“Location, value, service”

Ranked #29 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Perth, Australia
“Location, value, service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed 3n June 2014 in premier deluxe room on 9th floor. For price, the room size and standard of amenities, buffet bfast, cleanliness were excellent compared to similar rated nearby hotels. The service, rooftop pool, mini golf putting lawn (real grass - surprised us), and location near BT market are top features of this small complex. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed at the Grand Silverland Hotel & Spa from June 20-June 22. The hotel is cute, located near the local market. There are plenty of things to do within walking distance or a short cab ride away.

The hotel offers a lovely breakfast in the morning and has a quiet rooftop pool on the tenth floor. Perfect and comfortable accommodations for exploring a new city. The thing that sets this hotel apart is the customer service. Wow. Here's the story:

I left my phone in a taxi cab 6 hours before I was leaving the country. The staff at the hotel was kind enough to call the taxi company's customer service line on my behalf and retrieve my phone from the taxi driver. Unfortunately, the taxi driver delivered the phone after I had already flown back to Singapore, but the hotel reached out to me and shipped the phone to my hotel in Singapore!!!

This is amazing customer service and I am delighted to have my phone back. Please book a stay at this hotel and know that the staff will bend over backwards to take care of you!!

3 Thank tompatties
Binh D, General Manager at Grand Silverland Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Tompatties,

Thank you very much for your compliment of our service. I am happy to learn that the staff made his efforts to send the phone to you.

At Grand Silverland, guest satisfaction is our priority. I am proud that the staff did it. I will pass your feedback to serve as an encouragement.

Dear Tompatties, thanks again for the excellent review and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Do Xuan Binh
Grand Silverland Hotel and Spa
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Great location, close to the market and all major tourist attractions. Staff very helpful and gave us great advice about what to do and where to go, room very clean and bed was one of the most comfortable in Vietnam. Rooftop pool was a lovely place to chill with a drink after a long day sightseeing, very impressed with the weekend buffet, great value for money and delicious seafood. Breakfast was good with lots of choice. I also enjoyed a massage at the Spa which was relaxing and the therapists professional. Nice personal touch when the hotel staff realised it was my husbands birthday and sent up a box of chocolates, excellent customer service and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in HCMC.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank macy t
Wickham, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed for three nights at this Hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a junior suite that gave us a little more space. Our room did have a city view but the view was not impressive. The shower however was!! So many jets, sprays and settings. Very nice. As was the jet tub. The King size bed was firm but comfortable and the linen and pillows good quality. I thought it might be difficult to sleep due to street noise but there was no problem.
We enjoyed the roof top pool. It isnt very big but was great to be able to have a cooling dip in the afternoon after a long walk. I enjoyed two massages at the Hotel spa. Even though they were more expensive than other shops on the street the girls were very professional and lovely and the massages very relaxing.
The hotel is walking distance to many attractions and there are boutiques, markets, cafes and restaurants in abundance. We would stay here again.

2 Thank Carolyn A
Siem Reap, Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Great location staff very attentive and positive. We played put put golf visited the gym and went to the roof top pool for some sun bathing.
I would recommend the staff learn slightly more English though they largely ,Ade up for this with great enthusiasm.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in HCMC.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I recently stayed here with my girlfriend and was overall impressed, the staff is extremely friendly and did the best to make the stay feel luxurious, helping with tour information, hailing taxis, giving directions to restaurants, room service check-in in the evening etc. The breakfast buffet was fantastic. There are several computers in the lobby and free wifi which is nice. The hotel is located right by Ben Tan market and within walking distance to many of the popular sites. The room itself was decent, nothing special, and probably the one area I was a little disappointed with, we had no window and was somewhat cramped.
Overall, I was happy with my stay and would definitely recommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: Get a room with a real window
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Twelve of us stayed at this hotel for three nights, not one of the group had a good word to say about front counter staff, their attitude on check in was as if we were second rate guests, a key was misplaced and it was like we were doing something criminal with the key, it took at least ten minutes to obtain a replacement key. Upon check out mini bar costs were discovered on other group members rooms, bar purchases paid for in cash were charged to the account and only discovered when the bar dockets were requested as an itemised bill was not supplied, one of the group in frustration at front desk staff attitude decided it was easier to pay for an items twice than try and argue with the staff member. During our stay it was obvious the entire front desk staff had an attitude, was it because we were white anglo saxon ? The Hotel was reasonable, these staff lowered the standard of the Hotel to the point I would strongly recommend against staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Not at this Hotel
3 Thank 991garryd
Binh D, General Manager at Grand Silverland Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Garry D,

First of all, Thank you very much for bringing to my attention of your disappointment on the hotel service and staff attitude.

At Grand Silverland, we do focus on a professional service and more important, the staff attitude. I never accept any hotel personnel with improper attitude in our team. So, I am sure that this will be investigated and taken action seriously.

All guest must be treated with respect and we all wish to welcome guest to our "home".

It is unfortunate that the Hotel Manager was not aware and I was not reported. I believe that if we are called, the situation must have been better.

Dear Garry, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

If you give us another chance to welcome you back, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am sure the situation will be changed better

Do Xuan Binh