel located on popular street in District 1, with the signboard front of the alley, so hence, it is not so hard to find our place, but maybe taxi driver pretended to drive you around and around to make more money, this problem made you annoyed very much before coming our hotel I think.

Regarding your complaint about the shower, you should read facility information as well as see pictures very clearly before making reservation, so i do not cheat you anything. Moreover, almost my guests never complain about bed, mattress, you can check this matter by reading other reviews, so i really do not know what made you feel so bad like that.

Anyway, i do not understand why you did not say anything before leaving in a hurry, we can talk each other to find good solution for both sides, even I can upgrade another room or refund money to make you feel more satisfied, it is not fair to compare room standard if you paid 9$ more than for another hotel, this is big different as you know.

I hope that we can understand each other after sharing our thought.

Have a nice day!
Hello hotel.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have used the hotel two time, at the arrived and the last day in Vietnam. Not expencive for a family, we are four with two kids (10 and 13), clean, breakfast quite average. A special word to the staff, very helpful and friendly!
Thanks

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly! Everybody spoke very good English. In general very relaxed atmosphere. After a busy, hot day, a perfect place to chill. Pool, cold beer, chatting with your friends or using the free Wifi, no kids running around. The location is excellent as well, just across the street of the main beach :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends